Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > 2011+ Dodge Durango-WD

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 10-04-2013, 02:54 PM
vertrkr's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Posts: 415
Thanks: 22
Thanked 100 Times in 68 Posts
Rep Power: 350073
vertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond repute
DRL light goes out when blinker is on

When ever the blinker is on the led DRL light will go out on the side the blinker is on leaving the other one on. Seems screwy to me and looks a little goofy. Any one notice the same?

Update: turns out this is common behavior from a few different manufactures. I really gotta google this stuff before I post.
__________________

__________________
'14 Citadel AWD 3.6L Sandstone/Tan
Tech, Tow, Captain Chairs
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-04-2013, 04:02 PM
davewg's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Medford, NJ
Posts: 806
Thanks: 100
Thanked 53 Times in 41 Posts
Rep Power: 140368
davewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DRL light goes out when blinker is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertrkr View Post
When ever the blinker is on the led DRL light will go out on the side the blinker is on leaving the other one on. Seems screwy to me and looks a little goofy. Any one notice the same?
All vehicles with LED running lamps have this behavior (Audi, BMW, GMC, etc).

In certain situations the turn signal cannot be seen due to the brightness of the LED DRL.

The behavior is normal, if as you say a little weird.
__________________

__________________
'14 Durango Limited AWD Deep Cherry Red
'05 Yukon XL Denali
'67 Corvette Stingray
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-04-2013, 04:17 PM
vertrkr's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Posts: 415
Thanks: 22
Thanked 100 Times in 68 Posts
Rep Power: 350073
vertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DRL light goes out when blinker is on

Thanks Dave. I started getting concerned as I just installed some high power LEDs in the fog lamps and started to worry they were throwing canbus errors or something.
__________________
'14 Citadel AWD 3.6L Sandstone/Tan
Tech, Tow, Captain Chairs
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-05-2013, 08:34 AM
davewg's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Medford, NJ
Posts: 806
Thanks: 100
Thanked 53 Times in 41 Posts
Rep Power: 140368
davewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DRL light goes out when blinker is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertrkr View Post
Thanks Dave. I started getting concerned as I just installed some high power LEDs in the fog lamps and started to worry they were throwing canbus errors or something.
No problem. Have you done any exploring on interior LEDs for the map/dome lights?

How about swapping out that subwoofer bin? I need to get it ordered so the dealer has it to do the swap for me prior to delivery. I've been struggling to figure out which is the right part number.
__________________
'14 Durango Limited AWD Deep Cherry Red
'05 Yukon XL Denali
'67 Corvette Stingray
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-05-2013, 08:51 AM
vertrkr's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Posts: 415
Thanks: 22
Thanked 100 Times in 68 Posts
Rep Power: 350073
vertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DRL light goes out when blinker is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewg View Post
No problem. Have you done any exploring on interior LEDs for the map/dome lights?
How about swapping out that subwoofer bin? I need to get it ordered so the dealer has it to do the swap for me prior to delivery. I've been struggling to figure out which is the right part number.
Started exploring the interior lights, I know which bulbs to get in theory but I'd really like to get the lens off first to double check. I'm stuck at this point for a few of them like the ones on the tailgate. Might wait until the service manual is released before I started pulling and prying.

For the cargo bin, the 2014 mopar catalog isn't out yet but assuming there is no change from 2013 the bin part is #5LC34XXXAC for $101.78 online, $148.00 list price. The parts diagram only shows the bin for the woofer but the part # is correct for the one with out with woofer. I've triple checked this on a few different sites.

DOOR TRIM PANEL FASTENER LEFT for 2013 Dodge Durango|5LC34XXXAC
__________________
'14 Citadel AWD 3.6L Sandstone/Tan
Tech, Tow, Captain Chairs
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vertrkr For This Useful Post:
  #6  
Old 10-05-2013, 09:44 AM
davewg's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Medford, NJ
Posts: 806
Thanks: 100
Thanked 53 Times in 41 Posts
Rep Power: 140368
davewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DRL light goes out when blinker is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertrkr View Post
Started exploring the interior lights, I know which bulbs to get in theory but I'd really like to get the lens off first to double check. I'm stuck at this point for a few of them like the ones on the tailgate. Might wait until the service manual is released before I started pulling and prying.

For the cargo bin, the 2014 mopar catalog isn't out yet but assuming there is no change from 2013 the bin part is #5LC34XXXAC for $101.78 online, $148.00 list price. The parts diagram only shows the bin for the woofer but the part # is correct for the one with out with woofer. I've triple checked this on a few different sites.

DOOR TRIM PANEL FASTENER LEFT for 2013 Dodge Durango|5LC34XXXAC
Thanks for that part number. Keep me (us) posted on LED progress for the interior, etc.
__________________

__________________
'14 Durango Limited AWD Deep Cherry Red
'05 Yukon XL Denali
'67 Corvette Stingray
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*NEW*XenonDepot 30W CREE LED Fog Light / DRL Bulbs - H11, 9006 & 5202/H16 - SAVE BIG! XenonDepot XenonDepot 87 04-04-2014 04:19 PM
Burnt DRL Light - moving to LEDs pora10 Interior/Exterior/Visual 2 11-26-2012 07:26 PM
Daytime Running Light Replacement DRL gmtaylor3 Interior/Exterior/Visual 8 10-07-2012 11:33 AM
Blinker problem wkjeepgirl86 Troubleshooting/Problems 2 03-12-2012 09:22 AM
blinker haircut Troubleshooting/Problems 5 01-26-2012 11:04 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community