Re: Powder coating vs plasti dipped rims
The powder coat I'm sure is more durable, but I went with plasti dip. the way i look at it...
1. its still pretty damn durable...and easily touched up if not up to your durability standards.
2. it cost less than 20 bucks.
3. looks good...can also do flat or go glossy using the glossifier on top.
4. its removable if you ever decide to change back or sell your wheels.
5. if im spending $400 to powder coat OEM wheels.. I rather just spend a little more if not the same via craigslist or ebay on a nicer aftermarket set that I dont have to worry about painting/pd'ing/or powder coating.
just my opinion though.
2008 4.7L V8 WK - ORT
BLACK l 2" Daystar Lift l 1.5" Spidertrax Wheel Spacers l 265/70/17 Cooper Discoverer AT3s l
Pinch Weld Mod l 25% Front Tint l Fogs l Black Shorty Antenna l
PD'd Wheels & Emblems l WeatherTech Digital Liners l Drop in K&N