Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK > Interior/Exterior/Visual

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #73  
Old 10-21-2013, 07:58 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 132
Thanks: 58
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 558
hotspur is on a distinguished road
Re: Floor mats / Cargo Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porknbeans View Post
I'm happy with them. I've got a black interior so the color match wasn't too tough to hit. The only thing I would have liked more would have been to have the mats extend further up the wheel well. Side to side they fit extremely well.

I posted a pic earlier in the thread and can post another if you would like, or pm me.

We ordered Lund Catch-It floor mats, front and rear, for our 2014 Overland, as Lund has discontinued the excellent Catch-All mats we had in our 2007 Nissan Murano. Firstly, the Catch-It mats are very inferior to the Catch-All mats, smaller in size and with a very small lip all around that will not keep slush, snow, sand, salt etc., from getting onto the vehicle's carpeting.

Secondly, one of the mats simply does not fit right. The passenger's side footwell has two hooks at the sides of the footwell to hold the floor mat in place. The Catch-It has only one "bubble" in the center of the mat to accommodate a single hook in the center of the footwell, so the mat does not sit flat on the floor and is not anchored with any hooks. This is strange as the driver's side mat does have two "bubbles" in the correct places to mate with the hooks on the floor.

We called Lund to tell them the passenger mat didn’t fit properly and were told to “just step on it and it will eventually lie flat.” We then sent photographs to illustrate the problem with the hooks and the response we received was that the mats "are correct" and Lund "will not be making a change until the new body style comes out."

Porknbeans, does your passenger side front mat have the two "bubbles" to fit the hooks? I'm going to send ours back if they don't have one that fits.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 10-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 73
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 610
Porknbeans is on a distinguished road
Re: Floor mats / Cargo Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotspur View Post
We ordered Lund Catch-It floor mats, front and rear, for our 2014 Overland, as Lund has discontinued the excellent Catch-All mats we had in our 2007 Nissan Murano. Firstly, the Catch-It mats are very inferior to the Catch-All mats, smaller in size and with a very small lip all around that will not keep slush, snow, sand, salt etc., from getting onto the vehicle's carpeting.

Secondly, one of the mats simply does not fit right. The passenger's side footwell has two hooks at the sides of the footwell to hold the floor mat in place. The Catch-It has only one "bubble" in the center of the mat to accommodate a single hook in the center of the footwell, so the mat does not sit flat on the floor and is not anchored with any hooks. This is strange as the driver's side mat does have two "bubbles" in the correct places to mate with the hooks on the floor.

We called Lund to tell them the passenger mat didn’t fit properly and were told to “just step on it and it will eventually lie flat.” We then sent photographs to illustrate the problem with the hooks and the response we received was that the mats "are correct" and Lund "will not be making a change until the new body style comes out."

Porknbeans, does your passenger side front mat have the two "bubbles" to fit the hooks? I'm going to send ours back if they don't have one that fits.
My passenger side mat has one bubble, not two. I called Lund to ask about that as well and they told me the same thing. My driver side stays put very well but the passenger side does slide around. If someone else made a carpeted all weather mat I probably would have sent them back. I'm happy with what I have but choices are slim.
__________________

__________________
Grand High Poobah of The Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 10-21-2013, 12:48 PM
Shannon's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Lakeville, MN
Posts: 1,306
Thanks: 222
Thanked 177 Times in 106 Posts
Rep Power: 9751
Shannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Floor mats / Cargo Liner

I really like the X-act fit from Husky - nice rubber feel, and laser fit like the competition. Sent back the weather beaters, as they are plastic like the weather tech. Now just need my Ecodiesel to put them in.
__________________
SFU: : 2014 Overland 4X4 EcoDiesel, Billet Silver/Black. ORAII, Adv Tech, Engine Heater, 2000 coats of paint
Picked up 11/14


Current Ride:
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Ecodiesel
2007 Wrangler (wife's ride)
2008 20' Four Winns bow rider speed boat
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 10-21-2013, 01:11 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,366
Thanks: 31
Thanked 79 Times in 72 Posts
Rep Power: 43810
lstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Floor mats / Cargo Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porknbeans View Post
My passenger side mat has one bubble, not two. I called Lund to ask about that as well and they told me the same thing. My driver side stays put very well but the passenger side does slide around. If someone else made a carpeted all weather mat I probably would have sent them back. I'm happy with what I have but choices are slim.
Yeek, thanks for that.
I'd been considering the Lund because I would prefer the carpeted top instead of the Weathertech full rubber--but I have sort of a bad attitude for poor customer relations.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 10-21-2013, 02:21 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 132
Thanks: 58
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 558
hotspur is on a distinguished road
Re: Floor mats / Cargo Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstowell View Post
Yeek, thanks for that.
I'd been considering the Lund because I would prefer the carpeted top instead of the Weathertech full rubber--but I have sort of a bad attitude for poor customer relations.
Part of the problem may be that the front mats are labeled to also fit the Durango, and perhaps the Durango has only one hook in the center of the footwell. Lund's customer relations were abysmal. Very disappointing.

Yes, the carpeted Lund Catch-Alls were just about perfect--rubber protection but covered in carpet and they filled the entire footwell. The Catch-Its are too small, too short around the edges, and the fit isn't correct.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 10-21-2013, 05:46 PM
Raptor's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 535
Thanks: 1
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 2375
Raptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Floor mats / Cargo Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotspur View Post
We ordered Lund Catch-It floor mats, front and rear, for our 2014 Overland, as Lund has discontinued the excellent Catch-All mats we had in our 2007 Nissan Murano. Firstly, the Catch-It mats are very inferior to the Catch-All mats, smaller in size and with a very small lip all around that will not keep slush, snow, sand, salt etc., from getting onto the vehicle's carpeting.

Secondly, one of the mats simply does not fit right. The passenger's side footwell has two hooks at the sides of the footwell to hold the floor mat in place. The Catch-It has only one "bubble" in the center of the mat to accommodate a single hook in the center of the footwell, so the mat does not sit flat on the floor and is not anchored with any hooks. This is strange as the driver's side mat does have two "bubbles" in the correct places to mate with the hooks on the floor.

We called Lund to tell them the passenger mat didn’t fit properly and were told to “just step on it and it will eventually lie flat.” We then sent photographs to illustrate the problem with the hooks and the response we received was that the mats "are correct" and Lund "will not be making a change until the new body style comes out."

Porknbeans, does your passenger side front mat have the two "bubbles" to fit the hooks? I'm going to send ours back if they don't have one that fits.
Yes I miss the Catch-All carpeted mats as well....... Your issue on the passenger side is because all 2011~2012 WK2 Grand Cherokees came with one centered hook on the passenger side to secure the OEM mat. Lund designed their mats to work w/this setup.

Then Jeep redesigned the pass. side floor mat to have two hooks just like the drivers side on 2013~2014 WK2's, so Lund mats are made to fit the original Jeep design and not the newer two hook design. Other manufacturers have three "bubbles" or hook indents to accommodate both the old and newer hook patterns found on all 2011~2014 WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokees.

IF Lund's solution is "step on it" I would find a different floor mat manufacturer!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 10-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 446
mannichine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
IF Lund's solution is "step on it" I would find a different floor mat manufacturer!
Absolutely right! It says enough to me to not even consider them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 10-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 73
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 610
Porknbeans is on a distinguished road
Re: Floor mats / Cargo Liner

What would everyone suggest for a carpeted all season mat, not a rubber/vinyl mat? It's easy to say Lund is handling this incorrectly (they are) and their customer service is poor (I agree).
__________________
Grand High Poobah of The Fraternal Order of Procrastinators
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 10-22-2013, 11:33 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
AGFNTB is on a distinguished road
Re: Floor mats / Cargo Liner

I wish we had found this forum a week ago. We purchased the Lund Catch-its for my wife's 2014 GC and found the same oddities that are being discussed here. I called Autoanything today to discuss a return/ replacement. They are going to talk to Lund to see if they are correct for the 2014 model and get back to me. I guess I know what the Lund response will be.

For anyone else considering these, here are some pics I took to send to Autoanything.



__________________
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 10-23-2013, 08:40 AM
Chunderboy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,023
Thanks: 0
Thanked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Rep Power: 77964
Chunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Floor mats / Cargo Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGFNTB View Post
I wish we had found this forum a week ago. We purchased the Lund Catch-its for my wife's 2014 GC and found the same oddities that are being discussed here. I called Autoanything today to discuss a return/ replacement. They are going to talk to Lund to see if they are correct for the 2014 model and get back to me. I guess I know what the Lund response will be.

For anyone else considering these, here are some pics I took to send to Autoanything.




Not quite sure how they don't see the problem. Or, they totally do and don't care bc of the cost associated with re-tooling the machines to make them fit.

More and more I am thinking about going with the mopar ones.
__________________
2013 E-Group 4x4 in True Blue
Front and rear Blackhorse bumper guards
2013 Sahara Unlimited Anniversary wheels wrapped in 255/70R18 Bridgestone Dueler
Updated to 430N RHB Radio w/NAV
Crazy with the Plasti-dip
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 10-24-2013, 11:18 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 591
williams7170 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
I really like the X-act fit from Husky - nice rubber feel, and laser fit like the competition. Sent back the weather beaters, as they are plastic like the weather tech. Now just need my Ecodiesel to put them in.
Shannon, just curious if you purchased the x-act from husky direct? I don't think they were available through carid. Also, what color did you order/ color interior. Just curious.
I plan on getting the x-act plus the molar cargo. It will be nice, I can lay them down in the garage where my jeep should be. Hoping they ship soon.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 10-25-2013, 11:38 AM
antsjeep's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 831
Thanks: 3
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 8804
antsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Floor mats / Cargo Liner

i just purchased a set of mats from Rugged Ridge. I gotta say they fit like a glove up front. I cant wait to put them to use this winter when the snow starts falling. I highly recommend people to check them out. I only paid $70 shipped for the fronts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200974944430...84.m1439.l2649
__________________

__________________
2014 - Altitude - Billet Silver
5k vled led fogs, 15% tint, Mopar Slush Mats & Cargo Mat, Blk Lock Nuts
Ready for install:
Overland Mesh Inserts, DDM 5k HID Kit, JL 250/1
Next: 1.5" Bora Spacers, JL Stealth Box, SRT Springs, 2" Hitch

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Floor /Cargo Mats Robby52 Interior/Exterior/Visual 95 05-06-2013 10:39 AM
NEED Recomendations for Cargo Liner and Floor Mats Discount80 Interior/Exterior/Visual 29 01-16-2012 06:21 PM
huskey weather beater mats and cargo liner patschamps2004 Interior/Exterior/Visual 11 03-22-2011 09:56 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community