2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland LED conversion kit installed in Fog Lights - Page 15 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Interior/Exterior/Visual

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #169  
Old 12-20-2015, 07:55 PM
moparBG's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 165
Thanks: 17
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 2367
moparBG is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland LED conversion kit installed in Fog Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randre19 View Post
Are these the osram bulbs you purchased for the headlights?

http://www.amazon.com/OSRAM-D2S-CBI-...productDetails
No, those are the wrong size. Hang on, send now

__________________
2014 Wrangler Rubicon Hard rock- too many mods to list
2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #170  
Old 12-20-2015, 08:12 PM
moparBG's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 165
Thanks: 17
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 2367
moparBG is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland LED conversion kit installed in Fog Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparBG View Post
No, those are the wrong size. Hang on, send now

You need the D3S size. Link here for all in this size from Xenon Depot: D3S HID Bulb | D3S headlight bulb

Here are the specific ones I bought: D3S - Philips 6000K Ultinon 42403WX Bulb

I shopped around and Xenon Depot, with the 20% off was the best price I could find. They shipped as quick as Amazon prime, and also free.

Here are the Opt7 ones: OPT7 Fluxbeam LED Headlight - Opt-7

I got them directly from them too rather than via Amazon because they had a discount through their site (Someone posted that code here somewhere). They also shipped free. A little slower- ordered last Saturday, received this Saturday (Amazon has ruined us all- a week wait for free shipping is now "a little slower"). You need the H11 size.

Get some surgical type latex gloves for dealing with the Headlight bulbs. You don't want to touch the bulb themselves.

You might want to pick up some of these too: Plastic Rivet (Box of 25) - Item # 6500911, 14063981, N803043-S #13750

You will cut four of them (two each side) getting to the fogs. These are not reusable- many people sell them, so you can shop around. There are generic versions too rather than Mopar. Get the tool too to make it easy (I think you can do the rivets without the tool, somehow, but I bought one years ago and have used it numerous times on various Mopars): Plastic Rivet Gun #97757RG

That should be all you need. Good luck.
__________________
2014 Wrangler Rubicon Hard rock- too many mods to list
2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 12-20-2015, 08:57 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 64
Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 520
Randre19 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland LED conversion kit installed in Fog Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparBG View Post
You need the D3S size. Link here for all in this size from Xenon Depot: D3S HID Bulb | D3S headlight bulb

Here are the specific ones I bought: D3S - Philips 6000K Ultinon 42403WX Bulb

I shopped around and Xenon Depot, with the 20% off was the best price I could find. They shipped as quick as Amazon prime, and also free.

Here are the Opt7 ones: OPT7 Fluxbeam LED Headlight - Opt-7

I got them directly from them too rather than via Amazon because they had a discount through their site (Someone posted that code here somewhere). They also shipped free. A little slower- ordered last Saturday, received this Saturday (Amazon has ruined us all- a week wait for free shipping is now "a little slower"). You need the H11 size.

Get some surgical type latex gloves for dealing with the Headlight bulbs. You don't want to touch the bulb themselves.

You might want to pick up some of these too: Plastic Rivet (Box of 25) - Item # 6500911, 14063981, N803043-S #13750

You will cut four of them (two each side) getting to the fogs. These are not reusable- many people sell them, so you can shop around. There are generic versions too rather than Mopar. Get the tool too to make it easy (I think you can do the rivets without the tool, somehow, but I bought one years ago and have used it numerous times on various Mopars): Plastic Rivet Gun #97757RG

That should be all you need. Good luck.
Thanks!! This is perfect!
__________________
2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude | 5.7L Hemi | Granite Crystal
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 12-20-2015, 09:04 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 64
Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 520
Randre19 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland LED conversion kit installed in Fog Lights

I'm sorry for asking so many questions, but besides the color, is the 5000k bulb the same thing as the 6000k bulb?

Will both of these fit?
http://www.xenondepot.com/d3s-philip.../pb-d3s-5k.htm
http://www.xenondepot.com/D3S-Philip.../pb-d3s-6k.htm
__________________
2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude | 5.7L Hemi | Granite Crystal
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 12-20-2015, 09:10 PM
ajag's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 669
Thanks: 21
Thanked 132 Times in 102 Posts
Rep Power: 1856
ajag is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland LED conversion kit installed in Fog Lights

I used the Osram cbi 5000k bulbs on headlight with the opt7's and I'm happy

I switched my fogs on my 2015 Durango to opt 7's and I'm prob going to try those Ultinon 6000ks on headlights


I have pulled off the nose on my gc like 10 times and am in my 5th set of fog bulbs ..I haven't had to change any of the rivets but it never hurts to have them if needed

I bought a ton off eBay just in case ..they're cheap enough
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 12-20-2015, 09:27 PM
moparBG's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 165
Thanks: 17
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 2367
moparBG is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland LED conversion kit installed in Fog Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randre19 View Post
I'm sorry for asking so many questions, but besides the color, is the 5000k bulb the same thing as the 6000k bulb?

Will both of these fit?
http://www.xenondepot.com/d3s-philip.../pb-d3s-5k.htm
http://www.xenondepot.com/D3S-Philip.../pb-d3s-6k.htm
Yes, as long as they are the D3S. That's the size. Those both will work.
__________________
2014 Wrangler Rubicon Hard rock- too many mods to list
2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 12-20-2015, 09:30 PM
moparBG's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 165
Thanks: 17
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 2367
moparBG is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland LED conversion kit installed in Fog Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajag View Post
I used the Osram cbi 5000k bulbs on headlight with the opt7's and I'm happy

I switched my fogs on my 2015 Durango to opt 7's and I'm prob going to try those Ultinon 6000ks on headlights


I have pulled off the nose on my gc like 10 times and am in my 5th set of fog bulbs ..I haven't had to change any of the rivets but it never hurts to have them if needed

I bought a ton off eBay just in case ..they're cheap enough
I didn't remove the bumper cover. I went in from behind at the wheel well. Very quick and easy this way. Have the factory bulbs out in under 5 min. The plastic rivets hold in the wheel well liner. You pull that back to access the fogs.

Sounds like there are a few ways to skin this cat.
__________________
2014 Wrangler Rubicon Hard rock- too many mods to list
2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 12-21-2015, 02:06 PM
ajag's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 669
Thanks: 21
Thanked 132 Times in 102 Posts
Rep Power: 1856
ajag is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland LED conversion kit installed in Fog Lights

if someone wants another comparison...here you go ..these are the OPT7's on my 2015 Durango with the stock HID's(4300K) on headlights...

then my 2014 GC with the OPT7's and Osram CBI 5000K's

You can see how bright these OPT7' fogs are

the pic with the Durango and GC show the durango with the H11 Philips diamond vision halogens..5000K

as you can see the opt 7's are MUCH brighter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg durango light (1).jpg (233.3 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg durango light (2).jpg (227.3 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg durango lights.jpg (357.1 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg Lights (4).jpg (311.5 KB, 55 views)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ajag For This Useful Post:
  #177  
Old 12-21-2015, 02:59 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 64
Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 520
Randre19 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland LED conversion kit installed in Fog Lights

Great comparison photos. You and moparBG have helped me out a ton with all the pics, product advice, and product selection. Thanks!
__________________
2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude | 5.7L Hemi | Granite Crystal
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Randre19 For This Useful Post:
  #178  
Old 12-21-2015, 03:06 PM
f1anatic's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,725
Thanks: 77
Thanked 208 Times in 150 Posts
Rep Power: 160018
f1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond reputef1anatic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland LED conversion kit installed in Fog Lights

Question for the group:

After my OPT-7 installation, I noticed last night that the pattern of my fog lamps is uneven. Essentially, it amounts to more visible light output on the ground by the driver side fog lamp. Its beam also appears to have a lowered cutoff on the side (i.e. when driving through a tunnel) than the passenger side fog. Is that something you have noticed or have I twisted the bulbs differently or has one of my LEDs burned out ?

I would not have noticed this but I have a front camera and I guess I paid attention to the light output through the front cam.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 12-21-2015, 03:19 PM
ajag's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 669
Thanks: 21
Thanked 132 Times in 102 Posts
Rep Power: 1856
ajag is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland LED conversion kit installed in Fog Lights

sounds like you moved the projector when you installed them...I had to readjust the projectors on my Durango when installing the opt 7's

with the factory bulbs being so weak you really don't notice where they're pointed...but with all the light you get from the OPT7's you really notice where they're pointing.

there's a couple little torx adjuster screws on the projectors...but you may be able to just yank them and move them ..I had to move the torx bolts on my Durango quite a bit to get them where I wanted them..they were pointed so far down from the factory that they only lit up the ground like 1 foot out .you couldn't even see any light from the drivers seat
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 12-22-2015, 07:04 AM
subbie09's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 817
Thanks: 0
Thanked 34 Times in 31 Posts
Rep Power: 4587
subbie09 has a reputation beyond reputesubbie09 has a reputation beyond reputesubbie09 has a reputation beyond reputesubbie09 has a reputation beyond reputesubbie09 has a reputation beyond reputesubbie09 has a reputation beyond reputesubbie09 has a reputation beyond reputesubbie09 has a reputation beyond reputesubbie09 has a reputation beyond reputesubbie09 has a reputation beyond reputesubbie09 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland LED conversion kit installed in Fog Lights

ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1450785850.222524.jpg

XenonDepot Xtreme 5000K HID and XenonDepot H11 LED fogs. So much light!


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2015, grand cherokee, jeep, overland

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 Grand cherokee altitude HID/LED conversion General purpose vehicle Visual Modifications 29 12-23-2016 05:10 PM
2015 Grand Cherokee led fog basti Visual Modifications 3 07-22-2015 05:34 PM
Led rev lights 2015 grand Cherokee frank08527 Interior/Exterior/Visual 0 04-30-2015 08:59 AM
Will 2007 jeep grand cherokee wk fog lights fit 2004 jeep grand cherokee wj Zacedward Grand Cherokee - WJ 0 09-16-2014 07:28 PM
2011 2012 grand cherokee rear fog lights kit mopar oem jeep4ss Interior/Exterior/Visual 19 09-28-2012 01:39 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.