Re: NEW 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee XenonDepot Automotive Lighting Packages
Thanks for trying to get "informed":
As per your questions:
(1) HID conversion kits are manufactured to varying levels of quality - just like everything else these days. The main difference though, is that you're talking about high voltage electronics that can potentially damage your vehicle should something fail. You're also compromising your headlights should a bulb, ballast, or anything else go out on you.
(2) Some questions to ask before making your purchase:
- Are the HID bulbs laser aligned?
XenonDepot HID bulbs are laser aligned to ensure optically correct beam patterns.
- What sort of uv protection do the bulbs offer?
XenonDepot HID bulbs use Philips uv quartz glass to ensure you do not damage your headlights, as HID bulbs emit high levels of UV
- Are the ballasts digital and are they AC or DC?
XenonDepot only uses AC ballasts to power AC HID bulbs.
- What type of voltage draw do the ballasts require at start up?
XenonDepot ballasts are low draw ballasts meaning that they will not strain your vehicle's electrical system.
- What sort of relay harness is included with the kit and how it it assembled (waterproof,
single relay vs double relay, single fuse vs double fuse, etc)?
XenonDepot relay harnesses are completely waterproof. They are sold in pairs, meaning that each headlight gets its own independently fused relay harness. Should anything fail, only one side will be affected.
- What sort of warranty does the product come with?
XenonDepot HID kits come with a 2 or 3 year warranty (depending on the kit). The warranty is handled directly through us - we do not advertise gimmicky lifetime warranties.
- Does the merchant have a good reputation?
Do some searches on this forum and on google.
- Does the merchant seem knowledgeable and is willing to take the time to answer any questions you may have? - keep that in mind should you require any after sales/service support.
Give us a call toll fee @ 1-877-522-2701. We would be more then happy to speak to you about your vehicle.
- How easy is it to contact the merchant? You're going to want to be able to get a hold of someone if there's a problem..
Again, do some searches on this board and google
- How long has the merchant been in business?
We have been around since 2001
- Do they have any experience with your particular vehicle?
Hope this helps,