Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK > Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #25  
Old 04-03-2013, 07:37 AM
Adomac's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2006 5.7L
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 547
Adomac is on a distinguished road
Re: New Comp Cam 260 after dyno results

Ok, so it looks as tho I hav LX manifolds on my grand cherokee (or maybe SRT-8? I don't know what they look like) as the manifolds have almost a 3" outlet. I can't tell by a modified mid pipe because my exhaust guy made me a custom unit from manifolds back, but the O2 sensor is in the "y" pipe. I'm pretty happy with that find! With these style manifolds, custom 3" exhaust, k&n intake and custom diablosport trinity tune for 98ron fuel (most other tunes I've found online are for 93ron) what would u guys anticipate I'd make at the wheels out of my girl? .... I can't wait for my trinity to arrive and get her on the dyno!!!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-03-2013, 06:16 PM
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2006 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Home of the Mountain Blue Bird
Posts: 1,008
Thanks: 0
Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Rep Power: 154943
jeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Comp Cam 260 after dyno results

That's great if you have the LX'ers on your Aussie Jeep. That'll make it about like a stock LX, unless the muffler(s) are considerably different. The complete stockers (2WD) normally put out ~275-300 rwhp. The stock LX has true 2 1/4 in. tube duals with a single two in/out triple pass muffler and resonators. The Daytona Charger has the same setup, except the muffler is straight through. They (DCX) claimed an additional 10-15 hp from that setup. That, along with the JBA shorty headers and high flow cats. is what I have on my LX. I never dyno'ed mine (for a daily driver I think it's a waste of $$$) and have "guesstimated" based on those LX'ers that have dyno'ed theirs in similar configurations. I am also at ~3000 ft. elevation, so my numbers would be somewhat lower.
__________________

__________________
05 LX/RT & 06 WK/GCO, modded similarly, MDS "ON" Light, Vortex Gens, Debadged, DashHawk, BT Catch Can, SRT CAI W/Add Air Inlet, K&N Filter, Sonnax Trans Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tuning App, DS Tuner, Cust tube headers w/3 in. catback, Bilsteins, SRT frt/rear bumpers, Eibach SRT Lwr Sprgs & Sways, FRI Sidewinder Cam Adv 2*, 6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK 90mm TB, SOS Coils/.060 plug gaps. 20 in. SRT Reps.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-18-2013, 09:38 PM
HEMI35's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2007 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chile
Posts: 64
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 985
HEMI35 is on a distinguished road
Re: New Comp Cam 260 after dyno results

there's a build thread here that did something like you want:
Combats Build Thread
__________________
HEMI35
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-27-2013, 01:16 AM
Roddy's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2005 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 959
Roddy is on a distinguished road
Re: New Comp Cam 260 after dyno results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adomac View Post
Ok, so it looks as tho I hav LX manifolds on my grand cherokee (or maybe SRT-8? I don't know what they look like) as the manifolds have almost a 3" outlet. I can't tell by a modified mid pipe because my exhaust guy made me a custom unit from manifolds back, but the O2 sensor is in the "y" pipe. I'm pretty happy with that find! With these style manifolds, custom 3" exhaust, k&n intake and custom diablosport trinity tune for 98ron fuel (most other tunes I've found online are for 93ron) what would u guys anticipate I'd make at the wheels out of my girl? .... I can't wait for my trinity to arrive and get her on the dyno!!!
Mate, your Diablo tuner is not going to work on a "WH" export model 5.7L Hemi.....it will not recognise the VIN. Mike Litsch, Technical Director at Diablosport should tell you that. I made the same mistake and returned the tuner back to Diablo....was I pissed ?....yowzaaahh !

Buy the Superchips flashpaq....it's the real deal for the WH
I live in Western Australia.
__________________
WH GCL 5.7 Functional steering wheel, gas pedal & brakes. Massive Hemi grunt. (Left the hemi badges on).
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-22-2013, 11:33 PM
Adomac's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2006 5.7L
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 547
Adomac is on a distinguished road
Re: New Comp Cam 260 after dyno results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
Mate, your Diablo tuner is not going to work on a "WH" export model 5.7L Hemi.....it will not recognise the VIN. Mike Litsch, Technical Director at Diablosport should tell you that. I made the same mistake and returned the tuner back to Diablo....was I pissed ?....yowzaaahh !

Buy the Superchips flashpaq....it's the real deal for the WH
I live in Western Australia.
Thanks roddy, I looked into it after seeing your reply and when I contacted diablosport they apologised profusely.

Thanks for the heads up.

Does the superchips flashpaq allow for custom tunes?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-23-2013, 05:06 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 836
Thanks: 1
Thanked 29 Times in 25 Posts
Rep Power: 1658971
Gojeep has a reputation beyond reputeGojeep has a reputation beyond reputeGojeep has a reputation beyond reputeGojeep has a reputation beyond reputeGojeep has a reputation beyond reputeGojeep has a reputation beyond reputeGojeep has a reputation beyond reputeGojeep has a reputation beyond reputeGojeep has a reputation beyond reputeGojeep has a reputation beyond reputeGojeep has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Comp Cam 260 after dyno results

You might want to take a lot at my WH 5.7 and the header setup I have used. I'm afraid all WH 5.7's came with the same exhaust manifold here in Australia and the tube size is not as big as you think as is double walled.
Grand Willys project
__________________

My web site below:
www.go.jeep-xj.info

Invention is a combination of brains and materials.
The more brains you use, the less materials you need!
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 06-23-2013, 04:56 PM
Adomac's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2006 5.7L
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 547
Adomac is on a distinguished road
Re: New Comp Cam 260 after dyno results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojeep View Post
You might want to take a lot at my WH 5.7 and the header setup I have used. I'm afraid all WH 5.7's came with the same exhaust manifold here in Australia and the tube size is not as big as you think as is double walled.
Grand Willys project

Wow! They look great. Thanks for this info. I was enquiring about custom headers and got quoted around 1500! Where abouts did u order your headers from and did they clear the steering assembly on the right hand side of the vehicle or did they need modification?

Do all the oxygen sensors match up properly?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-23-2013, 08:25 PM
Adomac's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2006 5.7L
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 547
Adomac is on a distinguished road
Re: New Comp Cam 260 after dyno results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adomac View Post
Wow! They look great. Thanks for this info. I was enquiring about custom headers and got quoted around 1500! Where abouts did u order your headers from and did they clear the steering assembly on the right hand side of the vehicle or did they need modification?

Do all the oxygen sensors match up properly?
Ok sorry, I've just spent the last couple of hours going through your thread and realised your doing a willys jeep with WH 5.7 in it. Awesome modification work bud! ... Looking at your donor car befor you pulled it apart, do u think the headers would clear the steering assembly or do u think i would have to modify them?

Cheers.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-24-2013, 03:33 AM
Roddy's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2005 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 959
Roddy is on a distinguished road
Re: New Comp Cam 260 after dyno results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adomac View Post
Thanks roddy, I looked into it after seeing your reply and when I contacted diablosport they apologised profusely.

Thanks for the heads up.

Does the superchips flashpaq allow for custom tunes?
No, the Flashpaq has several canned tunes...i.e. 87 Octane & 91 Octane performance tunes....transmission also tunable I believe (which you don't get with the Diablo).
Some of the Guys on Ausjeepoffroad run the Flashpaq's.
Maybe someone stateside is doing custom tunes for the Flashpaq...but I haven't heard of any.

Roddy
__________________
WH GCL 5.7 Functional steering wheel, gas pedal & brakes. Massive Hemi grunt. (Left the hemi badges on).
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-24-2013, 04:30 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 836
Thanks: 1
Thanked 29 Times in 25 Posts
Rep Power: 1658971
Gojeep has a reputation beyond reputeGojeep has a reputation beyond reputeGojeep has a reputation beyond reputeGojeep has a reputation beyond reputeGojeep has a reputation beyond reputeGojeep has a reputation beyond reputeGojeep has a reputation beyond reputeGojeep has a reputation beyond reputeGojeep has a reputation beyond reputeGojeep has a reputation beyond reputeGojeep has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Comp Cam 260 after dyno results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adomac View Post
Ok sorry, I've just spent the last couple of hours going through your thread and realised your doing a willys jeep with WH 5.7 in it. Awesome modification work bud! ... Looking at your donor car befor you pulled it apart, do u think the headers would clear the steering assembly or do u think i would have to modify them?

Cheers.
The steering will be in the exact same place as the WH donor as using the firewall/floor etc. I have measured both sides to see if it is run differently and looks to be just a mirror image so don't expect a problem. At the worse I will add an extra steering joint to route around any interference rather than alter the pipes. Time will tell.

I got the headers and mid pipes from eBay. Bought them from these guys. OBX Long Tube Catted Exhaust Headers Jeep SRT8 6 1L V8 SRT 8 | eBay
__________________

__________________

My web site below:
www.go.jeep-xj.info

Invention is a combination of brains and materials.
The more brains you use, the less materials you need!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dyno results of 2006 Jeep Grand cherokee limited Combat Grand Cherokee - WK 10 12-16-2012 10:56 AM
B&G tuned PCM dyno results ACEofSRT Tuners/CMR/Dyno/Datalogging/Gauges 25 08-24-2012 10:40 AM
Does anyone have dyno results from exhaust AND CAI on the V6? SightSeeker Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts 0 04-17-2012 09:55 AM
dyno results before engine break-in mandan007 Performance Modifications 4 12-22-2009 12:03 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community