Originally Posted by silvermax04
I installed the SRT LED Fog lights on my 2014 Summit today, super easy and quick install. Move the fender liner back pop 4 tabs on the housing of the old projectors, the new one clicks right into place on the tabs, plug the H11 in and done. No cancelers needed on the 2014 just plug the H11 directly in. No fans just a nice massive metal finned heat sink to cool it, no wire warts, modules, relays, cancelers or any of that junk involved in all those other LED kits I sent back. could not have been an easier install.
They are very bright plenty of usable light. These are definitely less blue than any of those other LED kits I have tried but they are not a complete match to the 4300k headlights. Definitely closer than anything else LED I have tried but they are whiter. if I had to guess id probably say they are in the 5000k range maybe a little less. I definitely like them a lot they are a keeper. What I did though after seeing the color is order the OSRAM CBIs for the headlights which are 5000K should match up with them well. I ended up getting these LEDs for nothing due to idiot UPS screw ups loosing and finding things and wasting all my time and Xenon depot has the CBIs on sale for $179 so will just put the LED money to the CBIs. When I had the fender liners pushed back looks like easy to get the headlight bulbs from that side rather than going in from the top and unhooking all that stuff on top. The CBIs are not supposed to loose any lumens with the higher 5000k temperature like a lot of the other higher temperature bulbs do. They are supposed to retain the 3200 lumens. If I remember right this is what Scott did he put 5000K headlights with the SRT LEDs.
Now I just need to figure out how to get the fogs to stay on when high beams are on.
Awesome. Glad to hear another success story. Would love to know what they changed for 2015-16 to need relays and resistors on all this stuff. Mine shipped out yesterday so I will be done too.
The access to the headlights are not any better from below. The access panel was of no use to me. Maybe others but for me it was simple
Remove pcm connection for extra space
Rotate lock holding bulb
Remove air box (very simple)
Repeat steps on this side
Aside from my hands being scraped up it took me about 25-30 minutes including battery and removal and install of oem parts.
Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage