Header Gasket Change
About 1/4 of the way into my last 2000+ mile trip I developed an exhaust leak at the header flange at the No. 1 cylinder. I ended up driving it maybe 1500 miles that way. After I discovered it, I took it into 3 different shops and no one would touch it, or it would take 2 days to fix it, at a cost of ~$400 plus. I had the last guy put it on the rack and make sure the leak wasn't going to dump hot gases onto any of the wiring. He said it wouldn't, so I drove it home, without a problem.
I didn't feel like tackling the job, so I took it to my son's shop and had him do it. It ended up taking him he better part of a day to get the header off, scrape the gasket material off the head and header, and put the new gasket on with new bolts and a little high temp. thread lock seal. The problem was caused by loose header flange bolts. He checked the passenger side too and found those bolts also quite loose. When he gets some time I'll have him change those bolts too. Here's a couple pix of both sides of the bad gasket.
05 LX/RT and 06 WK/GCO, (modded similarly) with MDS "ON" Light, Vortex Gens, Debadged, DashHawk, BT Catch Can, SRT CAI W/Add Air Inlet, K&N Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tuning App, DS Tuner, Cust tubular headers w/3 in. catback, Bilsteins, SRT frt/rear bumpers, Eibach SRT Lwr Sprgs & Sways, FRI Sidewinder Cam Adv 2*, 6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK 85mm TB, SOS Coils/.060 spark plug gap.