2014 replacing bulbs with LED's interior , replace headlamp/fog - Page 38 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Interior/Exterior/Visual

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #445  
Old 02-03-2016, 12:05 AM
08Hemi's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 4,947
Thanks: 140
Thanked 163 Times in 139 Posts
Rep Power: 368859
08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2014 replacing bulbs with LED's interior , replace headlamp/fog

Couple more of these INSANE reverse lights...they almost look like HID's!!!

There is absolutely NO light going up my driveway, and we had cloud cover in these pics (no moon light). That is over 100 feet of visibility from the reverse lights alone! And I love the light disbursement of the outer 7440's paired with the more center-focused light Phillips 921's for the inners. I needed this in my area and highly recommend these for rural residents or those that don't have much light around their place at night.

We had rain and a lot of wind...these bulbs may have already paid for themselves. I was backing down my street (1-way, Austin Powers turn around required, so I back up my driveway and down my street). As I was backing out Saturday night, I noticed something tan and about 12" box-sized...sure enough it was a brick that slid down from the hill. Would have run right over it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160201_192627.jpg (337.5 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 20160201_192634.jpg (305.0 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 20160201_192647.jpg (374.1 KB, 52 views)

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 08Hemi For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #446  
Old 02-03-2016, 09:29 AM
XenonDepot's Avatar
Premium Vendor
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,557
Thanks: 69
Thanked 70 Times in 66 Posts
Rep Power: 1854985
XenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond reputeXenonDepot has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 replacing bulbs with LED's interior , replace headlamp/fog

Thanks @08Hemi!

Steve
__________________
Use our Shop by Vehicle tool to find the right lighting for your Jeep, and the most up-to-date Jeep lamp replacement guide!

1-877-522-2701 | info@xenondepot.com

Reply With Quote
  #447  
Old 02-05-2016, 01:37 PM
08Hemi's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 4,947
Thanks: 140
Thanked 163 Times in 139 Posts
Rep Power: 368859
08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2014 replacing bulbs with LED's interior , replace headlamp/fog

Just did my buddies 14' as well...comparison shot of the reverse and his interior! Thanks again Danny/Steve/XD!!

The Putco Plasma 7440's paired with the Phillips 921's =
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ken LED interior 1.jpg (376.0 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg LED Reverse comp center.jpg (248.3 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg LED Reverse comp left.jpg (261.9 KB, 56 views)
Reply With Quote
  #448  
Old 02-05-2016, 02:50 PM
Da Jeeper's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 625
Thanks: 87
Thanked 71 Times in 56 Posts
Rep Power: 2368
Da Jeeper is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 replacing bulbs with LED's interior , replace headlamp/fog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Hemi View Post
Couple more of these INSANE reverse lights...they almost look like HID's!!!

There is absolutely NO light going up my driveway, and we had cloud cover in these pics (no moon light). That is over 100 feet of visibility from the reverse lights alone! And I love the light disbursement of the outer 7440's paired with the more center-focused light Phillips 921's for the inners. I needed this in my area and highly recommend these for rural residents or those that don't have much light around their place at night.

We had rain and a lot of wind...these bulbs may have already paid for themselves. I was backing down my street (1-way, Austin Powers turn around required, so I back up my driveway and down my street). As I was backing out Saturday night, I noticed something tan and about 12" box-sized...sure enough it was a brick that slid down from the hill. Would have run right over it.
Guess I'm confused on Xenon depots site for reverse lights... they show the 921's but not the 7440s ...are those just for SRT's or do the WK2s use them as well... i have a 15 and do need more reverse lighting!
Also do these throw any codes or is the bulb plug and play... thanks
Reply With Quote
  #449  
Old 02-05-2016, 06:52 PM
08Hemi's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 4,947
Thanks: 140
Thanked 163 Times in 139 Posts
Rep Power: 368859
08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2014 replacing bulbs with LED's interior , replace headlamp/fog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Jeeper View Post
Guess I'm confused on Xenon depots site for reverse lights... they show the 921's but not the 7440s ...are those just for SRT's or do the WK2s use them as well... i have a 15 and do need more reverse lighting!
Also do these throw any codes or is the bulb plug and play... thanks
I just placed another order with Danny and was noticing the same thing on the 921's; take out your vehicle then click on the 921 replacements (for some reason it does not show for the 14' SRT). The 921's are for the inner-cargo reverse, 7440's for the outer. I just did my buddies 14' Limited and while the light housings are different, bulbs are the same/fitment.

ALL are plug/play and have had them in now for 2 weeks with no codes. All you have to do is put them in. No flicker, no random light on...everything functions just as OEM (like it SHOULD come from Detroit IMO)

I have another buddies 14' (Overland) to do and I honestly could now change out the 16 bulbs in under an hour. First time was about 2 as I was doing it on my car and wanted to be careful.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 08Hemi For This Useful Post:
  #450  
Old 02-09-2016, 02:39 PM
JMessick82's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: So Cal (OC & SD)
Posts: 191
Thanks: 32
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Rep Power: 14231
JMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond reputeJMessick82 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2014 replacing bulbs with LED's interior , replace headlamp/fog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Hemi View Post
I just placed another order with Danny and was noticing the same thing on the 921's; take out your vehicle then click on the 921 replacements (for some reason it does not show for the 14' SRT). The 921's are for the inner-cargo reverse, 7440's for the outer. I just did my buddies 14' Limited and while the light housings are different, bulbs are the same/fitment.

ALL are plug/play and have had them in now for 2 weeks with no codes. All you have to do is put them in. No flicker, no random light on...everything functions just as OEM (like it SHOULD come from Detroit IMO)

I have another buddies 14' (Overland) to do and I honestly could now change out the 16 bulbs in under an hour. First time was about 2 as I was doing it on my car and wanted to be careful.
Do I get them with the CANBUS or without? I have a 15 Summit.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #451  
Old 02-10-2016, 09:37 PM
Altitudeftw's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 192
Thanks: 44
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 232820
Altitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 replacing bulbs with LED's interior , replace headlamp/fog

Link to the 7440 bulbs??


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #452  
Old 02-14-2016, 03:19 PM
seniormon2's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 205
Thanks: 43
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 884
seniormon2 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 replacing bulbs with LED's interior , replace headlamp/fog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMessick82 View Post
Do I get them with the CANBUS or without? I have a 15 Summit.

Without. XD told me to order them with. Do not do this. CANBUS is NOT required for the reverse lights. XD also does not have both reverse lights listed under their buyer guide.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #453  
Old 02-14-2016, 03:23 PM
seniormon2's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 205
Thanks: 43
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 884
seniormon2 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 replacing bulbs with LED's interior , replace headlamp/fog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Jeeper View Post
Guess I'm confused on Xenon depots site for reverse lights... they show the 921's but not the 7440s ...are those just for SRT's or do the WK2s use them as well... i have a 15 and do need more reverse lighting!
Also do these throw any codes or is the bulb plug and play... thanks

No CANBUS required for either bulb. They are plug and play. Get a set of 7440s and a set of 921s for your WK2. Their guide is not accurate. If you chat them, they will tell you to order CANBUS. This is not necessary. Do not waste your money.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #454  
Old 02-14-2016, 03:25 PM
seniormon2's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 205
Thanks: 43
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 884
seniormon2 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 replacing bulbs with LED's interior , replace headlamp/fog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitudeftw View Post
Link to the 7440 bulbs??


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009FT...0+putco+plasma


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #455  
Old 02-14-2016, 08:56 PM
08Hemi's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 4,947
Thanks: 140
Thanked 163 Times in 139 Posts
Rep Power: 368859
08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute08Hemi has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2014 replacing bulbs with LED's interior , replace headlamp/fog

Quote:
Originally Posted by seniormon2 View Post
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009FT...0+putco+plasma


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Might I suggest XenonDepot (vendor on JG)...members get a 10% discount and great customer service. I have been getting my LED's/bulbs from them for over 7 years!
Reply With Quote
  #456  
Old 02-14-2016, 09:59 PM
seniormon2's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 205
Thanks: 43
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 884
seniormon2 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 replacing bulbs with LED's interior , replace headlamp/fog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Hemi View Post
Might I suggest XenonDepot (vendor on JG)...members get a 10% discount and great customer service. I have been getting my LED's/bulbs from them for over 7 years!

I have ordered from XD three times or so. Please tell us more about this JG exclusive discount.

My orders with XD have not been perfect. That said, I would order from them again. But they are not the only sellers of light bulbs. The link I supplied was for an Amazon prime item. If you have Amazon prime, you'll get your bulbs in two days. If you order from XD, your order will ship from Canada and it takes a bit longer. If you need your bulbs fast, this might be a consideration for you.

The price is the same, but XD cones out cheaper after the discount which is advertised on their homepage. I don't know if XD has free shipping however, so it might be a wash. I'd imagine their service after the purchase is better though.

There are several good places to buy from. XD is one option. Amazon is another.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replacing fog lamp bulbs (help) gtj105 Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 10 03-11-2014 09:21 AM
HOW TO: Replace your rear plate brow bulbs with LED's! Scottina06 Tech Tips/DIY/How To 1 09-28-2012 09:49 AM
NEW! Flashtech LED Interior Bulbs! steve@flashtech Visual Modifications 20 12-10-2011 11:13 AM
LED BULBS for fog, headlights etc. CPT2010 Visual Modifications 4 05-15-2011 11:10 PM
Replacing #194 Door Courtesy Bulbs with LED's Amelie Interior/Exterior/Visual 2 04-06-2011 06:57 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.