Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Interior/Exterior/Visual

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #49  
Old 07-09-2013, 02:54 PM
XenonDepot's Avatar
Premium Vendor
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,756
Thanks: 3
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 295947
XenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee HID Kit Installation

Hey: Can I give you a quick call? If so, send me a PM with your # please.

Thanks,

Steve
__________________
Jeep Parts & Accessories - HID KITS - AUTOMOTIVE LED BULBS - FLOOR MATS & LINERS - CAR COVERS - SEAT COVERS



Jeep Garage SUPER SALE is on now!! - SAVE $$$

AUTHORIZED JEEP GARAGE VENDOR - SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-09-2013, 03:03 PM
FryingPan's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 80
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 508
FryingPan has a brilliant future
Garage
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee HID Kit Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonDepot View Post
Hey: Can I give you a quick call? If so, send me a PM with your # please.

Thanks,

Steve
Incoming!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 07-09-2013, 03:35 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Shelton, WA
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 472
SheltonJeep14 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee HID Kit Installation

Getting nervous about the canbus situation. I got two kits a couple weeks ago but have not installed yet (headlights and foglights). Im just going to remove the bumper, i know it will be faster and easier to run all the wires(hope they're long enough to reach from driver side fog to the power source near passenger window) and add tow hooks as well. Just waiting for those to show up.

I guess my concern is, the instructions are suggesting i may need to switch polarity. How do you know? Plus the color of the wires on the canbus are different colored than the harness. Harness is black/white, canbus is red/white and when plugged in its, canbus red to harness white, canbus white to harness black. Does that sound right?

Thanks for the help and hopefully i can install this weekend.

Last question. Do i have to make a hole in the back of the light cap to fit the bulb and grommet? Cant see for sure but ive seen some pics online that suggest it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 07-09-2013, 03:51 PM
XenonDepot's Avatar
Premium Vendor
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,756
Thanks: 3
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 295947
XenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee HID Kit Installation

Hi,

Yes, those color combos sound correct.

Steve
__________________
Jeep Parts & Accessories - HID KITS - AUTOMOTIVE LED BULBS - FLOOR MATS & LINERS - CAR COVERS - SEAT COVERS



Jeep Garage SUPER SALE is on now!! - SAVE $$$

AUTHORIZED JEEP GARAGE VENDOR - SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Shelton, WA
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 472
SheltonJeep14 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee HID Kit Installation

what about the bulb cap? do I need to make a hole or is there one already there for the grommet? if I need to make a hole, what size drill for the grommet?

Just have the one car and want to have everything necessary for the install before I get started. Parts store is 4-5 miles away.

Thanks
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-09-2013, 04:18 PM
FryingPan's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 80
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 508
FryingPan has a brilliant future
Garage
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee HID Kit Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheltonJeep14 View Post
Getting nervous about the canbus situation. I got two kits a couple weeks ago but have not installed yet (headlights and foglights). Im just going to remove the bumper, i know it will be faster and easier to run all the wires(hope they're long enough to reach from driver side fog to the power source near passenger window) and add tow hooks as well. Just waiting for those to show up.

I guess my concern is, the instructions are suggesting i may need to switch polarity. How do you know? Plus the color of the wires on the canbus are different colored than the harness. Harness is black/white, canbus is red/white and when plugged in its, canbus red to harness white, canbus white to harness black. Does that sound right?

Thanks for the help and hopefully i can install this weekend.

Last question. Do i have to make a hole in the back of the light cap to fit the bulb and grommet? Cant see for sure but ive seen some pics online that suggest it.
I just got off of the phone with Steve a few minutes ago and here's what we've started to figure out: if you disable your DRLs through the UConnect settings, you might not need the CANBUS modules at all. I've been running one light with a module and one light without a module and as long as the DRLs are disabled, there's no flickering. Auto mode works as well without flickering.

Maybe someone who has already installed their kit can remove their CANBUS modules and verify this?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-09-2013, 04:20 PM
FryingPan's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 80
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 508
FryingPan has a brilliant future
Garage
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee HID Kit Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheltonJeep14 View Post
what about the bulb cap? do I need to make a hole or is there one already there for the grommet? if I need to make a hole, what size drill for the grommet?

Just have the one car and want to have everything necessary for the install before I get started. Parts store is 4-5 miles away.

Thanks
You'll have to drill a hole in it. The plastic is really soft though and easy to cut through. A hole about 1" in diameter should do the job.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 07-09-2013, 05:17 PM
bumpinjeep's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 152
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 534
bumpinjeep is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee HID Kit Installation

First post, here we go.
I picked up a 14 Limited a couple of months ago. This is my DD so no heavy mods, I already have other toys. I do need HIDs though as this is the only vehicle I have without them. Weird, you would figure for something that costs $45K it would come stock but oh well. I'm thinking of doing HID fogs since the bumper has to come off anyway. So 4 lights with 2 CANIBUS (since the fogs dont have a DLR feature)?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07-09-2013, 05:52 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Shelton, WA
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 472
SheltonJeep14 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee HID Kit Installation

^^that's what I did. I turned off the DRL's a long time ago. and if they are running a lower voltage they could be the cause of the problem but I don't have the kit installed yet. hopefully all goes well with the install. Thanks for the heads up FryingPan
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 07-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 826
Thanks: 4
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Rep Power: 127111
loveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond reputeloveracing1988 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by FryingPan View Post
I just got off of the phone with Steve a few minutes ago and here's what we've started to figure out: if you disable your DRLs through the UConnect settings, you might not need the CANBUS modules at all. I've been running one light with a module and one light without a module and as long as the DRLs are disabled, there's no flickering. Auto mode works as well without flickering.

Maybe someone who has already installed their kit can remove their CANBUS modules and verify this?
Mine wasn't a xenondepot kit but I had the dealer shutoff the drl's and I still needed the canbus fixes.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 07-09-2013, 06:52 PM
alva000's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 429
alva000 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee HID Kit Installation

It's starting to sound like this kit has a couple of bugs that needs to be fixed before the kit can be considered 100% PnP.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07-09-2013, 06:57 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Shelton, WA
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 472
SheltonJeep14 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee HID Kit Installation

More info for those who removing the bumper. Just got back from dealer and the cost was $5 per rivet I ordered 6 in case of breakage that's $30!!! But the parts guy was cool and showed me the ford rivets and they were identical! But cost $1.20 each. Here's the part # if anyone is interested. N803043-S
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HID kit for 2014 Cherokee Limited tvguy710 Interior/Exterior/Visual 197 07-15-2014 10:49 AM
How-To: Fog light HID kit in 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee (pic heavy) pbalias Tech Tips/DIY/How To 87 05-06-2014 12:14 PM
Grand Cherokee WK Fog Light HID Installation unknown Interior/Exterior/Visual 12 09-27-2011 07:53 PM
2011 Grand Cherokee External Light Installation rayfklift Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 0 08-08-2011 08:21 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community