Don't like those chrome door handles - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Interior/Exterior/Visual

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 12-22-2015, 09:30 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 106
Thanks: 3
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 595
GCDingo is on a distinguished road
Don't like those chrome door handles

I have a granite crystal GC export diesel and want to get colour rid of the chrome exterior handles. I want them colour coded but not too sure about painting them because of the button and touch sensors. Do they come colour coded on some models? Part numbers if available would be awesome or experiences of painting them

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 12-23-2015, 01:01 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 157
Thanks: 63
Thanked 23 Times in 17 Posts
Rep Power: 1266
dsears00 is on a distinguished road
Re: Don't like those chrome door handles

Checkout Just For Jeeps. They have the color handles listed with the part numbers. Paint code is PAU. I replaced mine. Not a hard job, just tedious with the tight fit around the glass to unscrew/screw the handles.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-23-2015, 02:09 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 106
Thanks: 3
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 595
GCDingo is on a distinguished road
Re: Don't like those chrome door handles

Just about had a heart attack. Stealer in Perth, Aus wanted $1,000 for the 4 handles. Just for Jeeps work out about $530 plus shipping. I think I am going to try and go down the paint path.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-24-2015, 10:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 157
Thanks: 63
Thanked 23 Times in 17 Posts
Rep Power: 1266
dsears00 is on a distinguished road
Re: Don't like those chrome door handles

Yeah, certainly not an inexpensive upgrade.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-25-2015, 12:37 AM
ajag's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 648
Thanks: 21
Thanked 123 Times in 96 Posts
Rep Power: 1789
ajag is on a distinguished road
Re: Don't like those chrome door handles

I bought all four handles from quirk parts and paid about 350$ us

I was able to install the rear ones but the fronts are tough so I had the dealership do them for me
Only cost 236$ to have them done
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-25-2015, 04:12 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 106
Thanks: 3
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 595
GCDingo is on a distinguished road
Re: Don't like those chrome door handles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajag View Post
I bought all four handles from quirk parts and paid about 350$ us

I was able to install the rear ones but the fronts are tough so I had the dealership do them for me
Only cost 236$ to have them done
Can I ask what was tough about the front ones? I'm reasonably handy with the spanners so hopefully it's not too hard. Dealers in Australia charge drug money for any work that comes through. Maybe have to investigate a panel shop or something?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-25-2015, 04:37 AM
Hutch801's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Posts: 822
Thanks: 120
Thanked 137 Times in 113 Posts
Rep Power: 17331
Hutch801 has a reputation beyond reputeHutch801 has a reputation beyond reputeHutch801 has a reputation beyond reputeHutch801 has a reputation beyond reputeHutch801 has a reputation beyond reputeHutch801 has a reputation beyond reputeHutch801 has a reputation beyond reputeHutch801 has a reputation beyond reputeHutch801 has a reputation beyond reputeHutch801 has a reputation beyond reputeHutch801 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Don't like those chrome door handles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCDingo View Post
Just about had a heart attack. Stealer in Perth, Aus wanted $1,000 for the 4 handles. Just for Jeeps work out about $530 plus shipping. I think I am going to try and go down the paint path.

What about wrap?


Hutch- 2014 GC Blackhawk CRD...Feel the Power...
__________________
Hutch: 2014 Grand Cherokee Blackhawk in Black of Course.....CRD Feel the Power..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-25-2015, 04:54 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 106
Thanks: 3
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 595
GCDingo is on a distinguished road
Re: Don't like those chrome door handles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch801 View Post
What about wrap?


Hutch- 2014 GC Blackhawk CRD...Feel the Power...
Thought about wrap but don't want black and would be too hard to match granite crystal colour. Just ordered handles from MoparAmerica.
__________________
2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
1965 Mustang Coupe
2014 VW Amarok
I hate standard cars
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-25-2015, 07:07 AM
ajag's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 648
Thanks: 21
Thanked 123 Times in 96 Posts
Rep Power: 1789
ajag is on a distinguished road
Re: Don't like those chrome door handles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCDingo View Post
Can I ask what was tough about the front ones? I'm reasonably handy with the spanners so hopefully it's not too hard. Dealers in Australia charge drug money for any work that comes through. Maybe have to investigate a panel shop or something?

The rear doors are easy because you don't have to remove any of the door internals ..its just a matter of carefully removing the 2 bolts and space is tight

But the front doors require removing or moving around the power window internals as well as the glass. You cannot even begin to get to the 2 bolts because the glass is in the way...if you pull the door panel off you'll see..I'd recommend pulling the door panel before you attempt to do it or buy the handles ..just so you can see


It only takes about 5 minutes to pull the door panel off...its super simple


Good luck
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-25-2015, 02:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 157
Thanks: 63
Thanked 23 Times in 17 Posts
Rep Power: 1266
dsears00 is on a distinguished road
Re: Don't like those chrome door handles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajag View Post
The rear doors are easy because you don't have to remove any of the door internals ..its just a matter of carefully removing the 2 bolts and space is tight



But the front doors require removing or moving around the power window internals as well as the glass. You cannot even begin to get to the 2 bolts because the glass is in the way...if you pull the door panel off you'll see..I'd recommend pulling the door panel before you attempt to do it or buy the handles ..just so you can see





It only takes about 5 minutes to pull the door panel off...its super simple





Good luck

I was able to do the fronts without removing anything, but I agree they are definitely a PITA.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-25-2015, 03:54 PM
ajag's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 648
Thanks: 21
Thanked 123 Times in 96 Posts
Rep Power: 1789
ajag is on a distinguished road
Re: Don't like those chrome door handles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsears00 View Post
I was able to do the fronts without removing anything, but I agree they are definitely a PITA.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
How'd you do that?

The glass covers the 2 holes in front of the door handle bolts?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-25-2015, 11:22 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 157
Thanks: 63
Thanked 23 Times in 17 Posts
Rep Power: 1266
dsears00 is on a distinguished road
Re: Don't like those chrome door handles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajag View Post
How'd you do that?



The glass covers the 2 holes in front of the door handle bolts?

I used a small ratchet instead of a driver. It really was a pain.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Like motorcycles? Like racing? Like camping? Look inside! The Evil Twin SouthEast 0 02-07-2014 03:21 PM
Chrome Door Handles 08-10 cain45 Grand Cherokee - WK 15 08-04-2011 06:13 PM
Chrome door handles & license plate brow cain45 Grand Cherokee - WK 4 05-11-2010 01:51 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.