Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Interior/Exterior/Visual

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #133  
Old 07-25-2014, 11:34 AM
Jeep_addicted's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Thomas US. Virgin islands
Posts: 1,090
Thanks: 16
Thanked 52 Times in 44 Posts
Rep Power: 1332038
Jeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Taillight solutions-just ordered mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHALLENGERBIZJET View Post
Well at least the install photos for the rest of us to see will be free.

Challenger I have been telling you for 2 months I can make you the same harness for $65 and you can buy the light housings from an online dealer for about $52 each and have the kit for under $200

The harness is nothing more than a re-purposed T-adapter trailer harness with the needed bulb socket, diodes and optional resistors if you are running full LEDs.

I have a case of the trailer harnesses laying around I am just trying to liquidate them. So I can make some harnesses out of them.

What I would need to know from interested parties:

What year WK2: 2011- 2013 Default Full function plug and play (Brake/Turn only by request)

2014 Plug and Play Brake/Turn function (requires tapping a wire to obtain tail light function)

What functions you want: Full function: Brake/Turn, Tail
Brake/Turn Only

What bulbs are you planning on using:

Halogen = harness with no resistor

Halogen and LED = harness with no resistor

FULL LED = harness with resisitor





Here are the dealer part #'s for rear fog light housings that you can purchase on your own.

Right sided housing 57010716AC

Left side housing 57010717AC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140725_183945.jpg (515.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 20140725_184038.jpg (520.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 20140725_184114.jpg (513.6 KB, 19 views)
__________________

__________________
  • '12 Laredo X V6 Deep Cherry Dark/Mid Greystone, QT1
  • Outside: colormatched Altitude Grille, S Limited rear valance, Euro frt. bumper moulding, Rear chrome trim. Sharkfin, 20% tint, RFUK (built my own)
  • Inside: Alcantara steering wheel/shift knob,SRT dash trim, illuminated front scuff plates, stainless rear scuff plates, bright pedals, F/R footwell lights
  • Performance: OEM dual exhaust conversion, HD brakes, E-code projectors, JW Speaker fogs
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 07-25-2014, 06:22 PM
Chicago_Style's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2013 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 867
Thanks: 6
Thanked 22 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 1159
Chicago_Style is on a distinguished road
Re: Taillight solutions-just ordered mine.

Sha man just do it already! I have them and they are one of my fav mods


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 07-25-2014, 07:38 PM
CHALLENGERBIZJET's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,573
Thanks: 1
Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 2483
CHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond reputeCHALLENGERBIZJET has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Taillight solutions-just ordered mine.

An doing this mod will in no way affect your warranty and there's no bs coming from your dealer when there's an electrical issue and they try to tie it to that because you've tapped a wire to make the harness lights work?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 07-25-2014, 08:48 PM
1st jeep's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 314
Thanks: 24
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 771
1st jeep is on a distinguished road
Re: Taillight solutions-just ordered mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep_addicted View Post
Challenger I have been telling you for 2 months I can make you the same harness for $65 and you can buy the light housings from an online dealer for about $52 each and have the kit for under $200



The harness is nothing more than a re-purposed T-adapter trailer harness with the needed bulb socket, diodes and optional resistors if you are running full LEDs.



I have a case of the trailer harnesses laying around I am just trying to liquidate them. So I can make some harnesses out of them.



What I would need to know from interested parties:



What year WK2: 2011- 2013 Default Full function plug and play (Brake/Turn only by request)



2014 Plug and Play Brake/Turn function (requires tapping a wire to obtain tail light function)



What functions you want: Full function: Brake/Turn, Tail

Brake/Turn Only



What bulbs are you planning on using:



Halogen = harness with no resistor



Halogen and LED = harness with no resistor



FULL LED = harness with resisitor











Here are the dealer part #'s for rear fog light housings that you can purchase on your own.



Right sided housing 57010716AC



Left side housing 57010717AC

Thanks for mine Correy!!! They are awesome and high quality!

Like someone said above, best mod!


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 07-25-2014, 09:53 PM
Chicago_Style's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2013 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 867
Thanks: 6
Thanked 22 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 1159
Chicago_Style is on a distinguished road
Re: Taillight solutions-just ordered mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHALLENGERBIZJET View Post
An doing this mod will in no way affect your warranty and there's no bs coming from your dealer when there's an electrical issue and they try to tie it to that because you've tapped a wire to make the harness lights work?

Correy is the man pull the trigger everyone on here loves them


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 07-26-2014, 05:09 AM
Jeep_addicted's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Thomas US. Virgin islands
Posts: 1,090
Thanks: 16
Thanked 52 Times in 44 Posts
Rep Power: 1332038
Jeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Taillight solutions-just ordered mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHALLENGERBIZJET View Post
An doing this mod will in no way affect your warranty and there's no bs coming from your dealer when there's an electrical issue and they try to tie it to that because you've tapped a wire to make the harness lights work?

How could a plug and play trailer harness affect your warranty?


You don't have to tap the wire if you don't want to.

On a 14 you would get the brake/turn function.

Personally if I had the halo taillights I would only use the rear fogs for Brake/turn
__________________
  • '12 Laredo X V6 Deep Cherry Dark/Mid Greystone, QT1
  • Outside: colormatched Altitude Grille, S Limited rear valance, Euro frt. bumper moulding, Rear chrome trim. Sharkfin, 20% tint, RFUK (built my own)
  • Inside: Alcantara steering wheel/shift knob,SRT dash trim, illuminated front scuff plates, stainless rear scuff plates, bright pedals, F/R footwell lights
  • Performance: OEM dual exhaust conversion, HD brakes, E-code projectors, JW Speaker fogs
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 07-29-2014, 06:39 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Peoples Republic of NJ
Posts: 162
Thanks: 5
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Rep Power: 361
FreeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeFreeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeFreeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeFreeJersey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Taillight solutions-just ordered mine.

Decided to go ahead and do this mod to my '14 Limited. Ordered the Rear fog housings on-line. Requested a harness from Jeep_addicted. I was set to order the 7443 bulbs and then decided I may as well upgrade the other bulbs while I have everything apart.

Do I have all the bulbs right?

Are the tailgate parking lamps active on the '14? Mine don't light up under any circumstance.

Rear Fogs - 7443
Tailgate parking lamp - 2821
Tailgate Reverse lights - 921
Brake/Turn - 3157
Reverse lights - 7440
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 07-30-2014, 08:43 AM
Jeep_addicted's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Thomas US. Virgin islands
Posts: 1,090
Thanks: 16
Thanked 52 Times in 44 Posts
Rep Power: 1332038
Jeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Taillight solutions-just ordered mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeJersey View Post
Decided to go ahead and do this mod to my '14 Limited. Ordered the Rear fog housings on-line. Requested a harness from Jeep_addicted. I was set to order the 7443 bulbs and then decided I may as well upgrade the other bulbs while I have everything apart.

Do I have all the bulbs right?

Are the tailgate parking lamps active on the '14? Mine don't light up under any circumstance.

Rear Fogs - 7443
Tailgate parking lamp - 2821
Tailgate Reverse lights - 921
Brake/Turn - 3157
Reverse lights - 7440
Rear fog 7443 (dual contact bulb because socket used is dual contact)

Body brake lights should either be a 3157 or a 3156 (double check this one)

You have the halo for parking light so no LEDs needed for that.

Body reverse should be a 7440 (single contact)
liftgate reverse should be a 921 ( sincle contact)
__________________
  • '12 Laredo X V6 Deep Cherry Dark/Mid Greystone, QT1
  • Outside: colormatched Altitude Grille, S Limited rear valance, Euro frt. bumper moulding, Rear chrome trim. Sharkfin, 20% tint, RFUK (built my own)
  • Inside: Alcantara steering wheel/shift knob,SRT dash trim, illuminated front scuff plates, stainless rear scuff plates, bright pedals, F/R footwell lights
  • Performance: OEM dual exhaust conversion, HD brakes, E-code projectors, JW Speaker fogs
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 07-30-2014, 08:49 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Peoples Republic of NJ
Posts: 162
Thanks: 5
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Rep Power: 361
FreeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeFreeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeFreeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeFreeJersey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Taillight solutions-just ordered mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep_addicted View Post
Rear fog 7443 (dual contact bulb because socket used is dual contact)

Body brake lights should either be a 3157 or a 3156 (double check this one)

You have the halo for parking light so no LEDs needed for that.

Body reverse should be a 7440 (single contact)
liftgate reverse should be a 921 ( sincle contact)
Thanks for that. I also see when looking at the bulbs, standard base or ck base. I'm assuming standatd?

I'm still a little stumped by the lift gate bulbs. If I look in through the red section, I can see what appears to be a bulb although it does not light up.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 07-30-2014, 08:54 AM
Jeep_addicted's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Thomas US. Virgin islands
Posts: 1,090
Thanks: 16
Thanked 52 Times in 44 Posts
Rep Power: 1332038
Jeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond reputeJeep_addicted has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Taillight solutions-just ordered mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeJersey View Post
Thanks for that. I also see when looking at the bulbs, standard base or ck base. I'm assuming standatd?

I'm still a little stumped by the lift gate bulbs. If I look in through the red section, I can see what appears to be a bulb although it does not light up.
Correct all the bulb are standard.

That is just a reflector pattern the LED for the halo mount blow you will see when you remove the panel on lift gate.
__________________
  • '12 Laredo X V6 Deep Cherry Dark/Mid Greystone, QT1
  • Outside: colormatched Altitude Grille, S Limited rear valance, Euro frt. bumper moulding, Rear chrome trim. Sharkfin, 20% tint, RFUK (built my own)
  • Inside: Alcantara steering wheel/shift knob,SRT dash trim, illuminated front scuff plates, stainless rear scuff plates, bright pedals, F/R footwell lights
  • Performance: OEM dual exhaust conversion, HD brakes, E-code projectors, JW Speaker fogs
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeep_addicted For This Useful Post:
  #143  
Old 07-30-2014, 09:07 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Peoples Republic of NJ
Posts: 162
Thanks: 5
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Rep Power: 361
FreeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeFreeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeFreeJersey has a reputation beyond reputeFreeJersey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Taillight solutions-just ordered mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep_addicted View Post
Correct all the bulb are standard.

That is just a reflector pattern the LED for the halo mount blow you will see when you remove the panel on lift gate.
Thanks again. Looking forward to getting everything in. Let me know when that harness is ready.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 07-31-2014, 10:20 AM
CLStech's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: RTP, NC
Posts: 1,079
Thanks: 375
Thanked 156 Times in 120 Posts
Rep Power: 1545485
CLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond reputeCLStech has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Taillight solutions-just ordered mine.

Taillight Solutions Rear fog light kit w/ LED upgrade installed. Very nice kit professional finish and packaging.

I will say that the kit is overpriced as Jeep_addicted mentioned.
Since I also make wiring harnessses for the 2014 SRT guys i should have known better. By the time I placed my order with Taillight Solution I stumbled upon Jeep_addicted's solution. The kit is very well done, finish and packaging are very proffesional however the price is high for the kit after actually seeing how simple it is...

No real installation photos as it is a very simple installation.
Left Side Fog w/LED - Right Side Stock
ForumRunner_one side.jpg
Complete Rear Fog lights w/LEDs
ForumRunner_both sides.jpg
Taillight solutions rear fog compare 2014 Jeep SRT:

__________________

__________________
The Albino: 2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
Bright White - Black/Sepia - Black Chrome - Tow Package - High Performance Audio - Pano Roof
*Debadged | Black Reflective Hitch Insert | Black Vinyl Wrapped Roof | Billet Technology Catch Can & Accesories | Injen Intake | LED Interior Swap | LED Puddle/Entry Lighting | Lower Grill Badge | Tint | 6000K Headlights | 3000K Foglights | Eibach Lowering Springs | Headlight DRL Mod | RAX Jailbreak | Rear Fog Lights | Electronic Cutouts | BlackOps End Links*
Instagram: CLStech
Twitter: CLStech
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Taillight Solutions' Official Feedback thread Scottina06 Taillight Solutions 8 01-07-2013 05:48 PM
Hide-a-key solutions? 11962jeep Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 54 05-03-2012 08:57 PM
Welcome Taillight Solutions to the JeepGarage family! Scottina06 Taillight Solutions 8 12-08-2011 03:23 PM
Retro-Solutions HID Kit bigpapapablo Visual Modifications 15 01-16-2010 06:32 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community