2015 low beam LED Bulb - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Interior/Exterior/Visual/Lighting

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 01-18-2016, 10:53 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Posts: 786
Thanks: 2
Thanked 45 Times in 29 Posts
Rep Power: 2855
Dabitz has a reputation beyond reputeDabitz has a reputation beyond reputeDabitz has a reputation beyond reputeDabitz has a reputation beyond reputeDabitz has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
2015 low beam LED Bulb

My 2015 Altitude is extremely picky and will reject anything other than OEM bulbs, etc. I installed the Xenon Depot (with CAN Bus fix) but the truck will turn them off after the dealerhip replaced PCM module due to an unrelated issue. After failed Morimoto HID kit, OEM Conversion with custom harness freezing a flasher in the on position, and Xenon Depot kit fail, I was wondering if these LED bulbs would work on my low beams. I have the eagle eye headlights which look great btw.

H11 LED Headlight Kit | H11 LED Upgrade

I could not find anybody on the forum using this. The Philips X-treme work fine on the Fogs. These put 2500 lumens per bulb. I just don't want to flush more money down the drain for something that won't work. Any advice?

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 01-19-2016, 08:21 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 58
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 798
Matts15 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 low beam LED Bulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabitz View Post
My 2015 Altitude is extremely picky and will reject anything other than OEM bulbs, etc. I installed the Xenon Depot (with CAN Bus fix) but the truck will turn them off after the dealerhip replaced PCM module due to an unrelated issue. After failed Morimoto HID kit, OEM Conversion with custom harness freezing a flasher in the on position, and Xenon Depot kit fail, I was wondering if these LED bulbs would work on my low beams. I have the eagle eye headlights which look great btw.

H11 LED Headlight Kit | H11 LED Upgrade

I could not find anybody on the forum using this. The Philips X-treme work fine on the Fogs. These put 2500 lumens per bulb. I just don't want to flush more money down the drain for something that won't work. Any advice?
I think the general consensus is that these will be finicky on the 2015s for the same reason the hid will be. You could try running these led bulbs along with the diode dynamics mopar anti-flicker kit they use with their hid kit, but I can't guarantee it will work. I would either get the ddm kit for 2015 mopar or the diode dynamics kit.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-19-2016, 08:29 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Posts: 786
Thanks: 2
Thanked 45 Times in 29 Posts
Rep Power: 2855
Dabitz has a reputation beyond reputeDabitz has a reputation beyond reputeDabitz has a reputation beyond reputeDabitz has a reputation beyond reputeDabitz has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2015 low beam LED Bulb

Thank Matts, I ran into another thread discussing the DDM kit. I spoke with the guy at DDM that tested the kit on 2015 and up models and he swears by it and offered me a money back guarantee. So I ordered it, let's see what happens.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 01-19-2016, 08:31 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 58
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 798
Matts15 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 low beam LED Bulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabitz View Post
Thank Matts, I ran into another thread discussing the DDM kit. I spoke with the guy at DDM that tested the kit on 2015 and up models and he swears by it and offered me a money back guarantee. So I ordered it, let's see what happens.
Good choice--that kit should work well. Give us a review once you get it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-19-2016, 06:27 PM
FatPanda's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 73
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 1706
FatPanda is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 low beam LED Bulb

I had a whole thread on this issue with my 2015 Limited. The XenonDepot LED bulb will work perfectly in the headlight but you need the Canbus adapter as well as a relay harness. However, you need some extra parts from XenonDepot. The relay harnesses comes with 9006 connectors so you need 9006 drivers for the LED bulbs as well as switching one of the H11 connectors on the Canbus unit to 9006. Once everything is assembled they work fine as DRLs and headlights.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-19-2016, 06:40 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 58
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 798
Matts15 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 low beam LED Bulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPanda View Post
I had a whole thread on this issue with my 2015 Limited. The XenonDepot LED bulb will work perfectly in the headlight but you need the Canbus adapter as well as a relay harness. However, you need some extra parts from XenonDepot. The relay harnesses comes with 9006 connectors so you need 9006 drivers for the LED bulbs as well as switching one of the H11 connectors on the Canbus unit to 9006. Once everything is assembled they work fine as DRLs and headlights.
I still think this would have worked fine with the diode dynamics anti flicker module in place of the XD canbus adapter and harness. This would have made install easier.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-19-2016, 06:46 PM
FatPanda's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 73
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 1706
FatPanda is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 low beam LED Bulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts15 View Post
I still think this would have worked fine with the diode dynamics anti flicker module in place of the XD canbus adapter and harness. This would have made install easier.
Installation isnt much more difficult when using the relay, but the kit needs both the guarantee proper function. OP should have contacted XenonDepot for help, they sent me the additional hardware for free. Their customer service is excellent.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-19-2016, 06:54 PM
Altitudeftw's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 192
Thanks: 44
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 233027
Altitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2015 low beam LED Bulb

Link to ddm kit?


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-19-2016, 07:28 PM
Hitchhiking
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,264
Thanks: 9
Thanked 200 Times in 171 Posts
Rep Power: 0
skunkd is on a distinguished road
2015 low beam LED Bulb

Just go to ddmtuning and in the HID kits section pick the DDM Plus canbus kit, we use h11 bulbs for fogs and headlights

Here's the link

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDMPlusCanbus35W


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-20-2016, 06:34 PM
Altitudeftw's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 192
Thanks: 44
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 233027
Altitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond reputeAltitudeftw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2015 low beam LED Bulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabitz View Post
Thank Matts, I ran into another thread discussing the DDM kit. I spoke with the guy at DDM that tested the kit on 2015 and up models and he swears by it and offered me a money back guarantee. So I ordered it, let's see what happens.

Let us know how it goes! With pics👍🏼


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-21-2016, 09:58 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Posts: 786
Thanks: 2
Thanked 45 Times in 29 Posts
Rep Power: 2855
Dabitz has a reputation beyond reputeDabitz has a reputation beyond reputeDabitz has a reputation beyond reputeDabitz has a reputation beyond reputeDabitz has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2015 low beam LED Bulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitudeftw View Post
Let us know how it goes! With pics👍🏼


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Will do.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-21-2016, 12:42 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Scottsdale
Posts: 605
Thanks: 98
Thanked 256 Times in 137 Posts
Rep Power: 15872
wk2project has a reputation beyond reputewk2project has a reputation beyond reputewk2project has a reputation beyond reputewk2project has a reputation beyond reputewk2project has a reputation beyond reputewk2project has a reputation beyond reputewk2project has a reputation beyond reputewk2project has a reputation beyond reputewk2project has a reputation beyond reputewk2project has a reputation beyond reputewk2project has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2015 low beam LED Bulb

Glad I read this...was about to pull the trigger on some PIAA LEDs for my 15
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2015

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't get low beam bulb out bofa Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 2 01-30-2017 12:53 PM
2014 low beam headlight bulb changing Greg_63 Interior/Exterior/Visual/Lighting 7 08-17-2015 09:10 PM
XenonDepot H11 LED Kit Install Fog Low Beam Mez8 Interior/Exterior/Visual/Lighting 1 06-17-2015 10:56 PM
Matching low beam bulb to XD LED 5k fogs loue37 Interior/Exterior/Visual/Lighting 13 05-12-2015 12:52 PM
2008 cherokee Hid low beam bulb replacement appledock10 Tech Tips DIY/How To 0 01-12-2014 11:49 AM

» Premium Vendor Showcase
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.