4" Jeep Exhaust Tailpipe - Page 14 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Interior/Exterior/Visual

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #157  
Old 10-28-2015, 05:40 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 247
Thanks: 21
Thanked 40 Times in 30 Posts
Rep Power: 1172
definn12 has disabled reputation
I just got this email when i tried ordering from an online vendor.

"Hello,

The requested part number is not available for sale in the United States. It is what Mopar refers to as an Export Only Part which is sold in countries other than the United States. Unfortunately, no Chrysler Jeep or Dodge dealer in the U.S. will be able to order this part for you. We will be cancelling your order and refunding the payment."

So no one in the US is selling the black chrome exhaust tips? Anyone have a vendor that is selling these? I find it hard to believe that NO ONE is selling them....

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #158  
Old 10-28-2015, 06:35 PM
SilverBillet's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,955
Thanks: 2
Thanked 441 Times in 301 Posts
Rep Power: 32559
SilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond reputeSilverBillet has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 4" Jeep Exhaust Tailpipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by definn12 View Post
I just got this email when i tried ordering from an online vendor.

"Hello,

The requested part number is not available for sale in the United States. It is what Mopar refers to as an Export Only Part which is sold in countries other than the United States. Unfortunately, no Chrysler Jeep or Dodge dealer in the U.S. will be able to order this part for you. We will be cancelling your order and refunding the payment."

So no one in the US is selling the black chrome exhaust tips? Anyone have a vendor that is selling these? I find it hard to believe that NO ONE is selling them....

Buy aftermarket tips and have them welded on.
You can buy high quality tips and still end up paying less than the the overpriced Jeep part.
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 10-28-2015, 08:55 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 475
madrussian is on a distinguished road
Re: 4" Jeep Exhaust Tailpipe

At this point, I'd settle for either version chrome or black chrome.

I'm going to look into some bolt on tips when I go to Summit Racing next.
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 10-28-2015, 09:18 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Jeffrey Sierks is on a distinguished road
Re: 4" Jeep Exhaust Tailpipe

Thank and hello everyone
Reply With Quote
  #161  
Old 10-29-2015, 12:17 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 247
Thanks: 21
Thanked 40 Times in 30 Posts
Rep Power: 1172
definn12 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOFSTEEL View Post

Buy aftermarket tips and have them welded on.
You can buy high quality tips and still end up paying less than the the overpriced Jeep part.
How long are the exhaust tips that come from mopar?
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 11-02-2015, 02:17 PM
Johnnyww's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 740
Johnnyww is on a distinguished road
Re: 4" Jeep Exhaust Tailpipe

Does anybody know if this website is legit? It looks like they have the black tips in stock http://www.moparamerica.com/oe-mopar/82212759
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 11-02-2015, 02:21 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 247
Thanks: 21
Thanked 40 Times in 30 Posts
Rep Power: 1172
definn12 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyww View Post
Does anybody know if this website is legit? It looks like they have the black tips in stock http://www.moparamerica.com/oe-mopar/82212759
Website works but all of these people that say "available" are holding on to them and saying they can't sell them because Mopar has made ALL black tail pipes an "export" only item with zero explanation. They don't want to list the stock they have.
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 11-02-2015, 11:45 PM
Johnnyww's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 740
Johnnyww is on a distinguished road
Re: 4" Jeep Exhaust Tailpipe

Oh wow thanks for the info. I skimmed through this thread earlier but just read through all 14 pages of this emotional roller coaster Mopar has created for us! I was really hoping to find a black 4" tip for my Black Altitude.

Does anyone know of a decent aftermarket exhaust tip that does not need to be welded and looks similar (Preferably in black).

Also, this may be a silly question but does the mopar tip (or any of these aftermarket tips) change the sound of the exhaust at all or are these 100% cosmetic only. Thanks for the info everyone!
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 11-03-2015, 09:19 AM
gvass's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 96
Thanks: 61
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Rep Power: 641
gvass is on a distinguished road
Re: 4" Jeep Exhaust Tailpipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyww View Post
Also, this may be a silly question but does the mopar tip (or any of these aftermarket tips) change the sound of the exhaust at all or are these 100% cosmetic only. Thanks for the info everyone!
100% cosmetic
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 11-03-2015, 09:52 AM
midsouthduckhunter's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 209
Thanks: 23
Thanked 32 Times in 28 Posts
Rep Power: 749
midsouthduckhunter is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: 4" Jeep Exhaust Tailpipe

Folks, go to jonesexhaust.com and find a tip you like and find it online. They have some nice black SS types. I picked up two 2.25"IN/4"OUT, 12"L SS rolled tips, weld mount for $24/ea. For the money of the clamp on tips, one can get a weld on and get it welded for less $$. Easy muffler shop work. I think this is the one to replace stock tip HERE; (2)2.5"IN/5"OUT, 5.5"L, SS $37 to your door. Your stock exhaust is 2.0" OD so shop can adapt easily.
__________________
Every day brings a new battle with technology.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to midsouthduckhunter For This Useful Post:
  #167  
Old 11-04-2015, 08:27 PM
Johnnyww's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 740
Johnnyww is on a distinguished road
Re: 4" Jeep Exhaust Tailpipe

This looks like it has potential for anyone looking for a black Exhaust tip.

Its 3 inch inlet, 4 inch outlet, and 5.25 long (I think the OEM Mopar one is a little shorter). Does anyone know if this would work?

Amazon.com: Black Powder Coated Matte Finish Exhaust Muffler Tip Oval Forward Angled Double Wall Rolled Edge 3" Inlet ID, 4.00" Outlet OD, 5.25" Length: Automotive
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 11-05-2015, 10:53 AM
midsouthduckhunter's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 209
Thanks: 23
Thanked 32 Times in 28 Posts
Rep Power: 749
midsouthduckhunter is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: 4" Jeep Exhaust Tailpipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyww View Post
This looks like it has potential for anyone looking for a black Exhaust tip.

Its 3 inch inlet, 4 inch outlet, and 5.25 long (I think the OEM Mopar one is a little shorter). Does anyone know if this would work?

Amazon.com: Black Powder Coated Matte Finish Exhaust Muffler Tip Oval Forward Angled Double Wall Rolled Edge 3" Inlet ID, 4.00" Outlet OD, 5.25" Length: Automotive
The pipe from muffler is 2.25"OD. That is nice find but I think the one you need is HERE.
Black Powder Coated Exhaust Muffler Tip Round Forward Slash Cut Rolled Inward Double Wall 2.25" Inlet / ID, 4" Outlet / OD, Red Tail Performance #RTP-030B
__________________
Every day brings a new battle with technology.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to midsouthduckhunter For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
exhaust, jeep

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Opinions needed " GRAND CHEROKEE " on the front instead of " JEEP " ten64 Interior/Exterior/Visual 31 10-05-2016 07:31 PM
The "OFFICIAL" JeepGarage.Org 2012-18 WK2 Jeep SRT "Ordered" thread Scottina06 Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 155 12-29-2014 02:29 PM
Do not get water in your tailpipe ExcursionDiesel 2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel 3.0 27 09-29-2014 07:49 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.