2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland LED conversion kit installed in Fog Lights - Page 10 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Interior/Exterior/Visual

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #109  
Old 12-02-2015, 11:32 AM
simonvez's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 248
Thanks: 59
Thanked 55 Times in 38 Posts
Rep Power: 1322
simonvez has a reputation beyond reputesimonvez has a reputation beyond reputesimonvez has a reputation beyond reputesimonvez has a reputation beyond reputesimonvez has a reputation beyond reputesimonvez has a reputation beyond reputesimonvez has a reputation beyond reputesimonvez has a reputation beyond reputesimonvez has a reputation beyond reputesimonvez has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland LED conversion kit installed in Fog Lights

it is a 3 wire fog. You have to 2 wires that goes to the stock fog connector.. and one wire that you hookup to a ignition wire.

so when you turn on ignition, the DRL is on. When the fog light is turned on, the DRL goes off, and the full fog comes into play. Its kinda automatic

__________________

-Atltiude front grille + rear brow + side badge // Custom retrofit lights // Front Leveling //- 0.75" rear spacers lift // 1.5" wheel spacers // 275-55-20 KO2 // Plasti dip wheels, window moldings, mirrors // Front Chrome bumper guard
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #110  
Old 12-02-2015, 11:44 AM
moparBG's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 165
Thanks: 17
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 2321
moparBG is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland LED conversion kit installed in Fog Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonvez View Post
it is a 3 wire fog. You have to 2 wires that goes to the stock fog connector.. and one wire that you hookup to a ignition wire.

so when you turn on ignition, the DRL is on. When the fog light is turned on, the DRL goes off, and the full fog comes into play. Its kinda automatic

That's slick. thanks
__________________
2014 Wrangler Rubicon Hard rock- too many mods to list
2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 12-02-2015, 12:04 PM
subbie09's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 816
Thanks: 0
Thanked 34 Times in 31 Posts
Rep Power: 4541
subbie09 has a reputation beyond reputesubbie09 has a reputation beyond reputesubbie09 has a reputation beyond reputesubbie09 has a reputation beyond reputesubbie09 has a reputation beyond reputesubbie09 has a reputation beyond reputesubbie09 has a reputation beyond reputesubbie09 has a reputation beyond reputesubbie09 has a reputation beyond reputesubbie09 has a reputation beyond reputesubbie09 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland LED conversion kit installed in Fog Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparBG View Post
That's slick. thanks

Yes. JW speakers makes that. They ONLY fit the 11-13 fogs, not the 14+ projector fogs.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 12-03-2015, 11:19 PM
ajag's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 648
Thanks: 21
Thanked 123 Times in 96 Posts
Rep Power: 1789
ajag is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland LED conversion kit installed in Fog Lights

I'm super happy with the opt7 LEDs on my grand Cherokee fogs so I just bought a second set for my 2015 Durango citadel

These are the best fogs i have found so far..thanks for the recommendations guys!
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 12-04-2015, 07:40 AM
moparBG's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 165
Thanks: 17
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 2321
moparBG is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland LED conversion kit installed in Fog Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajag View Post
I've tried about 5 different bulb setups in my 2014 Fog light housings ...so far these OPT7 LED's are by FAR the best overall.


They put out Noticeably more light and whiter light than the competitive H11 replacement bulbs.

after changing the bulbs 3 times I settled on the Philips H11 Diamond Vision 5000K bulbs(4th Set of Bulbs) and they look fantastic as they are a close match to the Factory HID's color.

I use the Phillips H11's in my 2015 Durango as well. I just swapped the Phillips H11's in my jeep out for the OPT7 and there's NO comparison in output...If you just want a whiter/bluer look than the stock h11 bulbs then the Phillips (or any other 5000K) H11 bulbs are fine...but if you want more light output than the regular H11 bulbs then these OPT7's seem to be the best I've come across so far ...Just my $.02

Just as an FYI...after installing the OPT7 Led's they are noticeably whiter than the Stock HID's so I ordered a set of the Osram CBI D3 Bulbs from Xenon Depot to replace my stock 4300K HID's

These were just delivered today so I will try changing them out this week


This is very helpful-

So question to the group: I am interested primarily with matching my fogs to the OEM HID headlights. My concern is primarily aesthetic over functional as the headlights work really well. That said, if going for OPT7 LEDs in the factory FOG housing (2015 High Altitude) would a 5k give me the closest match to the OEM headlights? It sounds like Opt7 7k are brighter or bluer than the OEM. Not sure if Opt7 makes a 5k, may have to go with the Phillips for this. Any feedback on getting the closest matching to the OEM HIDs in a LED bulb would be great!
__________________
2014 Wrangler Rubicon Hard rock- too many mods to list
2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 12-04-2015, 07:47 AM
moparBG's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 165
Thanks: 17
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 2321
moparBG is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland LED conversion kit installed in Fog Lights

Scott,

Sounds like you installed these. Quick question, I assume they came with the LED bulbs too and were not just the housing? Also, are you able to take the FOG itself off of the SRT bracket (if I need to). I am considering adding these to the 2015 High altitude over just swapping the bulbs in the stock FOGs. The High altitude is same as summit fascia, so I am thinking these would either plug and play or I would have to separate the housing from the bracket to re-use whatever bracket is in the High Altitude. Any thoughts on this? Always appreciate your help
__________________
2014 Wrangler Rubicon Hard rock- too many mods to list
2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to moparBG For This Useful Post:
  #115  
Old 12-04-2015, 10:05 AM
silvermax04's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,343
Thanks: 253
Thanked 554 Times in 428 Posts
Rep Power: 30271
silvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland LED conversion kit installed in Fog Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparBG View Post
This is very helpful-

So question to the group: I am interested primarily with matching my fogs to the OEM HID headlights. My concern is primarily aesthetic over functional as the headlights work really well. That said, if going for OPT7 LEDs in the factory FOG housing (2015 High Altitude) would a 5k give me the closest match to the OEM headlights? It sounds like Opt7 7k are brighter or bluer than the OEM. Not sure if Opt7 makes a 5k, may have to go with the Phillips for this. Any feedback on getting the closest matching to the OEM HIDs in a LED bulb would be great!
Currently there is not a good LED solution out there to match the fogs to the stock HIDs which are 4300k. I have been looking to do the same as you and have tried several different LEDs without success. The OPT7 LED and the phillips are 6000k so they will be a little bluer than your 4300k HID. Really the current best way to match your 4300k HID headlights is to put a 4300k HID kit in the fog light. The install on that is more involved than just swaping a bulb though. you could also go with the 6000k OPT7 LED or the phillips and then also move your headlight HIDs to 5000 or 6000k which would bring them closer. For just a simple bulb swap for matching the 4300k HID headlight, yeah I'm still keeping an eye out for that also. I am going to look into the above mentioned fitment of the factory SRT LED fogs onto summit. the led fog assembly has got an H11 socket on it but still looking to verify the bolton SRT fog assembly will be a simple bot up to summit.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 12-04-2015, 10:21 AM
moparBG's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 165
Thanks: 17
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 2321
moparBG is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland LED conversion kit installed in Fog Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermax04 View Post
Currently there is not a good LED solution out there to match the fogs to the stock HIDs which are 4300k. I have been looking to do the same as you and have tried several different LEDs without success. The OPT7 LED and the phillips are 6000k so they will be a little bluer than your 4300k HID. Really the current best way to match your 4300k HID headlights is to put a 4300k HID kit in the fog light. The install on that is more involved than just swaping a bulb though. you could also go with the 6000k OPT7 LED or the phillips and then also move your headlight HIDs to 5000 or 6000k which would bring them closer. For just a simple bulb swap for matching the 4300k HID headlight, yeah I'm still keeping an eye out for that also. I am going to look into the above mentioned fitment of the factory SRT LED fogs onto summit. the led fog assembly has got an H11 socket on it but still looking to verify the bolton SRT fog assembly will be a simple bot up to summit.

Spot on with my assessment. Thanks for the helpful info. Curious if there is a part number for the OEM 2015 SRT/Summit LED bulb alone. Then we could swap that into the OEM housing and would be a simple bulb swap with the same outcome as the OEM SRT/Summit (assuming those light color match- otherwise, still in the same spot). I would think its a common replacement part, no?
__________________
2014 Wrangler Rubicon Hard rock- too many mods to list
2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 12-04-2015, 10:33 AM
moparBG's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 165
Thanks: 17
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 2321
moparBG is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland LED conversion kit installed in Fog Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparBG View Post
Spot on with my assessment. Thanks for the helpful info. Curious if there is a part number for the OEM 2015 SRT/Summit LED bulb alone. Then we could swap that into the OEM housing and would be a simple bulb swap with the same outcome as the OEM SRT/Summit (assuming those light color match- otherwise, still in the same spot). I would think its a common replacement part, no?

Here is what I found for the 2015 SRT Fog bulb alone. $25. Thoughts on this route anyone?

FOG LAMPS. Light. Fits: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 6.4L V8 Automatic | Mopar Specialists


EDIT: I don think these are right. Seems its the same past # as Wrangler, etc which are not LED. Part #: L000PSX24W
__________________
2014 Wrangler Rubicon Hard rock- too many mods to list
2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 12-04-2015, 10:50 AM
ajag's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 648
Thanks: 21
Thanked 123 Times in 96 Posts
Rep Power: 1789
ajag is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland LED conversion kit installed in Fog Lights

hey guys....if you're just looking for something that is a close match to the stock HID color...then go for the phillips h11 diamond visions...they are a halogen bulb but the color is a very close match to the factory HID's

I actually have a couple sets I'm not using so if you want a set let me know and i'll let you try them

here's a couple pics I took last night...the 2 vehicles are my 2014 Grand Cherokee which I upgraded the fogs to the OPT7's and then swapped out my headlight HID bulbs to the OSRAM D3 CBI bulbs-5000K ...which seem to be a good match for the osram 6000k's

and the other is my 2015 Durango Citadel with the HID factory lights(4300K) and the philips Diamond Vision halogen 5000K bulbs....as you'll see they are a pretty good color match
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lights (4).jpg (311.5 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg Lights (5).jpg (283.1 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg Lights (2).jpg (286.3 KB, 52 views)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ajag For This Useful Post:
  #119  
Old 12-04-2015, 11:02 AM
moparBG's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 165
Thanks: 17
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 2321
moparBG is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland LED conversion kit installed in Fog Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajag View Post
hey guys....if you're just looking for something that is a close match to the stock HID color...then go for the phillips h11 diamond visions...they are a halogen bulb but the color is a very close match to the factory HID's

I actually have a couple sets I'm not using so if you want a set let me know and i'll let you try them

here's a couple pics I took last night...the 2 vehicles are my 2014 Grand Cherokee which I upgraded the fogs to the OPT7's and then swapped out my headlight HID bulbs to the OSRAM D3 CBI bulbs-5000K ...which seem to be a good match for the osram 6000k's

and the other is my 2015 Durango Citadel with the HID factory lights(4300K) and the philips Diamond Vision halogen 5000K bulbs....as you'll see they are a pretty good color match

Thank you. Extremely helpful. Now it makes me want to swap bulbs in both headlights and fogs after seeing your GC set-up compared to the stock HIDs in the Dodge.
__________________
2014 Wrangler Rubicon Hard rock- too many mods to list
2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 12-04-2015, 11:08 AM
silvermax04's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,343
Thanks: 253
Thanked 554 Times in 428 Posts
Rep Power: 30271
silvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond reputesilvermax04 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland LED conversion kit installed in Fog Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparBG View Post
Here is what I found for the 2015 SRT Fog bulb alone. $25. Thoughts on this route anyone?

FOG LAMPS. Light. Fits: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 6.4L V8 Automatic | Mopar Specialists


EDIT: I don think these are right. Seems its the same past # as Wrangler, etc which are not LED. Part #: L000PSX24W

yeah I really question if there is even a removable LED bulb in that assembly, I'm thinking it may just be one integrated assembly. this is the part number on it, they are a little pricey. 68228884AA. The SRT changed to LED mid model year so there are probably LED and halogen parts list floating around out there for it. be curious to see what the my16 and my17 summits role off the line with
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to silvermax04 For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
2015, grand cherokee, jeep, overland

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 Grand cherokee altitude HID/LED conversion General purpose vehicle Visual Modifications 28 09-30-2016 12:05 AM
2015 Grand Cherokee led fog basti Visual Modifications 3 07-22-2015 05:34 PM
Led rev lights 2015 grand Cherokee frank08527 Interior/Exterior/Visual 0 04-30-2015 08:59 AM
Will 2007 jeep grand cherokee wk fog lights fit 2004 jeep grand cherokee wj Zacedward Grand Cherokee - WJ 0 09-16-2014 07:28 PM
2011 2012 grand cherokee rear fog lights kit mopar oem jeep4ss Interior/Exterior/Visual 19 09-28-2012 01:39 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.