Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK > Interior/Exterior/Visual

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #8377  
Old 08-15-2014, 09:10 AM
greenwayer's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2005 6.4L WK
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 2,457
Thanks: 53
Thanked 106 Times in 93 Posts
Rep Power: 9250
greenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What did you do to your WK today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex47er View Post
scratch that last post i might be moving to texas soon. let you guys know wussup tomorrow

What???!!! My jeep buddy is leaving me?! Noooo......


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________

__________________
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 6.4L (The beast) (Fastest lifted WK) The Sparkly Build
2012 BMW X5 Turbo'ed (The b*tch)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L (Ol' reliable)
Reply With Quote
  #8378  
Old 08-15-2014, 09:34 AM
Alex47er's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2006 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,528
Thanks: 74
Thanked 151 Times in 143 Posts
Rep Power: 167453
Alex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond reputeAlex47er has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: What did you do to your WK today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwayer View Post
What???!!! My jeep buddy is leaving me?! Noooo......


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
For a few months I'll be back and its still not 100% its a lot of planning right now
__________________

__________________
2006 Jeep 3.7 JGC RT6

Too many mods to list just check out my build THREAD !
Reply With Quote
  #8379  
Old 08-15-2014, 10:31 AM
Truck.Norris's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2006 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The Atl
Posts: 528
Thanks: 12
Thanked 53 Times in 49 Posts
Rep Power: 677
Truck.Norris is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: What did you do to your WK today?

When I took the Idle Air Control valve out of the TB, it was kinda gummed up with black (idk -looked like soot) sploog. Can/should I clean that off? (What should I use?) I didn't have anything with me to do it.
__________________
Silver 2006 WK, 3.7, named Truck Norris (my first mod), Pioneer DEH-X6600BT, K&N 77-1545 CAI, SRT rear sway bar, EnergySuspension bushings, Fastman TB.
@TruckNorris

The original code-name for the "Manhattan Project" was "Truck Norris"
Reply With Quote
  #8380  
Old 08-15-2014, 10:50 AM
JeepFreak12's Avatar
Black Widow
My Jeep: 2010 6.1L SRT8
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Roseville, Michigan
Posts: 2,027
Thanks: 203
Thanked 125 Times in 112 Posts
Rep Power: 8165
JeepFreak12 has a reputation beyond reputeJeepFreak12 has a reputation beyond reputeJeepFreak12 has a reputation beyond reputeJeepFreak12 has a reputation beyond reputeJeepFreak12 has a reputation beyond reputeJeepFreak12 has a reputation beyond reputeJeepFreak12 has a reputation beyond reputeJeepFreak12 has a reputation beyond reputeJeepFreak12 has a reputation beyond reputeJeepFreak12 has a reputation beyond reputeJeepFreak12 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: What did you do to your WK today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck.Norris View Post
When I took the Idle Air Control valve out of the TB, it was kinda gummed up with black (idk -looked like soot) sploog. Can/should I clean that off? (What should I use?) I didn't have anything with me to do it.
Id clean it. To be safe you could use like a Mass Airflow sensor cleaner.
__________________
2010 Brilliant Black SRT8: MODS = To much to list! Check out My Build
Instagram: 2010darthvader
Reply With Quote
  #8381  
Old 08-15-2014, 11:20 AM
Truck.Norris's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2006 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The Atl
Posts: 528
Thanks: 12
Thanked 53 Times in 49 Posts
Rep Power: 677
Truck.Norris is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: What did you do to your WK today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepFreak12 View Post
Id clean it. To be safe you could use like a Mass Airflow sensor cleaner.
Cool! Thanks. Can I just go to NAPA and get some MAF sensor cleaner? Is it the same as carb/choke cleaner?
__________________
Silver 2006 WK, 3.7, named Truck Norris (my first mod), Pioneer DEH-X6600BT, K&N 77-1545 CAI, SRT rear sway bar, EnergySuspension bushings, Fastman TB.
@TruckNorris

The original code-name for the "Manhattan Project" was "Truck Norris"
Reply With Quote
  #8382  
Old 08-15-2014, 11:48 AM
JeepFreak12's Avatar
Black Widow
My Jeep: 2010 6.1L SRT8
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Roseville, Michigan
Posts: 2,027
Thanks: 203
Thanked 125 Times in 112 Posts
Rep Power: 8165
JeepFreak12 has a reputation beyond reputeJeepFreak12 has a reputation beyond reputeJeepFreak12 has a reputation beyond reputeJeepFreak12 has a reputation beyond reputeJeepFreak12 has a reputation beyond reputeJeepFreak12 has a reputation beyond reputeJeepFreak12 has a reputation beyond reputeJeepFreak12 has a reputation beyond reputeJeepFreak12 has a reputation beyond reputeJeepFreak12 has a reputation beyond reputeJeepFreak12 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: What did you do to your WK today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck.Norris View Post
Cool! Thanks. Can I just go to NAPA and get some MAF sensor cleaner? Is it the same as carb/choke cleaner?
Napa should have it. I think the chemicals inside it are different. Id get MAF cleaner if they have it.
__________________
2010 Brilliant Black SRT8: MODS = To much to list! Check out My Build
Instagram: 2010darthvader
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JeepFreak12 For This Useful Post:
  #8383  
Old 08-15-2014, 05:24 PM
Truck.Norris's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2006 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The Atl
Posts: 528
Thanks: 12
Thanked 53 Times in 49 Posts
Rep Power: 677
Truck.Norris is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: What did you do to your WK today?

I had a chance to test out the new TB. There is a noticeable difference, but I still have a dead spot at 30 mph. Like when I'm going 30, and I step on it (to pass someone or something like that), it's sloth-slow to 40. Beyond 40, it's fine. The tranny's not slipping (well I know what that feels like, and it doesn't feel the same.). Would a dirty MAF sensor cause that?
__________________
Silver 2006 WK, 3.7, named Truck Norris (my first mod), Pioneer DEH-X6600BT, K&N 77-1545 CAI, SRT rear sway bar, EnergySuspension bushings, Fastman TB.
@TruckNorris

The original code-name for the "Manhattan Project" was "Truck Norris"
Reply With Quote
  #8384  
Old 08-15-2014, 05:43 PM
Rkirk's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2006 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bend, OR
Posts: 272
Thanks: 0
Thanked 33 Times in 31 Posts
Rep Power: 4879
Rkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What did you do to your WK today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck.Norris View Post
I had a chance to test out the new TB. There is a noticeable difference, but I still have a dead spot at 30 mph. Like when I'm going 30, and I step on it (to pass someone or something like that), it's sloth-slow to 40. Beyond 40, it's fine. The tranny's not slipping (well I know what that feels like, and it doesn't feel the same.). Would a dirty MAF sensor cause that?

When you go WOT to pass or whatnot, is your trans kicking down? Cruising @ ~30 would be in a higher gear to keep the R's low and if you're not kicking down a gear or 2 you'll make no power until it climbs to the higher RPM's. Did you address your cable tension? It's possible that pedal down isn't truly WOT. A live feed obd2 scanner would allow you to monitor the TPS, with KOEO you can stab the pedal and see if the reading is the same as manually actuating the butterfly to WOT. Just an easy place to start before diving into more complicated and potentially expensive repairs.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8385  
Old 08-15-2014, 07:00 PM
Truck.Norris's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2006 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The Atl
Posts: 528
Thanks: 12
Thanked 53 Times in 49 Posts
Rep Power: 677
Truck.Norris is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: What did you do to your WK today?

@Rkirk: I have a bunch of dumb questions (hopefully I'm not the ONLY one)
"When you go WOT to pass or whatnot, is your trans kicking down?..."
WOT=Wide Open Throttle?
No, prolly 80-90%

Kicking down?
I know what that is, but how do I know if it is?

"Cruising @ ~30 would be in a higher gear to keep the R's low and if you're not kicking down a gear or 2 you'll make no power until it climbs to the higher RPM's."
That sounds JUST LIKE what's happening....

I bought an OBD2 scanner and an iPhone app. I messed w/it a *little*, but couldn't connect the two. It was just a quick attempt. It came w/a CD, but it's only for Windows based PCs...

@Strongjeff was right: I shoulda paid the $49.00 for the scanned the proggie recommended...

Thanks for the help, Rkirk! I really appreciate your knowledge and help!!!
__________________
Silver 2006 WK, 3.7, named Truck Norris (my first mod), Pioneer DEH-X6600BT, K&N 77-1545 CAI, SRT rear sway bar, EnergySuspension bushings, Fastman TB.
@TruckNorris

The original code-name for the "Manhattan Project" was "Truck Norris"
Reply With Quote
  #8386  
Old 08-15-2014, 07:07 PM
Rkirk's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2006 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bend, OR
Posts: 272
Thanks: 0
Thanked 33 Times in 31 Posts
Rep Power: 4879
Rkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What did you do to your WK today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck.Norris View Post
@Rkirk: I have a bunch of dumb questions (hopefully I'm not the ONLY one)
"When you go WOT to pass or whatnot, is your trans kicking down?..."
WOT=Wide Open Throttle?
No, prolly 80-90%

Kicking down?
I know what that is, but how do I know if it is?

"Cruising @ ~30 would be in a higher gear to keep the R's low and if you're not kicking down a gear or 2 you'll make no power until it climbs to the higher RPM's."
That sounds JUST LIKE what's happening....

I bought an OBD2 scanner and an iPhone app. I messed w/it a *little*, but couldn't connect the two. It was just a quick attempt. It came w/a CD, but it's only for Windows based PCs...

@Strongjeff was right: I shoulda paid the $49.00 for the scanned the proggie recommended...

Thanks for the help, Rkirk! I really appreciate your knowledge and help!!!

Affirm, WOT is wide open throttle. Kicking down in reference to transmission, should kick down a gear or 2, you'll know it has because you should feel your Jeep sort of jolt when the lower gear is engaged. If you want to manually do it so you know what it'll feel like, just slap over into manual and drop a gear and you'll know what I'm referring to. Is the app and scanner one of the wifi obd2 modules? I have one of them and works great for basic stuff, I like the dash command app for using it but it can be a bit tricky to set up the connection properly. It's compatible with my Pioneer HU so I can run that app on my screen which is just a cool bonus. If that's the hardware you have let me know and I'll post up the settings you'll need to make it link properly. Hope I covered all your Q's, if not, repeat til I copy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8387  
Old 08-15-2014, 07:09 PM
Rkirk's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2006 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bend, OR
Posts: 272
Thanks: 0
Thanked 33 Times in 31 Posts
Rep Power: 4879
Rkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond reputeRkirk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What did you do to your WK today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkirk View Post
Affirm, WOT is wide open throttle. Kicking down in reference to transmission, should kick down a gear or 2, you'll know it has because you should feel your Jeep sort of jolt when the lower gear is engaged. If you want to manually do it so you know what it'll feel like, just slap over into manual and drop a gear and you'll know what I'm referring to. Is the app and scanner one of the wifi obd2 modules? I have one of them and works great for basic stuff, I like the dash command app for using it but it can be a bit tricky to set up the connection properly. It's compatible with my Pioneer HU so I can run that app on my screen which is just a cool bonus. If that's the hardware you have let me know and I'll post up the settings you'll need to make it link properly. Hope I covered all your Q's, if not, repeat til I copy.

One more inquiry, do your gear indicator boxes ever illuminate simultaneously?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8388  
Old 08-15-2014, 07:19 PM
Truck.Norris's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2006 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The Atl
Posts: 528
Thanks: 12
Thanked 53 Times in 49 Posts
Rep Power: 677
Truck.Norris is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: What did you do to your WK today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkirk View Post
Affirm, WOT is wide open throttle. Kicking down in reference to transmission, should kick down a gear or 2, you'll know it has because you should feel your Jeep sort of jolt when the lower gear is engaged. If you want to manually do it so you know what it'll feel like, just slap over into manual and drop a gear and you'll know what I'm referring to. Is the app and scanner one of the wifi obd2 modules? I have one of them and works great for basic stuff, I like the dash command app for using it but it can be a bit tricky to set up the connection properly. It's compatible with my Pioneer HU so I can run that app on my screen which is just a cool bonus. If that's the hardware you have let me know and I'll post up the settings you'll need to make it link properly. Hope I covered all your Q's, if not, repeat til I copy.
Ok, so I understand kicking down. I use it all the time when someone is following me too close...

The app is DashCommand.
Here's the OBDII scanner:
HTH...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (323.7 KB, 6 views)
__________________

__________________
Silver 2006 WK, 3.7, named Truck Norris (my first mod), Pioneer DEH-X6600BT, K&N 77-1545 CAI, SRT rear sway bar, EnergySuspension bushings, Fastman TB.
@TruckNorris

The original code-name for the "Manhattan Project" was "Truck Norris"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got Schooled today by a V QuickOne Grand Cherokee SRT8 - WK 79 06-27-2011 10:28 PM
Totaled the WJ today bill38jeep Grand Cherokee - WJ 40 11-23-2010 08:39 AM
What can I do today??? Bslagle05 Detailing 47 06-23-2009 04:15 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community