Re: Exterior door handles swap - how to
Front exterior door handles;
1. Door handle pocket - Lift screw cover up with small flat screw driver and trove small hex screw.
2. Door pull - pull and hold handle out and pop screw cover/backing trim off with small flat screw driver. Remove 10mm bolt and Phillips screw.
3. Window switch - using plastic door panel/trim tools, slide tool under switch and pry upwards, working switch front and back to lift switch out. Disconnect electrical plug and set aside.
4 Door panel - using plastic door trim tools, slide tool I between door panel and door. The panel panels snuggly to the door with plastic pop pins. When the tool is slide in between the door and door panel properly you will hear a "pop". That is a door pin popping loose. Work your way around the perimeter of the door panel to get it fully released from the door. There are about ten or so push pins. A couple are at the top and should pop by tugging on the panel from the top a bit after all the other pins are loose.
5. Door pull removal - carfully pull the panel away from the door and slide the door pull out. It should pop loose slide out easily. Also disconnect any other Electrical connectors.
6. Door handle - remove inner window felt trim from upper part of the door. There is an access door in the window regulator panel, open access door. Remove speaker, reconnect window switch and roll window down until you see the window mounts through the access hole and speaker hole. At the center of the mount carfully push on window mount catch to release the window from the regulator mount, you'll have to push the window up slightly as your pushing the catch in. With the window released from the regulator, carfully pull and rotate the window up and out of the door and set it somewhere safe.
There is a plastic clip holding the door handle linkage to the handle, pop the clip upwards and slide linkage out of the door handle.
Using a torks socket, remove the three bolts holding the door latch to the door. Also remove the 10mm bolts holding the window regulator panel to the door and unlock the torks locks holding the panel to the door. This will allow you to move the window regulator panel out to be able to reach inside to remove the forward exterior door handle bolt.
The rear exterior handle bolts are simple. There is an oval shaped plastic plug covering the bolts. Remove the plug then remove the bolts.
Once the handle is loose, carefully remove the handle from the door, there is a little finess needed for this part.
Repeat steps in reverse order to install new exterior handles.
Hope this helps