Should I worry? - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK > Troubleshooting/Problems

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 09-05-2015, 08:52 PM
Jeff1119's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Staten Island, New York
Posts: 293
Thanks: 32
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 1059
Jeff1119 is on a distinguished road
Should I worry?

Got a flat and put the factory jack under. Jack broke on me and was stuck so moved the jeep up and factory end of the jack pushed into the guard on the gas tank as you can see. It seems like a little dent in the guard in the picture but no gas is leaking or anything. Do you think it might have cause the damaged to the gas tank if its pushed in like that or is pushing into the tank?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (369.3 KB, 28 views)

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 09-05-2015, 10:31 PM
Strongjeff's Avatar
Project Six Shooter

My Jeep: 2008 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Alpena, MI
Posts: 8,844
Thanks: 393
Thanked 651 Times in 586 Posts
Rep Power: 324053
Strongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Should I worry?

no harm to the tank, all you did was dent the plate over it as the tanks itself is plastic
__________________
URL]
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-05-2015, 11:05 PM
Jeff1119's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Staten Island, New York
Posts: 293
Thanks: 32
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 1059
Jeff1119 is on a distinguished road
Re: Should I worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongjeff View Post
no harm to the tank, all you did was dent the plate over it as the tanks itself is plastic
Thanks appreciate the response. I stuck a plastic tie in one of the holes at the end of the plate and moved it around the bent in area and it moved freely so it doesn't seem that the plate was bent in to deep to touch the tank. Also, my tpm sensor is blinking saying "check tpm system" for 3 minutes when starting the jeep but afterwards goes back to system ok but the light stays on. I'm guessing because the tire with the sensor is off the vehicle and the spare is in its place? When I get the tire patched tomorrow and place it back on the jeep, would I have to drive around to get it to sync to the system again and turn the light off or does the system need to be reset? Usually when I had low pressue, I would fill up the tire and the light would go out, no driving needed. This is the first time though that I have removed the tire from the jeep and drove with a spare
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-05-2015, 11:11 PM
Strongjeff's Avatar
Project Six Shooter

My Jeep: 2008 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Alpena, MI
Posts: 8,844
Thanks: 393
Thanked 651 Times in 586 Posts
Rep Power: 324053
Strongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1119 View Post

Thanks appreciate the response. I stuck a plastic tie in one of the holes at the end of the plate and moved it around the bent in area and it moved freely so it doesn't seem that the plate was bent in to deep to touch the tank. Also, my tpm sensor is blinking saying "check tpm system" for 3 minutes when starting the jeep but afterwards goes back to system ok but the light stays on. I'm guessing because the tire with the sensor is off the vehicle and the spare is in its place? When I get the tire patched tomorrow and place it back on the jeep, would I have to drive around to get it to sync to the system again and turn the light off or does the system need to be reset? Usually when I had low pressue, I would fill up the tire and the light would go out, no driving needed. This is the first time though that I have removed the tire from the jeep and drove with a spare
Just throw the wheel with the sensor back on. The system will reset on its own in about 10 miles
__________________
URL]
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-06-2015, 02:07 PM
Jeff1119's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Staten Island, New York
Posts: 293
Thanks: 32
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 1059
Jeff1119 is on a distinguished road
Re: Should I worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongjeff View Post
Just throw the wheel with the sensor back on. The system will reset on its own in about 10 miles
yup just got it fixed today and light reset, thanks!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What should I do?? What should I do??? Blueflame1979 Grand Cherokee - WK 12 05-31-2011 07:22 PM
Where should i put my dumps? heehawbus Performance Modifications 25 06-30-2009 06:52 PM
Should I drill vent holes in my tinted tails? tman4024 Visual Modifications 26 06-25-2009 03:40 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.