Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > 2011+ Dodge Durango-WD

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1297  
Old 10-20-2013, 07:01 PM
Milous's Avatar
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nottsure, Wair
Posts: 6,353
Thanks: 33
Thanked 1,994 Times in 878 Posts
Rep Power: 2392308
Milous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Durango - Features and Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmitsou View Post
does this mean that dodge/chrysler has made a decision not to discontinue Durango production after the 2014 model (as has been rumored)?
Good catch on my subtle info reveal... 2015 Durango is approved and scheduled for production.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Milous For This Useful Post:
  #1298  
Old 10-20-2013, 09:28 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: northern NJ
Posts: 81
Thanks: 24
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 451
mrmitsou is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Durango - Features and Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milous View Post
Good catch on my subtle info reveal... 2015 Durango is approved and scheduled for production.
that's big, breaking, and very good, news. Thanks Milous.
__________________

__________________
'14 Citadel AWD 3.6L Black/Tan Tech
Reply With Quote
  #1299  
Old 10-21-2013, 06:00 AM
davewg's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Medford, NJ
Posts: 817
Thanks: 105
Thanked 57 Times in 45 Posts
Rep Power: 140506
davewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milous View Post
Good catch on my subtle info reveal... 2015 Durango is approved and scheduled for production.
When can we expect the 2015 Durango Features and Changes thread .

And when is the first post from one of who purchased a 2014 asking if a 2015 feature can be retrofitted, or stating that we wished we'd waited....

...joke...

Good to hear that the Durango continues. It's unique in the market, and so far a great vehicle to have in the family garage.
__________________
'14 Durango Limited AWD Deep Cherry Red
'05 Yukon XL Denali
'67 Corvette Stingray
Reply With Quote
  #1300  
Old 10-21-2013, 08:49 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 313
Thanks: 9
Thanked 38 Times in 27 Posts
Rep Power: 681
Gtaz19 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Durango - Features and Changes

Just Posted a littlle visual mod I did to my 2014 R/T in another thread.I plastidipped the emblems on theback to getrid of the chrome. I think it looks pretty good, for those interested in what it is, link below.

Plasti Dipped Emblems
__________________
______________________________
2014 Black R/T - 5.7L HEMI V8 AWD
Technology Group, Trailer Tow Group IV, Premium Nappa Leather Group, Second-Row Fold / Tumble Captain Chairs, Power Sunroof, Uconnect(R) 8.4 AN, 20-Inch X 8-Inch Polished / Painted Wheels
Reply With Quote
  #1301  
Old 10-21-2013, 02:59 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 161
Thanks: 44
Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 684
Parsec is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post
Oooo, my geek side almost just exploded when I realized that I could even plug a ChromeCast in to each seat!
Old post rehash: I was thinking of Chromecasting to rear entertainment displays too, but this won't work just off my phone's hotspot since I need the to activate Wi-Fi to connect to the Chromecast too and the hotspot will likely conflict. You need a separate hotspot and a separate cellphone to control the Chromecast in the displays. It's too bad the UConnect hotspot is 3G otherwise that would have been the perfect solution for the video streaming. I think a handy solution is video out with MHL-HDMI adapter from maybe a Galaxy S4 and stream Netflix or other broadcaster. Only problem it ties up your phone but will certainly work nicely. By the way, I have heard that two adjacent Chromecasts have had conflict issues but maybe Google has solved that with new version updates.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1302  
Old 10-21-2013, 09:02 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: northern NJ
Posts: 81
Thanks: 24
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 451
mrmitsou is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Durango - Features and Changes

I was looking at the press reports and as of last June CEO Sergio Marchionne was saying that the 2015 model year could be the last one for the Durango. So it looks like it may still meet its demise in the near future. I hope I'm wrong on that.
__________________
'14 Citadel AWD 3.6L Black/Tan Tech
Reply With Quote
  #1303  
Old 10-21-2013, 10:14 PM
JoeyD's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern NJ, USA
Posts: 522
Thanks: 50
Thanked 48 Times in 36 Posts
Rep Power: 14525
JoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Durango - Features and Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmitsou View Post
I was looking at the press reports and as of last June CEO Sergio Marchionne was saying that the 2015 model year could be the last one for the Durango. So it looks like it may still meet its demise in the near future. I hope I'm wrong on that.
Actually...I'm torn on this.

On one hand, I'd like the D to hang around. Would be great to see what dodge can do with a complete redesign in 2017 or so.

On the other, I like having a "different / not so popular" vehicle. While everyone around here is driving Pilots, MDXs, Merc GLs, Explorers, and Lambdas (Traverse / Enclave / Acadia), I personally know of NO ONE who is driving a 3rd gen Durango, and see relatively few of them on the road. (Still have yet to see any '14s on the road.)

I feel like I'm back in the Boy Scouts and earned my "I did more research than you did and found the diamond in the rough" badge. If the Durango isn't around in a couple more years, it won't be because it's not a quality vehicle...it's because most people simply aren't as smart as we are...it's just a cross we must bear....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1304  
Old 10-22-2013, 06:38 AM
davewg's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Medford, NJ
Posts: 817
Thanks: 105
Thanked 57 Times in 45 Posts
Rep Power: 140506
davewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Durango - Features and Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyD View Post
Actually...I'm torn on this.

On one hand, I'd like the D to hang around. Would be great to see what dodge can do with a complete redesign in 2017 or so.

On the other, I like having a "different / not so popular" vehicle. While everyone around here is driving Pilots, MDXs, Merc GLs, Explorers, and Lambdas (Traverse / Enclave / Acadia), I personally know of NO ONE who is driving a 3rd gen Durango, and see relatively few of them on the road. (Still have yet to see any '14s on the road.)

I feel like I'm back in the Boy Scouts and earned my "I did more research than you did and found the diamond in the rough" badge. If the Durango isn't around in a couple more years, it won't be because it's not a quality vehicle...it's because most people simply aren't as smart as we are...it's just a cross we must bear....
I couldn't agree more on this.

There was no way we were buying another Honda after the Odyssey experience.

The MDX was to much $ (for the same or worse level of equipment) and my FIL had three of them, so it would have felt weird to have one after he stepped down to an RDX this year.

Lambdas; well I think you all know we almost wound up in one. Glad we didn't. There are strong intangibles that make the D better (I think, bias aside).

MB GL - $$$$$$$$$

Explorer - we both disliked it for several reasons

And I've said before I like driving something unique, don't see it everyday, etc...
__________________
'14 Durango Limited AWD Deep Cherry Red
'05 Yukon XL Denali
'67 Corvette Stingray
Reply With Quote
  #1305  
Old 10-22-2013, 08:54 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brookfield, Wisconsin
Posts: 59
Thanks: 14
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 509
agonzo is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Durango - Features and Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewg View Post
I couldn't agree more on this.

There was no way we were buying another Honda after the Odyssey experience.

The MDX was to much $ (for the same or worse level of equipment) and my FIL had three of them, so it would have felt weird to have one after he stepped down to an RDX this year.

Lambdas; well I think you all know we almost wound up in one. Glad we didn't. There are strong intangibles that make the D better (I think, bias aside).

MB GL - $$$$$$$$$

Explorer - we both disliked it for several reasons

And I've said before I like driving something unique, don't see it everyday, etc...
JoeyD and davewg, we all think so much alike that it is scary. (We almost bought a Lambda, too.) Glad we decided to wait.

The Dodge Magnum was discontinued a few years after I bought mine. This didn't bother me at all. I had mine. Ultimately resale prices stayed high, as dealers found that there was a stong interest from a small group of customers. On two seperate visits to the dealer for service, they offered to buy back my Magnum at prices well above KBB.

I am not disappointed that the Durango will continue into 2015, but I certainly won't be heartbroken if it is replaced by a GW in 2016.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1306  
Old 10-22-2013, 09:32 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: northern NJ
Posts: 81
Thanks: 24
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 451
mrmitsou is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Durango - Features and Changes

I agree with all above too. Couldn't have been better put. One of the reasons I eventually soured on getting a new Explorer last winter (& there were a number of reasons) was that there were so damned many of them on the roads, I got tired of looking at them. I live in a relatively busy NJ town west of NYC and might seen a Durango once every two or three weeks if I'm lucky--and when I do, I crane my neck and watch it till it disappears over the horizon. I work in lower manhattan and I might see a Durango there once every 3-4-5 weeks, really. I like it that way (although I'm sure Dodge would disagree with that). But maybe this thing is going to be the sleeper & people will wake up and sales will explode this year due to the refresh. I'm not sure how any red blooded American male or female cannot look at it and say, wow! Joey D eloquently & articulately put it best: diamond in the rough (perhaps we ought to have a Durango Poets Society, except after 2015, it might have to be called the Dead Durango's Poets Society).
__________________
'14 Citadel AWD 3.6L Black/Tan Tech
Reply With Quote
  #1307  
Old 10-22-2013, 10:26 AM
davewg's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Medford, NJ
Posts: 817
Thanks: 105
Thanked 57 Times in 45 Posts
Rep Power: 140506
davewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Durango - Features and Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by agonzo View Post
JoeyD and davewg, we all think so much alike that it is scary. (We almost bought a Lambda, too.) Glad we decided to wait.
Glad my wife decided she liked the Durango enough after our last solo test drive of a '13 that coupled with the cost differences we were able to go that route. When driven back to back with the Acadia (which we did twice) she had a hard time picking the D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agonzo View Post
The Dodge Magnum was discontinued a few years after I bought mine. This didn't bother me at all. I had mine. Ultimately resale prices stayed high, as dealers found that there was a stong interest from a small group of customers. On two seperate visits to the dealer for service, they offered to buy back my Magnum at prices well above KBB.
I for one wish these were still in production. I know for my next car I want a wagon or hatch, preferably with AWD.
__________________
'14 Durango Limited AWD Deep Cherry Red
'05 Yukon XL Denali
'67 Corvette Stingray
Reply With Quote
  #1308  
Old 10-22-2013, 10:35 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 161
Thanks: 44
Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 684
Parsec is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmitsou View Post
Joey D eloquently & articulately put it best: diamond in the rough (perhaps we ought to have a Durango Poets Society, except after 2015, it might have to be called the Dead Durango's Poets Society).
I too agree with you all and we all seem to have found the Durango through similar experiences. However, I wonder how much of Durango's sleeper status had been due to poor marketing efforts - prior to Will Ferrell - versus brand resistance. If the Jeep badge was slapped on it, albeit there would be some market cannibalizing sales, I think for the most part it would be outperforming expectations. I think this current refresh and marketing efforts however may save the Durango over brand resistance/hesitance. Still, bringing the Grand Wagoneer back to Jeep, improves Jeep's business model, product lineup and shows off class leading/competitive feature-sets and is akin to Range Rover's recent successful moves.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
14 durango options, 14' dodge, 14' durango features, 14' wd changes, 14' wd options, 2014, 2014 durango, discussion, durango pricing, features, ordering

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Grand Cherokee - Features & Changes Milous Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 12492 05-24-2014 08:00 AM
2014 SRT8 Durango is a go? Srt8_hmi 2011+ Dodge Durango-WD 11 09-11-2013 02:12 PM
2013 Durango - Features and Changes Milous 2011+ Dodge Durango-WD 36 04-08-2013 12:26 PM
2014 Durango Spyshot ckeegan 2011+ Dodge Durango-WD 28 11-27-2012 03:34 PM
2014 refreshed Durango to launch early Milous 2011+ Dodge Durango-WD 18 10-19-2012 07:12 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community