Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > 2011+ Dodge Durango-WD

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #85  
Old 11-08-2013, 11:52 AM
JoeyD's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern NJ, USA
Posts: 518
Thanks: 50
Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
Rep Power: 14494
JoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laureljoke View Post

Very good spot. Odd, as it appears they show the same part number. Think I agree with you and like the angles better.
The Mopar site also shows the accelerator pedal being a bit tapered. however, the D's pedal is not. I'm guessing Mopar's pics are from a kit for a different model.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 11-10-2013, 11:59 AM
UncleGuy's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 113
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 547
UncleGuy is on a distinguished road
Re: Thoughts on my Granite D Citadel with Blu-Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyD View Post
And a few shots showing how the full center console "flips forward" to accommodate level loading floor:
You are the ONLY person in any Forum I've visited to point this out. None of the Dealers have mentioned it, and it was my first concern when considering the larger console. Thanks!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UncleGuy For This Useful Post:
  #87  
Old 11-10-2013, 04:29 PM
JoeyD's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern NJ, USA
Posts: 518
Thanks: 50
Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
Rep Power: 14494
JoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleGuy View Post

You are the ONLY person in any Forum I've visited to point this out. None of the Dealers have mentioned it, and it was my first concern when considering the larger console. Thanks!
Glad I could help. I specifically pointed that out because I had the same experience as you. I had decided that I would live with the apparent limitation of not having a level loading floor...and it wasn't until I read the manual (I had a little down time during my 3+ month wait) that I discovered the flip forward feature
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 11-10-2013, 06:53 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 313
Thanks: 9
Thanked 38 Times in 27 Posts
Rep Power: 654
Gtaz19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyD View Post
Glad I could help. I specifically pointed that out because I had the same experience as you. I had decided that I would live with the apparent limitation of not having a level loading floor...and it wasn't until I read the manual (I had a little down time during my 3+ month wait) that I discovered the flip forward feature
When I was planning on getting the console, I was playing in a 13 at the dealer and when I opened the console there was a little colored cardboard tag bungie corded to the top that told you to flip it forward when seats are folded. Do they not do this anymore?
__________________
______________________________
2014 Black R/T - 5.7L HEMI V8 AWD
Technology Group, Trailer Tow Group IV, Premium Nappa Leather Group, Second-Row Fold / Tumble Captain Chairs, Power Sunroof, Uconnect(R) 8.4 AN, 20-Inch X 8-Inch Polished / Painted Wheels
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 11-13-2013, 07:10 AM
JoeyD's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern NJ, USA
Posts: 518
Thanks: 50
Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
Rep Power: 14494
JoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Thoughts on my Granite D Citadel with Blu-Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtaz19 View Post
When I was planning on getting the console, I was playing in a 13 at the dealer and when I opened the console there was a little colored cardboard tag bungie corded to the top that told you to flip it forward when seats are folded. Do they not do this anymore?
Didn't see it "advertised" on the '13s at my dealer when I was shopping. I never knew about it until I read the manual.

In other news...

License plate frames!

OK...so license plate frames are about about as "ho-hum" as you can get for any mod, but we Durango owners know that for our vehicle, the rear back-up camera can actually make it challenging to find a license plate frame that "fits".

I thought I'd post this since others may be looking for a frame and if they like this particular finish, you'll know it fits without having to go through trial and error. I didn't want a chrome finish for the back, nor did I want any kind of plastic frame. I found this at my local AutoZone, but it's available at Amazon as well. It's a "black chrome" finish which I think compliments the granite crystal paint (and many other colors) nicely.

It comes with the screw caps for a nice clean finish. It's metal, but who knows how durable the finish is. But for $10, I won't mind changing it out every year if the finish is not durable. The fit is tight...but it does fit.

This post also gives me an excuse to post a pic of the tail lights. Yes, I know the pics include my actual temporary plate tag...but I don't see the need to black it out.

In NJ we have front plates as well...though I'm not sure yet if I'll try and put a bracket on top of the OEM plate mount. The OEM plate mount on the bumper cover is designed to hold the plate without an additional bracket. It might look cleaner in the front to just go without an additional frame. (Or maybe try vertkrk's "paint pen frame" mod. ). I'll have to wait for my actual plates to come in before I decide what to do up front.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_00000350.jpg (242.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_00000354.jpg (426.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_00000355.jpg (449.2 KB, 31 views)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 11-13-2013, 08:24 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 313
Thanks: 9
Thanked 38 Times in 27 Posts
Rep Power: 654
Gtaz19 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyD View Post
License plate frames!
Can't believe that fit. I had to take a hack saw to mine and cut out a section up top around the camera. I didn't think anything could fit. That's a nice looking frame.
__________________
______________________________
2014 Black R/T - 5.7L HEMI V8 AWD
Technology Group, Trailer Tow Group IV, Premium Nappa Leather Group, Second-Row Fold / Tumble Captain Chairs, Power Sunroof, Uconnect(R) 8.4 AN, 20-Inch X 8-Inch Polished / Painted Wheels
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 11-13-2013, 08:33 AM
JoeyD's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern NJ, USA
Posts: 518
Thanks: 50
Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
Rep Power: 14494
JoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Thoughts on my Granite D Citadel with Blu-Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtaz19 View Post
Can't believe that fit. I had to take a hack saw to mine and cut out a section up top around the camera. I didn't think anything could fit. That's a nice looking frame.
I must admit that I was surprised it fit as well. I think the fact that the edges are rounded / tapered and not squared off is what allows this particular frame to work.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 11-13-2013, 08:45 AM
vertrkr's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Posts: 422
Thanks: 22
Thanked 101 Times in 69 Posts
Rep Power: 350180
vertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond reputevertrkr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Thoughts on my Granite D Citadel with Blu-Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyD View Post
I must admit that I was surprised it fit as well. I think the fact that the edges are rounded / tapered and not squared off is what allows this particular frame to work.
That's the exact one I had and wouldn't fit. However, I had 4 rubber mounting cushions behind the plate the dealer or factory put on that were pretty thick. I could have trimmed those or used something else to get more clearance though.

Wait a minute, is that a paper plate? Mine did fit when I had the paper one from the dealer. When I got the steel plate things got too tight to fit.
__________________
'14 Citadel AWD 3.6L Sandstone/Tan
Tech, Tow, Captain Chairs
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 11-13-2013, 08:53 AM
davewg's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Medford, NJ
Posts: 814
Thanks: 104
Thanked 56 Times in 44 Posts
Rep Power: 140476
davewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Thoughts on my Granite D Citadel with Blu-Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyD View Post
Didn't see it "advertised" on the '13s at my dealer when I was shopping. I never knew about it until I read the manual.

In other news...

License plate frames!

OK...so license plate frames are about about as "ho-hum" as you can get for any mod, but we Durango owners know that for our vehicle, the rear back-up camera can actually make it challenging to find a license plate frame that "fits".

I thought I'd post this since others may be looking for a frame and if they like this particular finish, you'll know it fits without having to go through trial and error. I didn't want a chrome finish for the back, nor did I want any kind of plastic frame. I found this at my local AutoZone, but it's available at Amazon as well. It's a "black chrome" finish which I think compliments the granite crystal paint (and many other colors) nicely.

It comes with the screw caps for a nice clean finish. It's metal, but who knows how durable the finish is. But for $10, I won't mind changing it out every year if the finish is not durable. The fit is tight...but it does fit.

This post also gives me an excuse to post a pic of the tail lights. Yes, I know the pics include my actual temporary plate tag...but I don't see the need to black it out.

In NJ we have front plates as well...though I'm not sure yet if I'll try and put a bracket on top of the OEM plate mount. The OEM plate mount on the bumper cover is designed to hold the plate without an additional bracket. It might look cleaner in the front to just go without an additional frame. (Or maybe try vertkrk's "paint pen frame" mod. ). I'll have to wait for my actual plates to come in before I decide what to do up front.
That looks slick. We have a plastic one from the selling dealer that I'm not married to keeping. I agree for the price you can't beat it, or the look.

Interestingly the frame the dealer used fits no problem. When we get our NJ plate I'll have to look and see if there are any bushings used in the mounting bracket.

I haven't bothered to consider the front since we don't have real plates yet.

And, Joey, you can, ahem, show off your tails whenever you damn well feel like it
__________________
'14 Durango Limited AWD Deep Cherry Red
'05 Yukon XL Denali
'67 Corvette Stingray
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 11-13-2013, 09:00 AM
JoeyD's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern NJ, USA
Posts: 518
Thanks: 50
Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
Rep Power: 14494
JoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Thoughts on my Granite D Citadel with Blu-Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertrkr View Post
Wait a minute, is that a paper plate? Mine did fit when I had the paper one from the dealer. When I got the steel plate things got too tight to fit.
I am thinking the same thing...yes, that is the paper temp tag and perhaps with the actual plate it will be too tight. Maybe it will take a dremel or hack/saw to get it to fit at that point. Will let y'all know.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 11-13-2013, 09:02 AM
Laureljoke's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Indiana, headed to TX
Posts: 453
Thanks: 37
Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 141361
Laureljoke has a reputation beyond reputeLaureljoke has a reputation beyond reputeLaureljoke has a reputation beyond reputeLaureljoke has a reputation beyond reputeLaureljoke has a reputation beyond reputeLaureljoke has a reputation beyond reputeLaureljoke has a reputation beyond reputeLaureljoke has a reputation beyond reputeLaureljoke has a reputation beyond reputeLaureljoke has a reputation beyond reputeLaureljoke has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyD View Post

I must admit that I was surprised it fit as well. I think the fact that the edges are rounded / tapered and not squared off is what allows this particular frame to work.
Like others here, I really like the look. Hope when your metal plates arrive you will let us know if their thickness provides any additional challenges. I was NOT a fan of the taillights initially, but I'm definitely coming around. All the positive feedback has certainly swayed my opinion
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 11-13-2013, 09:02 AM
davewg's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Medford, NJ
Posts: 814
Thanks: 104
Thanked 56 Times in 44 Posts
Rep Power: 140476
davewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond reputedavewg has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Thoughts on my Granite D Citadel with Blu-Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertrkr View Post
Wait a minute, is that a paper plate? Mine did fit when I had the paper one from the dealer. When I got the steel plate things got too tight to fit.
Great point...
__________________

__________________
'14 Durango Limited AWD Deep Cherry Red
'05 Yukon XL Denali
'67 Corvette Stingray
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
citadel

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Citadel With Blu-Ray - Initial Impressions bigtimmo 2011+ Dodge Durango-WD 60 11-25-2013 02:46 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community