Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2014 BUILD - BEGINNING STAGES
Hey everyone! I have started to build my WK2 Jeep and wanted to see if anyone from the jeep garage had any input and help for some things I am struggling with!
1. Replaced upper front Grille with T-Rex Grille- Absolutely love this- very easy to complete mod. Looking to replace the lower as well once I receive Rigid light Radiance bar I am going to put underneath the grille so that is shines through. I am also going to put the Rigid SAE Compliant Duallys in....if I can figure out how to make it work! Has anyone been able to complete this?
2. Painted lower bumper matte black....this was a long shot. It has held up pretty well but not as well as I would like. Looking to see if anyone has done this and their experience with it! I did sand it, prime, and paint and it took an entire weekend.....I live on the coast so I think the sal****er just destroys it as fast as I can fix it.
3. Sprayed back tail lights with VHT Night Shades (3 coats) Also sprayed the tail light bezels matte black.
4. Removed all badges from the vehicle with a heat gun and fishing line. Turned out very well. I sanded, primed, and painted the badge on the back of the Jeep with the same matte black spray. Still holding up perfectly. Some of the other badges on the jeep (side grand cherokee, front) did show some signs of removal but once I buffed and waxed it was completely smooth and there was no sign of original badge.
Window Tint: Additional 15% all around on top of factory tint.
Mods I want to complete:
1. Chrome window sill- changing to matte black
Has anyone completed this on their own? Looking for some help with tape size. I completed a test window but the rear windows have larger sill widths and it makes it difficult to tape unless it is cut....looking for any advice I can get here.
2. Replacing:side view mirrors- paint match, door handles - paint match, adding XO Tokyo 22s.
3. K&N Intake
4. Does anyone know of any good performance mods for the 3.6 L? I realize its not a V8 but I am dying for some sound of out this thing!
think that's it for now....well thats never it for now as all of you guys know!!!!!