Originally Posted by Alex47er
How come you don't go with HIDs?
1. Can you give me a brand name?
2. What are Xenon Halogen Lights?
3. Do I buy Low Beam or High Beam?
4. What are blue coated halogens by the way? (Nighthawk Sport?)
5. What about LED's, HIR's or Halogen's?
5. Can I buy them on Rockauto is there a better place?
I don't know squat about lights.
I want something that looks blue, but not too too bright as too blind people.
I read this:
The higher the temperature rating in kelvin the more intense the tinge in the light. So as a little guide:
For a definite blue you want an 8000 to 12000k
For a white you want 5000 to 8000k
A 12000k bulb is basically indigo and after this they tend to go feminine and purple.
The 100w are not approved for road use but do add up to 100% more light than standard halogens, the 55w add upto 50% more light.
Has anyone tried 8k, 10k or 12k Blue bulbs and what brand where they/do you suggest?