Weather Tech Floor Mats - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Interior/Exterior/Visual/Lighting

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 03-26-2016, 08:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 18
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 376
geight is on a distinguished road
Weather Tech Floor Mats

Well hello everyone! Traded in my first car, a 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, and picked up my brand new 2016 Jeep GC Limited 75th w/ Diesel on Friday! Loving it thus far!

I was wondering if any '16s have found out which Weather Tech floor and trunk mats are the right ones? I presume they are the same as the 15s, but when one enters a 2015 on the Weather Tech website it looks as though there are two style models depending on when the car was built (before or after March 2015).

I figure the one for after March 2015 is the same as my 16, but as they changed it once already in the WK2, who knows if they did it again this year...

What *I think* are the right part numbers are:
Front: 448751
Rear: 443242
Trunk: 40469

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks, and looking forward to watching this forum closely.
-Scott

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 03-28-2016, 04:39 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,034
Thanks: 74
Thanked 279 Times in 246 Posts
Rep Power: 46370
lstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weather Tech Floor Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by geight View Post
Well hello everyone! Traded in my first car, a 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, and picked up my brand new 2016 Jeep GC Limited 75th w/ Diesel on Friday! Loving it thus far!

I was wondering if any '16s have found out which Weather Tech floor and trunk mats are the right ones? I presume they are the same as the 15s, but when one enters a 2015 on the Weather Tech website it looks as though there are two style models depending on when the car was built (before or after March 2015).

I figure the one for after March 2015 is the same as my 16, but as they changed it once already in the WK2, who knows if they did it again this year...

What *I think* are the right part numbers are:
Front: 448751
Rear: 443242
Trunk: 40469

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks, and looking forward to watching this forum closely.
-Scott
Ping Weathertech. Their help staff may already know the answer even though their online site may not have it published yet.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lstowell For This Useful Post:
  #3  
Old 03-28-2016, 05:18 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2016 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southwest VA.
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 1806
JOHN 316 is on a distinguished road
Re: Weather Tech Floor Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by geight View Post
Well hello everyone! Traded in my first car, a 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, and picked up my brand new 2016 Jeep GC Limited 75th w/ Diesel on Friday! Loving it thus far!

I was wondering if any '16s have found out which Weather Tech floor and trunk mats are the right ones? I presume they are the same as the 15s, but when one enters a 2015 on the Weather Tech website it looks as though there are two style models depending on when the car was built (before or after March 2015).

I figure the one for after March 2015 is the same as my 16, but as they changed it once already in the WK2, who knows if they did it again this year...

What *I think* are the right part numbers are:
Front: 448751
Rear: 443242
Trunk: 40469

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks, and looking forward to watching this forum closely.
-Scott
Just got mine in this weekend for our new 2016 GC Summit 5.7L. Order the latest ones shown for the 2015. They fit like a glove!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JOHN 316 For This Useful Post:
  #4  
Old 03-30-2016, 12:55 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 17
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 357
BRUH is on a distinguished road
Re: Weather Tech Floor Mats

Just buy the Jeep one's made for your vehicle.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BRUH For This Useful Post:
  #5  
Old 03-30-2016, 07:12 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 18
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 376
geight is on a distinguished road
Re: Weather Tech Floor Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUH View Post
Just buy the Jeep one's made for your vehicle.
Ahhhhh, I should have known. Most other cars their "mud floor mats" are shit, but Jeeps look nice and are half the price of Weathertech. Too bad I already ordered Weathertech and they've been shipped....I especially like the Jeep trunk/cargo mat better as it looks like it won't let stuff slip around on it.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-30-2016, 08:25 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 179
Thanks: 21
Thanked 31 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 581
g0rey1 is on a distinguished road
Re: Weather Tech Floor Mats

yeah, i like the jeep mats, but it's not really apples to apples. jeep doesn't have the "depth" on the mats, meaning if you dump a soda on it, it will spill all over the place. weathertech's lip is meant to contain this type of thing. doesn't bother me, but might bother some. i prefer no lip, especially in the cargo area, where the lip was always in the way when i put the seats down on my previous car.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to g0rey1 For This Useful Post:
  #7  
Old 03-30-2016, 08:41 AM
billt's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2015 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Glendale, Arizona
Posts: 1,364
Thanks: 332
Thanked 286 Times in 194 Posts
Rep Power: 2083
billt is on a distinguished road
Re: Weather Tech Floor Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0rey1 View Post
yeah, i like the jeep mats, but it's not really apples to apples. jeep doesn't have the "depth" on the mats, meaning if you dump a soda on it, it will spill all over the place. weathertech's lip is meant to contain this type of thing.
This is what sold me on Weather Tech over any other brands, including Jeep. Yes, I feel for what you get they're a bit overpriced. But making molds for every model is not cheap. And the fact they contain the largest of spills is very important. This is especially true in the cargo area.

All it takes is a large gallon container of most anything to spill, and it would make up the cost several times over. My wife fills the back with groceries every week. The liquid stuff she buys is all but limitless. From soap to soda, and most everything in between. Not to mention eggs, meat and chicken, along with the nasty, smelly juice that can and does leak out of the packaging they come in. The large lip incorporated into the Weather Tech design is well worth the added cost in keeping a major spill contained. It could turn a complete disaster into nothing more than a "pull out and hose down" 5 minute simple clean up.

The added protection in the driver and passenger area will keep the carpeting looking like new for years to come. There is no way I would purchase a new car today without them.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-30-2016, 01:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 17
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 357
BRUH is on a distinguished road
Re: Weather Tech Floor Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by geight View Post
Ahhhhh, I should have known. Most other cars their "mud floor mats" are shit, but Jeeps look nice and are half the price of Weathertech. Too bad I already ordered Weathertech and they've been shipped....I especially like the Jeep trunk/cargo mat better as it looks like it won't let stuff slip around on it.
When I bought my Overland EcoDiesel they threw the mats in for free, but yes the trunk/cargo matt is extremely grippy, too much at times as the aggressive pattern doesn't let heavier items "slide" when loading and unloading.

I like the look of them much better than the WeatherTech's which IMO are a ripoff for what they are.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-01-2016, 11:13 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 18
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 376
geight is on a distinguished road
Re: Weather Tech Floor Mats

I ordered the post-March 2015 Front, Rear, and Cargo mats and can confirm they fit perfectly as well.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-04-2016, 02:47 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,034
Thanks: 74
Thanked 279 Times in 246 Posts
Rep Power: 46370
lstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weather Tech Floor Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
This is what sold me on Weather Tech over any other brands, including Jeep. Yes, I feel for what you get they're a bit overpriced. But making molds for every model is not cheap. And the fact they contain the largest of spills is very important. This is especially true in the cargo area.

All it takes is a large gallon container of most anything to spill, and it would make up the cost several times over. My wife fills the back with groceries every week. The liquid stuff she buys is all but limitless. From soap to soda, and most everything in between. Not to mention eggs, meat and chicken, along with the nasty, smelly juice that can and does leak out of the packaging they come in. The large lip incorporated into the Weather Tech design is well worth the added cost in keeping a major spill contained. It could turn a complete disaster into nothing more than a "pull out and hose down" 5 minute simple clean up.

The added protection in the driver and passenger area will keep the carpeting looking like new for years to come. There is no way I would purchase a new car today without them.
Agreed.
The Weather Techs tend to get a tad sticky after a couple years and pick up stains more readily than I'd expect synth rubber/plastic to... but thanks to a Weather Tech, I didn't have to live with the smell of spilt gasoline for months after a small mishap.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-04-2016, 03:22 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2016 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 352
tjZ06 is on a distinguished road
Re: Weather Tech Floor Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN 316 View Post
Just got mine in this weekend for our new 2016 GC Summit 5.7L. Order the latest ones shown for the 2015. They fit like a glove!
Interesting. We just ordered our 2016 GC Overland High Altitude. We called Weathertech and they said they were still working on front mats for the 2016 and they expected them to be ready around May.

I thought that was odd, since I didn't think there were any changes to the floor between 2015-2016.

If 2015 mats fit your 2016 perfectly perhaps I'll order a set.

-TJ
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-04-2016, 03:50 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hayward, WI
Posts: 75
Thanks: 18
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 1711
Newt is on a distinguished road
Re: Weather Tech Floor Mats

I had wethertech digital fit mats in my 2014 and have ordered Husky x-act fit mats for my 2016 as there are a number of posts here saying they are better, for instance the hole for the grabber hook is not open to the top for the front mats and they are supposed to be more flexible and less slippery. I also ordered the Jeep mat for the cargo area per the advice in other posts. Am interested in seeing the difference. I am hoping the coverage back under the driver's seat will be better, looks like it will be from the pictures.
__________________
Own: 2016 Limited 75th Anniversary, 4x4, Hemi, Lux, Adv Tech, ORII, Recon Green, Beige/Lt. Frost

Formerly Owned: 2014 Overland, 4x4, Hemi, ORA II, Adv Tech, Max Steel, Indigo/brown

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Weather Tech Floor LINERS verses Husky Floor LINERS jeeperspeepers 2014+ Cherokee-KL 31 12-04-2015 11:29 AM
Black Weather Tech Floor Liners Pics? ColoradoJeep Interior/Exterior/Visual/Lighting 5 04-11-2012 05:16 PM
Weather Tech floor mats FIORI1010 Interior/Exterior/Visual/Lighting 14 09-22-2011 08:49 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.