hardest part of the PW mod for me was heat molding the fender liner to look stock.
You will definitely need a rivet gun and some plastic rivets to replace the side skirt rivets in the wheel wells. You'll see what i mean when you go to peel back the fender liners.
I know what you're talking about. I didn't bother putting rivets back in because it had the one on top so I just tucked it back in and it stays there just fine for me.
Mods so far: 6k HID lows and fogs, LED license plate lights, LED revers lights, 2 10 inch type Rs, 2 1.600PDX, air dam removed, 4XGuard front skid plate, 5% tint all around, LED tail lights, Saguaro 3/4inch tow hooks, Red LED foot well lights, Pioneer AVIC-Z120B Headunit, 17" Flat Black Pro Comp Rims, OME MD Lift, BFG KM2s 265/70/17, 1.5" Spidertrax Spacers, Rolla Roof Rack, Pinch Weld Mod
Mods to come: 2 12" DC Level 4s, Kicker speakers upgrade, tow hitch shackle
-Pinch weld mod, CHECK.
-Spray misc. undercarriage parts with bed liner spray, CHECK.
-Paint calibers and spacers with high temp spray, CHECK.
-Spray Rubicon rims and mount, CHECK.
This took up must the afternoon and into the night. Wheels came out a little glossier than i anticipated but never the less look amazing! Everything went smooth and came out great! Thanks to OBXjeep for coming up and helping out. You da bomb big cuz!
--P.S. this computer is not letting me rotate or caption the pictures I posted for whatever reason. Just cover your left eye and tilt your head to the left, should be pretty clear whats happening in the picture. lol. As I said this went well into the night and I couldn't get a good picture of the improved WK, so you guys will have to wait till tomorrow when I can post up some more pics. (Try not to lose any sleep over it). Here is how the project took place, Enjoy.
1. Cut out plastic around the pinch mod.
2. I used a sawzaw to make cuts into the pinch weld about every inch so it would be easy to bend.
3. Bent pinch weld tabs over with pliers as far as I could so hammer time would be a little easier.
4. Hammer time! Beat the tabs with a decent size mallet.
5. Took a grinder over tabs to ensure there would be no rough or sharp edges.
6. Screwed loose plastic back into metal.
7. Spray exposed metal with truck bed liner spray.
-Done!! Did all these steps to both driver and passenger side.
--I also removed the non threaded portion of the screw that hangs above/behind the tire and smoothed over with grinder.
1. Clean both sides with soap and water; let dry.
2. Sand with a light sand paper.
3. Dust off wheel and put playing cards between the tire/rim to minimize overspray. (Hat off to whoever got bored when they were playing solitare on their tire. This method of masking off a rim kicks ass).
4. Applied 3 coats black duplicolor wheel paint.
5. Applied 2 coats clear duplicolor wheel paint.
6. Mount onto Jeep.
--I decided to leave the center "Jeep" cap alloy as well as the lug nuts. I think it made the black rim pop and I have not seen anyone else with theirs like that. (No offense if yours are, I just have not SEEN anyone else's like that).
OBXjeep did the painting, thanks alot for coming up today big cuz! I will come down to do the pinch weld mod with you if ya need a hand.
i wish i lived closer to you guys, i would have joined you in the PW mod... im tired of mine rubbing at full lock also, but im just too damn busy to get that mod done these days!!
1 \/\ WK ... i like the way those rims turned out painted black... i was thinking about leaving the center cap sil to match the jeep but i painted mine black, im glad you left yours, looks good i like it!
- Rough Country 2" Lift - BFG ATKO 265/70/R17 - 1.5" Spidertraxx - Bilstein shocks/struts - Pioneer DVD/GPS/BT/iPOD Head Unit- BLACKED OUT BADGES - Custom Flash light mount - 6K HID HL & FL - AFE Stage II CAI - PROF. BLACKED OUT 3rd - Commander shift knob - JEEP Slush Mats - shorty BLACKED OUT antenna - BLACKED OUT rims - BLACKED OUT gas cap - Custom Front light / pre runner bar - 3 Hella 5000k HID BRIGHT ASS lights - SuperChip 3875 - Ported Throttle Body - 4XGuard Front -