Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK > Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 08-29-2014, 02:49 PM
monsterWK's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 51
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 117
monsterWK is on a distinguished road
4.7L performance parts questions

Hey guys again i'm just curious on some 4.7l parts.. I have in mind the superchips flashpaq, k&n intake, fastman throttle body, flowmaster muffler.. Anything else i am missing here for the best performance for my 05 4.7l Wk? Maybe injectors or something idk, any useful input would be greatly appreciated thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-29-2014, 02:58 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bay Village, OH
Posts: 953
Thanks: 10
Thanked 63 Times in 59 Posts
Rep Power: 1677
14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 4.7L performance parts questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterWK View Post
Hey guys again i'm just curious on some 4.7l parts.. I have in mind the superchips flashpaq, k&n intake, fastman throttle body, flowmaster muffler.. Anything else i am missing here for the best performance for my 05 4.7l Wk? Maybe injectors or something idk, any useful input would be greatly appreciated thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Well, if u r going this far, get a Billet Tech Oil Catch Can.....
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-29-2014, 03:00 PM
monsterWK's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 51
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 117
monsterWK is on a distinguished road
Re: 4.7L performance parts questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14SummitHemi View Post
Well, if u r going this far, get a Billet Tech Oil Catch Can.....

Lol anything else besides a catch can pal?


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-30-2014, 08:45 AM
Kman09JGC's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2009 4.7L WK
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Twinsburg, Ohio
Posts: 258
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 2285
Kman09JGC has a reputation beyond reputeKman09JGC has a reputation beyond reputeKman09JGC has a reputation beyond reputeKman09JGC has a reputation beyond reputeKman09JGC has a reputation beyond reputeKman09JGC has a reputation beyond reputeKman09JGC has a reputation beyond reputeKman09JGC has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 4.7L performance parts questions

I your going to do something first. Go with superchips programmer. Then I would to K&N and Fastman TB. Another important mod aftermarket shocks and struts and srt swaybars. Your are on the right track. If you have the cash go for them all. Once you start it will be hard to stop.lol Good luck!
__________________
09 laredo 4.7 28x w/ QD2 Superchip 91 Perf tune w/trans app, K&N CAI, jet 180 tstat, Bilstein 5100 struts and shocks, srt8 front & rear swaybars, Bwoody End Links, 255/65/17 General Grabber at2's, Sprint Booster.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-30-2014, 09:02 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bay Village, OH
Posts: 953
Thanks: 10
Thanked 63 Times in 59 Posts
Rep Power: 1677
14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterWK View Post

Lol anything else besides a catch can pal?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Actually, just a comment on the tune. Don't know if the one u r eyeing is a custom tune or canned one but Hemifever may offer a custom one for you...benefit is they email u the canned starter and have you go drive it so data is recorded specific to your mod and driving mix and setup.... U email data to them and they tweak it and it's awesome....if u go this route do the tune absolutely last so that their tinkering takes all the mods into account.....just a thought if u r really into maxing out the "wakeup" of your motor...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-30-2014, 09:48 AM
monsterWK's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 51
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 117
monsterWK is on a distinguished road
Re: 4.7L performance parts questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman09JGC View Post
I your going to do something first. Go with superchips programmer. Then I would to K&N and Fastman TB. Another important mod aftermarket shocks and struts and srt swaybars. Your are on the right track. If you have the cash go for them all. Once you start it will be hard to stop.lol Good luck!

I was thinking about doing a lift and tires last, may i ask u what this srt sway bar does?


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-30-2014, 09:49 AM
monsterWK's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 51
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 117
monsterWK is on a distinguished road
Re: 4.7L performance parts questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14SummitHemi View Post
Actually, just a comment on the tune. Don't know if the one u r eyeing is a custom tune or canned one but Hemifever may offer a custom one for you...benefit is they email u the canned starter and have you go drive it so data is recorded specific to your mod and driving mix and setup.... U email data to them and they tweak it and it's awesome....if u go this route do the tune absolutely last so that their tinkering takes all the mods into account.....just a thought if u r really into maxing out the "wakeup" of your motor...

Honestly i might just do all my modifications then find someone who can tune for a lift, bigger tires, intake, muffler, an stuff like that


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-30-2014, 09:52 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bay Village, OH
Posts: 953
Thanks: 10
Thanked 63 Times in 59 Posts
Rep Power: 1677
14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute14SummitHemi has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterWK View Post

Honestly i might just do all my modifications then find someone who can tune for a lift, bigger tires, intake, muffler, an stuff like that

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
That's Hemifever....check em out...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-30-2014, 10:06 AM
Kman09JGC's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2009 4.7L WK
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Twinsburg, Ohio
Posts: 258
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 2285
Kman09JGC has a reputation beyond reputeKman09JGC has a reputation beyond reputeKman09JGC has a reputation beyond reputeKman09JGC has a reputation beyond reputeKman09JGC has a reputation beyond reputeKman09JGC has a reputation beyond reputeKman09JGC has a reputation beyond reputeKman09JGC has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterWK View Post

I was thinking about doing a lift and tires last, may i ask u what this srt sway bar does?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
SRT swaybars are from the srt 8 jeep they are thicker than the stock ones and help with body roll when cornering. I bought mine from justforjeeps.com
__________________
09 laredo 4.7 28x w/ QD2 Superchip 91 Perf tune w/trans app, K&N CAI, jet 180 tstat, Bilstein 5100 struts and shocks, srt8 front & rear swaybars, Bwoody End Links, 255/65/17 General Grabber at2's, Sprint Booster.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-30-2014, 10:07 AM
Kman09JGC's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2009 4.7L WK
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Twinsburg, Ohio
Posts: 258
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 2285
Kman09JGC has a reputation beyond reputeKman09JGC has a reputation beyond reputeKman09JGC has a reputation beyond reputeKman09JGC has a reputation beyond reputeKman09JGC has a reputation beyond reputeKman09JGC has a reputation beyond reputeKman09JGC has a reputation beyond reputeKman09JGC has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterWK View Post

Honestly i might just do all my modifications then find someone who can tune for a lift, bigger tires, intake, muffler, an stuff like that

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
If you do lift and bigger tires the programmer can help tire size adjustment for speedometer.
__________________
09 laredo 4.7 28x w/ QD2 Superchip 91 Perf tune w/trans app, K&N CAI, jet 180 tstat, Bilstein 5100 struts and shocks, srt8 front & rear swaybars, Bwoody End Links, 255/65/17 General Grabber at2's, Sprint Booster.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-30-2014, 10:17 AM
monsterWK's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 51
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 117
monsterWK is on a distinguished road
Re: 4.7L performance parts questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14SummitHemi View Post
That's Hemifever....check em out...

U have their tune? Ill def check it out when i get by a computer, currently im at the beach near my phone thats it


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-30-2014, 10:19 AM
monsterWK's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 51
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 117
monsterWK is on a distinguished road
Re: 4.7L performance parts questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman09JGC View Post
SRT swaybars are from the srt 8 jeep they are thicker than the stock ones and help with body roll when cornering. I bought mine from justforjeeps.com

Ill def look into this, thank you, is there anything else i can get? I havent found any HO cams for sale, maybe u guys know a site or something that sells them


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wj performance parts Tanner505 Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust 0 01-16-2013 12:58 PM
3.0 L V6 CRD - Performance Parts Help matrix Performance Modifications 1 09-18-2012 08:43 PM
CAI Intake Performance and Performance Chip White Chocolate Performance Modifications 25 02-14-2011 09:12 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.