Exahust manifold leak - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK > Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 09-18-2014, 03:18 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 886
jchulski19 is on a distinguished road
Exahust manifold leak

I Took my JEEP to the dealer this past week with an exhaust leak and not surprisingly i have a couple broken studs on the manifold. Stealer quoted me $910 to fix everything they didn't quote what everything was which kinda pissed me off! I went to a local exhaust shop and got a quote from them, they wanted $350 for labor to extract all broken studs and replace but they wont know if I need a manifold until everything is taken apart. So my question to all you forum members is should I wait till everything is taken apart and see if I need new manifolds or should I order a used pair off of EBAY? If i wait to see I will have to get them from the dealer which are gonna cost me $240 a side!

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 09-18-2014, 05:35 AM
Sleeps's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2005 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,111
Thanks: 0
Thanked 71 Times in 64 Posts
Rep Power: 582186
Sleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchulski19 View Post
I Took my JEEP to the dealer this past week with an exhaust leak and not surprisingly i have a couple broken studs on the manifold. Stealer quoted me $910 to fix everything they didn't quote what everything was which kinda pissed me off! I went to a local exhaust shop and got a quote from them, they wanted $350 for labor to extract all broken studs and replace but they wont know if I need a manifold until everything is taken apart. So my question to all you forum members is should I wait till everything is taken apart and see if I need new manifolds or should I order a used pair off of EBAY? If i wait to see I will have to get them from the dealer which are gonna cost me $240 a side!
Depends on what engine you have for what options you'll have. Rockauto is a great site if you need to get a replacement. Stay away form the dealerships lol.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-18-2014, 05:36 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 886
jchulski19 is on a distinguished road
Re: Exahust manifold leak

ohhh yeah lol I have the 5.7 and I can't seem to find the manifolds other than ebay and the dealer.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-18-2014, 05:47 AM
Sleeps's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2005 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,111
Thanks: 0
Thanked 71 Times in 64 Posts
Rep Power: 582186
Sleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchulski19 View Post
ohhh yeah lol I have the 5.7 and I can't seem to find the manifolds other than ebay and the dealer.
Could always just upgrade to 6.1 headers.. lol if not im putting on LTs on my hemi here in a week and you could have my logs. No cracks or anything that i can hear. If you dont mind waiting a little for them.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-18-2014, 05:51 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 886
jchulski19 is on a distinguished road
Re: Exahust manifold leak

I would love to put 6.1 headers on mine I just cant afford that right now. My old saturn completely burned me of my savings account with 4 converters, valve cover gaskets and cover, thermostat, and throttle body completely drained my savings account in less then 2 weeks all because VW decided to team up with GM on making a motor. If your logs arnt warped or cracked I will gladly take them off your hands!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-18-2014, 06:11 AM
Sleeps's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2005 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,111
Thanks: 0
Thanked 71 Times in 64 Posts
Rep Power: 582186
Sleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchulski19 View Post
I would love to put 6.1 headers on mine I just cant afford that right now. My old saturn completely burned me of my savings account with 4 converters, valve cover gaskets and cover, thermostat, and throttle body completely drained my savings account in less then 2 weeks all because VW decided to team up with GM on making a motor. If your logs arnt warped or cracked I will gladly take them off your hands!
Well ill send you a pm on here when i get the headers off if you still need them. Im just waiting on the new LTs to be shipped and after they get here should be 2 or 3 days later for when i install them.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-18-2014, 01:28 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 886
jchulski19 is on a distinguished road
Wait am I getting headers or am I getting the stock logs lol? Either is fine lol would really love to have headers lol.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-18-2014, 02:17 PM
Sleeps's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2005 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,111
Thanks: 0
Thanked 71 Times in 64 Posts
Rep Power: 582186
Sleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond reputeSleeps has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchulski19 View Post
Wait am I getting headers or am I getting the stock logs lol? Either is fine lol would really love to have headers lol.
Lol stock logs..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Manifold exhaust leak? HANKTHETANK Troubleshooting/Problems 10 01-30-2012 09:27 AM
4.7L exhaust manifold leak question Bigdiesel74 Grand Cherokee - WK 14 11-03-2010 11:07 PM
4.7L V8 Manifold Leak - First Generation socalwk Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion 4 10-11-2010 02:03 AM
Exhaust manifold leak...broken bolts? mjl2610 Grand Cherokee - WK 4 09-27-2010 09:48 PM
exhaust manifold leak??? ernieburn9 Grand Cherokee - WK 10 06-05-2010 01:29 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.