Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Interior/Exterior/Visual

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #169  
Old 08-23-2013, 07:50 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 60
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 513
schandna01 is on a distinguished road
That's strange, it shouldn't be that hard. Start at the very front, closest to the windshield and ise your fingers to get to the sides. There are 4 clips holding it into place. Pull down with force (not hulk strength force) and it should come off. For a second it felt like the headliner was coming down, but once it came off and I saw how it worked, it was no problem. I think somewhere n this thread there is a mopar picture of the back of the console, where the 4 clips are. Pull close to that and you should be fine.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 08-23-2013, 10:43 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 315
Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 832
peejym has disabled reputation
Re: 2014 replacing bulbs with LED's interior , replace headlamp/fog

Quote:
Originally Posted by schandna01 View Post
That's strange, it shouldn't be that hard. Start at the very front, closest to the windshield and ise your fingers to get to the sides. There are 4 clips holding it into place. Pull down with force (not hulk strength force) and it should come off. For a second it felt like the headliner was coming down, but once it came off and I saw how it worked, it was no problem. I think somewhere n this thread there is a mopar picture of the back of the console, where the 4 clips are. Pull close to that and you should be fine.
Yes i saw that as well, the headliner looking like it was coming with it thats when i gave up. I do want to change my yellow looking maps lights and i thank you for taking the time to post your success and for being the first brave soul to cut/solder the fix. I did see a used upper console like ours on ebay a while back for $70 i should have gotten it
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 08-23-2013, 11:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 60
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 513
schandna01 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by peejym View Post

Yes i saw that as well, the headliner looking like it was coming with it thats when i gave up. I do want to change my yellow looking maps lights and i thank you for taking the time to post your success and for being the first brave soul to cut/solder the fix. I did see a used upper console like ours on ebay a while back for $70 i should have gotten it
Haha, that is so funny that you say that because I'm the one who bought it! Ya, seriously, I bought the one on eBay to use as my project, so if I screwed it up, I'd have the original. That's such a coincidence! The good news is I didn't need a spare because even after dropping the board, soldering it twice, cutting wires, ect, it worked flawlessly. It dims like normal, matches the other lights perfectly, and gives me a fun sense of accomplishment!

I'd be willing to sell the console. Not trying to make a profit, just don't need it anymore. 50 + shipping. The console itself has scratches, because i tried to use a flathead screwdriver to take the plastic coverings off, just to see how you could. The board itself is flawless, its the original from my jeep that i switched out. PM me if you are interested. If not, I promise you won't offend me. I'll still be happy to share more about how I did mine for anyone who has questions. Couple of quick tips - by extra LEDs. The ones I posted (which are the ones you need) are only $.65 each. Also, have electrical tape around. You will need it towards the end
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 08-24-2013, 10:21 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 315
Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 832
peejym has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by schandna01 View Post

Haha, that is so funny that you say that because I'm the one who bought it! Ya, seriously, I bought the one on eBay to use as my project, so if I screwed it up, I'd have the original. That's such a coincidence! The good news is I didn't need a spare because even after dropping the board, soldering it twice, cutting wires, ect, it worked flawlessly. It dims like normal, matches the other lights perfectly, and gives me a fun sense of accomplishment!

I'd be willing to sell the console. Not trying to make a profit, just don't need it anymore. 50 + shipping. The console itself has scratches, because i tried to use a flathead screwdriver to take the plastic coverings off, just to see how you could. The board itself is flawless, its the original from my jeep that i switched out. PM me if you are interested. If not, I promise you won't offend me. I'll still be happy to share more about how I did mine for anyone who has questions. Couple of quick tips - by extra LEDs. The ones I posted (which are the ones you need) are only $.65 each. Also, have electrical tape around. You will need it towards the end
Lol, that is funny. I always wondered if it had been sold, you and I had the same idea. I am good with the spare board, I am confident that after your post I will be able to change the lights on my own board. Thanks again for posting I will pm you if a run into any issues if that's ok?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 08-24-2013, 02:36 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 60
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 513
schandna01 is on a distinguished road
Definitely, I'd love to help if I can. Take pictures during it, I wish I thought of that while I was doing it
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 08-24-2013, 10:39 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 35
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 423
TurboJB is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 replacing bulbs with LED's interior , replace headlamp/fog

Quote:
Originally Posted by siegs7 View Post
Does anybody know if a break light can be added (easily) to this area? I can see through the red reflector that there looks to be a place for a bulb. I wasn't sure if the wiring was already in place. Also, I'm not sure if this can be a place to add an additional break light signal.

Any thoughts or ideas?
I bet this area is used for rear fog lights in Europe.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 08-31-2013, 02:38 PM
losbot's Avatar
Ruler of nothing, except my truck.
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 106
Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 464
losbot is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 replacing bulbs with LED's interior , replace headlamp/fog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stTruk View Post
I can confirm it's h11 on the 2014. I ordered some h16's and took the bulb out to be surprised.
I'm new to the board and Jeep in general. While looking for info on how to access some of the bulbs, I found it funny that it seemed nobody bothered to read the manual on what bulbs the '14 GC takes for fogs. Says H11 in the bulb section.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 08-31-2013, 09:05 PM
bill_de's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 6,005
Thanks: 307
Thanked 317 Times in 279 Posts
Rep Power: 1801461
bill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 replacing bulbs with LED's interior , replace headlamp/fog

Quote:
Originally Posted by losbot View Post
I'm new to the board and Jeep in general. While looking for info on how to access some of the bulbs, I found it funny that it seemed nobody bothered to read the manual on what bulbs the '14 GC takes for fogs. Says H11 in the bulb section.
Why read the manual when you can look on the internet and hope the information you find is correct?

Welcome to Jeep Garage!


---
__________________
If you need a shoulder to cry on ...

... pull over to the side of the road!

Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 09-03-2013, 11:59 AM
XenonDepot's Avatar
Premium Vendor
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,818
Thanks: 3
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 296038
XenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 replacing bulbs with LED's interior , replace headlamp/fog

lol, welcome!
__________________
Jeep Parts & Accessories - HID KITS - AUTOMOTIVE LED BULBS - FLOOR MATS & LINERS - CAR COVERS - SEAT COVERS



Jeep Garage SUPER SALE is on now!! - SAVE $$$

AUTHORIZED JEEP GARAGE VENDOR - SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 09-17-2013, 08:20 PM
JC_0105's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 296
Thanks: 106
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 5680
JC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
How do you replace the vanity light? I haven't found how to take the cover off to put the LED bulbs in it.
__________________
Past: '02 Laredo Sport v6 4x2 Graphite Metallic
Past: '05 Limited 5.7L 4x4 Black ~ Billstein Shocks ~ 32% tint
Current: '14 Summit HEMI 4x4 Black & Black
Job: IT Management

Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 09-18-2013, 05:48 AM
XenonDepot's Avatar
Premium Vendor
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,818
Thanks: 3
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 296038
XenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 replacing bulbs with LED's interior , replace headlamp/fog

Is it one bulb, or two?

Steve
__________________
Jeep Parts & Accessories - HID KITS - AUTOMOTIVE LED BULBS - FLOOR MATS & LINERS - CAR COVERS - SEAT COVERS



Jeep Garage SUPER SALE is on now!! - SAVE $$$

AUTHORIZED JEEP GARAGE VENDOR - SHOP WITH CONFIDENCE
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 09-18-2013, 07:37 AM
JC_0105's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 296
Thanks: 106
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 5680
JC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond reputeJC_0105 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonDepot View Post
Is it one bulb, or two?

Steve
Looks like 2...one on each side of the mirror.
__________________

__________________
Past: '02 Laredo Sport v6 4x2 Graphite Metallic
Past: '05 Limited 5.7L 4x4 Black ~ Billstein Shocks ~ 32% tint
Current: '14 Summit HEMI 4x4 Black & Black
Job: IT Management

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replacing fog lamp bulbs (help) gtj105 Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 10 03-11-2014 08:21 AM
HOW TO: Replace your rear plate brow bulbs with LED's! Scottina06 Tech Tips/DIY/How To 1 09-28-2012 08:49 AM
NEW! Flashtech LED Interior Bulbs! steve@flashtech Visual Modifications 20 12-10-2011 11:13 AM
LED BULBS for fog, headlights etc. CPT2010 Visual Modifications 4 05-15-2011 10:10 PM
Replacing #194 Door Courtesy Bulbs with LED's Amelie Interior/Exterior/Visual 2 04-06-2011 05:57 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community