Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > 2011+ Dodge Durango-WD

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 12-04-2013, 02:34 PM
vertrkr's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Posts: 421
Thanks: 22
Thanked 101 Times in 69 Posts
Rep Power: 350164
vertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond repute
Seat memory buttons illuminated?

Went to use it for the first time while driving at night and couldn't find the sucker for a bit. Just wanted to check if everyone else's is not illuminated either.
__________________

__________________
'14 Citadel AWD 3.6L Sandstone/Tan
Tech, Tow, Captain Chairs
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-04-2013, 03:11 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 154
Thanks: 13
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 442
fk186 is on a distinguished road
Re: Seat memory buttons illuminated?

Same here. Door handles, cup holders, and usb ports are lit up why not light up the memory seat buttons.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 313
Thanks: 9
Thanked 38 Times in 27 Posts
Rep Power: 639
Gtaz19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fk186 View Post
Same here. Door handles, cup holders, and usb ports are lit up why not light up the memory seat buttons.
It's still a dodge, so they are not going to spend the extra money to light up all the buttons. You can only use the memory while still anyway. But my wife's Audi has almost everything with writing lit at night. The dodge just doesn't. While they have made large strides in interior quality, they still have a ways to go.
__________________
______________________________
2014 Black R/T - 5.7L HEMI V8 AWD
Technology Group, Trailer Tow Group IV, Premium Nappa Leather Group, Second-Row Fold / Tumble Captain Chairs, Power Sunroof, Uconnect(R) 8.4 AN, 20-Inch X 8-Inch Polished / Painted Wheels
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 101
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 386
mcfarl58 is on a distinguished road
Re: Seat memory buttons illuminated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtaz19 View Post
It's still a dodge, so they are not going to spend the extra money to light up all the buttons. You can only use the memory while still anyway. But my wife's Audi has almost everything with writing lit at night. The dodge just doesn't. While they have made large strides in interior quality, they still have a ways to go.
I'll forward this on to my friend who works for Chrysler and is an interior lighting engineer. Good idea.

BTW, I've seen the project car that his team is working on (Chrysler 300 SRT8) and there are some pretty awesome lighting features that are in the works. Doesn't mean it's coming to market (that's up the execs and suppliers), but there's a few sweet features that I'd love to have (hint, hint, Puddle lights!!)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 313
Thanks: 9
Thanked 38 Times in 27 Posts
Rep Power: 639
Gtaz19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfarl58 View Post
I'll forward this on to my friend who works for Chrysler and is an interior lighting engineer. Good idea. BTW, I've seen the project car that his team is working on (Chrysler 300 SRT8) and there are some pretty awesome lighting features that are in the works. Doesn't mean it's coming to market (that's up the execs and suppliers), but there's a few sweet features that I'd love to have.
Then send her this too, I think it should be standard. 10 minute foot well RGB LED ambient lighting.

Page 2 has the good stuff
__________________
______________________________
2014 Black R/T - 5.7L HEMI V8 AWD
Technology Group, Trailer Tow Group IV, Premium Nappa Leather Group, Second-Row Fold / Tumble Captain Chairs, Power Sunroof, Uconnect(R) 8.4 AN, 20-Inch X 8-Inch Polished / Painted Wheels
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-04-2013, 04:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 101
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 386
mcfarl58 is on a distinguished road
Re: Seat memory buttons illuminated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtaz19 View Post
Then send her this too, I think it should be standard. 10 minute foot well RGB LED ambient lighting.

Page 2 has the good stuff
They're way ahead of you on that one.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-04-2013, 05:05 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 313
Thanks: 9
Thanked 38 Times in 27 Posts
Rep Power: 639
Gtaz19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfarl58 View Post
They're way ahead of you on that one.
Well other than on fords, I haven't seen it standard in this class or even as an option from Chrysler. So it would appear as though I am ahead of them...

The new Benz s-class has really nice interior lighting.
__________________
______________________________
2014 Black R/T - 5.7L HEMI V8 AWD
Technology Group, Trailer Tow Group IV, Premium Nappa Leather Group, Second-Row Fold / Tumble Captain Chairs, Power Sunroof, Uconnect(R) 8.4 AN, 20-Inch X 8-Inch Polished / Painted Wheels
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-04-2013, 05:36 PM
vertrkr's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Posts: 421
Thanks: 22
Thanked 101 Times in 69 Posts
Rep Power: 350164
vertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Seat memory buttons illuminated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtaz19 View Post
It's still a dodge...
I say that a lot in jest when I find things that aren't perfect. In fact it makes me happier. On my Mercedes I expected near perfection and was disappointed when ever I found something off.
__________________
'14 Citadel AWD 3.6L Sandstone/Tan
Tech, Tow, Captain Chairs
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 313
Thanks: 9
Thanked 38 Times in 27 Posts
Rep Power: 639
Gtaz19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertrkr View Post
I say that a lot in jest when I find things that aren't perfect. In fact it makes me happier. On my Mercedes I expected near perfection and was disappointed when ever I found something off.
I agree, if you purchased this car expecting a Mercedes quality interior, then you need to do more homework. You can get a Mercedes for almost 20K less than a loaded Durango with a nicer interior. If that's what you want, then go that route. My wife's cabriolet A4 is very luxurious inside, although I'll take the Uconnect over Audi/BMW/Mercedes infotainment all day.
__________________
______________________________
2014 Black R/T - 5.7L HEMI V8 AWD
Technology Group, Trailer Tow Group IV, Premium Nappa Leather Group, Second-Row Fold / Tumble Captain Chairs, Power Sunroof, Uconnect(R) 8.4 AN, 20-Inch X 8-Inch Polished / Painted Wheels
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-05-2013, 07:18 PM
MAXGroup's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 221
Thanks: 11
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 1124
MAXGroup has a reputation beyond reputeMAXGroup has a reputation beyond reputeMAXGroup has a reputation beyond reputeMAXGroup has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
While you can't expect Mercedes S class interior on a Durango, Chrysler will be wise to start closing the gap.
Some features (like remote start and the 8.4 screen) are better then most Mercedes models other then the S class.
Remote start not an option on any including the S.

Chrysler has the corporate know how to do phenomenal interiors, a quick trip to Maserati, or Ferrari, and small touches of interior materials and lighting will go a long way.
And a lot of the missing bits are not really expensive to add.

Technology and luxury sells!
__________________
Everyday I hope to learn something new and exciting
Most days I'm disappointed ......
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 313
Thanks: 9
Thanked 38 Times in 27 Posts
Rep Power: 639
Gtaz19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXGroup View Post
While you can't expect Mercedes S class interior on a Durango, Chrysler will be wise to start closing the gap. Some features (like remote start and the 8.4 screen) are better then most Mercedes models other then the S class. Remote start not an option on any including the S. Chrysler has the corporate know how to do phenomenal interiors, a quick trip to Maserati, or Ferrari, and small touches of interior materials and lighting will go a long way. And a lot of the missing bits are not really expensive to add. Technology and luxury sells!
I think if you look at the Chryslers From even 5 years ago, they were pretty shitty inside. I think they have already made major improvements. The interior of the new jeeps are pretty nice. I don't think you can really compare the interior of a car that starts below 30 to a car that starts above 80. It will take a few more years to catch up to higher end cars interiors because at the end of the day, cars take a while to develop and certain things take a while to get approved through corporate ladders.
__________________
______________________________
2014 Black R/T - 5.7L HEMI V8 AWD
Technology Group, Trailer Tow Group IV, Premium Nappa Leather Group, Second-Row Fold / Tumble Captain Chairs, Power Sunroof, Uconnect(R) 8.4 AN, 20-Inch X 8-Inch Polished / Painted Wheels
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-06-2013, 08:55 AM
davewg's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Medford, NJ
Posts: 814
Thanks: 104
Thanked 56 Times in 44 Posts
Rep Power: 140461
davewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Seat memory buttons illuminated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXGroup View Post
While you can't expect Mercedes S class interior on a Durango, Chrysler will be wise to start closing the gap.
Some features (like remote start and the 8.4 screen) are better then most Mercedes models other then the S class.
Remote start not an option on any including the S.

Chrysler has the corporate know how to do phenomenal interiors, a quick trip to Maserati, or Ferrari, and small touches of interior materials and lighting will go a long way.
And a lot of the missing bits are not really expensive to add.

Technology and luxury sells!
Very true.

I saw photo of a Maserati from the LA Autoshow, and the infotainment screen was very clearly UConnect 8.4N. It did not look all out of place in that, a car costing way more than our Durangos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtaz19 View Post
I think if you look at the Chryslers From even 5 years ago, they were pretty shitty inside. I think they have already made major improvements. The interior of the new jeeps are pretty nice. I don't think you can really compare the interior of a car that starts below 30 to a car that starts above 80. It will take a few more years to catch up to higher end cars interiors because at the end of the day, cars take a while to develop and certain things take a while to get approved through corporate ladders.
We had a 2001 T&C, which given the time, had a very nice interior. This was back when Chrysler was still the king of the minivan.

Granted, after that they had a period of down years. We wanted to purchase a second one in 2005, but could not get passed the cheaper feeling interior and the crappy comfort of the first generation of Stow and Go seats.

I actually prefer the look of the Durango interior to some of the MBs even if material quality is different. Then again, I'm not in MBs target market (even at the lower $ end). They're just not my cup of tea.
__________________

__________________
'14 Durango Limited AWD Deep Cherry Red
'05 Yukon XL Denali
'67 Corvette Stingray
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
illuminated buttons 1973Commando Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 8 10-18-2013 11:43 PM
Seat memory settings? zztopgun Tech Tips DIY/How To 2 10-06-2013 10:38 PM
memory seat problem louiej611@aol.com Troubleshooting/Problems 4 03-23-2012 07:25 AM
memory seat question... CVsWK2 Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 3 12-17-2011 03:39 PM
Adding memory seat+power pass seat gc4x4 Grand Cherokee - WK 2 09-24-2010 12:04 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community