Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK > Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #25  
Old 04-02-2014, 05:25 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 183
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 8491
Unobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do I get more suspension travel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwayer View Post
Take it to someone else not the dealership that installed the shocks, get an outside opinion. What you are describing is not normal from speed bumps and turns. Take the tech for a ride along so you can show him the problem. Also measure the hub to fender length.
Hub to fender?
Anyway, the dealership tech says he felt the same "fighting" sensation on left-hand turns as I did. I thought that was just how a Jeep felt with the 4x4 system they use, but apparently the wheel should turn smoothly instead of "struggling". This is my first (and last) Jeep 4x4, so I was ignorant of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
thats ridiculous...


how many miles on this? there is NO WAY that your shaft should be dinging up the bottom of your shock- its connected to the lower control arm that goes up and down with your cv axle.. is there any way you can get a pic of the whole suspension on that side? your shocks should never take a beating and as far as bottoming out youd hit your bumpstops and not your cv axle shaft on the bottom of the shock body.
It's got a ton of miles for a Jeep from what I understand. I'm about to hit 72K miles, and had hoped to get to 100K before scrapping it, but my friends all said it would fall apart before then and I would spend thousands and thousands if I wanted to prove them wrong, and this + randomly stalling = they were right. I've lost a bet. Rare occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwayer View Post
No Jeep is not understanding your problem there is no way it should be hitting the shock like that when just going over a speed bump. I understand your frustrated but you can't make a judgement on an entire model based on your broken one.
But I can get rid of it and get into a better ride. I was warned about the Fiats. I did not listen. Now I am paying for it. I won't let it nickel and dime me. If the dealer cannot figure out what's wrong with it, I'm selling. It has a clean carfax and LOOKS like a nice vehicle...and N23 was done and 4x4 still works. Total selling points.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-02-2014, 05:28 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,659
Thanks: 41
Thanked 98 Times in 91 Posts
Rep Power: 44200
lstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do I get more suspension travel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongjeff View Post
Something still does not sound right. Hows your ball joints and bushings look? And it only does it turning left or bumps. Check also your sway bar endlinks and those bushings too.
Agree something is really fishy. That same setup can allow considering parking lot curbs, medians, as mere "advisory markings".
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 183
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 8491
Unobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do I get more suspension travel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstowell View Post
Agree something is really fishy. That same setup can allow considering parking lot curbs, medians, as mere "advisory markings".
My Corvette handled it better. Dealership just got in touch with me and after tearing it all down say everything "looks in place", but yet they replicate the issues (except the dying).

I'm letting them keep it through the end of tomorrow and having their front end specialists look at it. If they can't find it, I'm dumping it for a better ride. I don't have either the time or the patience for Chryslerproblems.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-02-2014, 06:30 PM
Strongjeff's Avatar
Project Six Shooter
My Jeep: 2008 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Songwon, South Korea
Posts: 6,391
Thanks: 173
Thanked 292 Times in 281 Posts
Rep Power: 13141
Strongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
My Corvette handled it better. Dealership just got in touch with me and after tearing it all down say everything "looks in place", but yet they replicate the issues (except the dying).

I'm letting them keep it through the end of tomorrow and having their front end specialists look at it. If they can't find it, I'm dumping it for a better ride. I don't have either the time or the patience for Chryslerproblems.
I wouldn't give up just yet.
__________________
2008 JGC, Grey Stone Metallic SRT-6
MODS-http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/project-six-shooter-build-thread-68955.html
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-02-2014, 06:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 183
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 8491
Unobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do I get more suspension travel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongjeff View Post
I wouldn't give up just yet.
It randomly dies and the suspension is so dicked that even the dealership can't figure it out in a day. It's NOT looking like a vehicle I want to own.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-02-2014, 06:42 PM
greenwayer's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2005 6.4L WK
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 3,060
Thanks: 71
Thanked 150 Times in 128 Posts
Rep Power: 9953
greenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongjeff View Post
I wouldn't give up just yet.
Jeff honestly it doesn't seem like he's up to the task of owning a jeep. No disrespect intended unobtanium but american cars DO have their problems and it is a known fact. We love and drive them regardless because of their personality. Now I'm not saying imports are flawless but in general on average they have less problems than late model jeeps. My jeep blew a valve seat at 100k miles and needs a new motor. Its costing me thousands and I am swapping it out for a bigger better motor and I'm happy to do so. On the other hand my other jeep a 98 zj is still going strong with 200k on the odo and has no problems. If your looking just to get from point a to point b maybe it's not the car for you. Honestly if you want to sell it that's totally up to you. Also your jeep was made when Mercedes Benz owned chrysler. The wk was totally designed under Benz ownership.
__________________
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 6.4L (The beast) (Fastest lifted WK) The Sparkly Build
2012 BMW X5 Turbo'ed (The b*tch)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L (Ol' reliable)
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 04-02-2014, 06:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 183
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 8491
Unobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do I get more suspension travel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwayer View Post
Jeff honestly it doesn't seem like he's up to the task of owning a jeep. No disrespect intended unobtanium but american cars DO have their problems and it is a known fact. We love and drive them regardless because of their personality. Now I'm not saying imports are flawless but in general on average they have less problems than late model jeeps. My jeep blew a valve seat at 100k miles and needs a new motor. Its costing me thousands and I am swapping it out for a bigger better motor and I'm happy to do so. On the other hand my other jeep a 98 zj is still going strong with 200k on the odo and has no problems. If your looking just to get from point a to point b maybe it's not the car for you. Honestly if you want to sell it that's totally up to you. Also your jeep was made when Mercedes Benz owned chrysler. The wk was totally designed under Benz ownership.
I get that. I figured as much. My problem is that they can keep my vehicle for a whole day at the place that services and sells them, and shrug their shoulders and say "It sure is dicked up, man...but...um...yeah. Here are the keys."

That's unacceptable.

If something breaks. Fine. Let's fix it. But don't shrug and tell me *I dunno*. Shit, I could do that in the driveway for free without even looking at it. It's easy. "I dunno".

That's what I'm hacked off about. Chrysler gremlins. The thing dies. It has a shake to the steering-wheel. The axle is bending the mounting point on the shock..."but we dunno...".

THAT is my problem. Things break. Sure. Got it. But it shouldn't be a game of 20 questions with a mime to figure out what needs to be fixed.

This is not a Benz. It's an American motor in an American vehicle backed by an American transmission. Maybe they designed the moon-roof in Germany or something, but you're fooling yourself if you think this is a piece of fine German automobile except for some tidbit like that.

You might be right about me. I don't get off on playing guessing games with my wallet. The Jeep probably is not for me in this case, if they cannot tell me tomorrow what went wrong and why.

Again, yeah, stuff breaks. But stuff shouldn't be so far out in left field that you get a shrug and "I dunno" from the dealer. I mean, how do I know this thing won't snap some something and send me into a guardrail at 75mph some fine sunny day? I don't. It could. It's something to do with the suspension/steering/diff and every tech who touches it agrees and none of them have a clue what. So who's to say?

Probably going to end up in something from Toyota by the end of the year. Got my eye on the FJ Cruiser. THAT has personality. It also doesn't have a reputation for randomly stalling, having a messed up driveline, or any of the other Chrysler items. Personality is interesting in that it can be good...or bad. So far, I am very pleased with how my jeep would drive and run if it drove and ran.

*ETA: Just saw that you technically stated the Jeep was made while Benz owned Chrysler vs. they designed/made the WK. Well...there is a REASON Benz DUMPED Chrysler. I think we've all dated a few duds in the past...

The fact that the newest vehicle you bought of the SUV kind is a BMW and not a Jeep says more than your words ever could

I don't tolerate screw ups. I am not a person who gets paid to screw up. I screw up VERY MINIMALLY and VERY RARELY. When I do, there is a failure analysis, and typically corrective action. I suppose that has bled over into my expectations of others as well as machinery. Probably a personality quirk of my own that may/may not be desirable. Right now, it's causing me some severe irritation.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-02-2014, 07:10 PM
Strongjeff's Avatar
Project Six Shooter
My Jeep: 2008 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Songwon, South Korea
Posts: 6,391
Thanks: 173
Thanked 292 Times in 281 Posts
Rep Power: 13141
Strongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post

I get that. I figured as much. My problem is that they can keep my vehicle for a whole day at the place that services and sells them, and shrug their shoulders and say "It sure is dicked up, man...but...um...yeah. Here are the keys."

That's unacceptable.

If something breaks. Fine. Let's fix it. But don't shrug and tell me *I dunno*. Shit, I could do that in the driveway for free without even looking at it. It's easy. "I dunno".

That's what I'm hacked off about. Chrysler gremlins. The thing dies. It has a shake to the steering-wheel. The axle is bending the mounting point on the shock..."but we dunno...".

THAT is my problem. Things break. Sure. Got it. But it shouldn't be a game of 20 questions with a mime to figure out what needs to be fixed.

This is not a Benz. It's an American motor in an American vehicle backed by an American transmission. Maybe they designed the moon-roof in Germany or something, but you're fooling yourself if you think this is a piece of fine German automobile except for some tidbit like that.

You might be right about me. I don't get off on playing guessing games with my wallet. The Jeep probably is not for me in this case, if they cannot tell me tomorrow what went wrong and why.

Again, yeah, stuff breaks. But stuff shouldn't be so far out in left field that you get a shrug and "I dunno" from the dealer. I mean, how do I know this thing won't snap some something and send me into a guardrail at 75mph some fine sunny day? I don't. It could. It's something to do with the suspension/steering/diff and every tech who touches it agrees and none of them have a clue what. So who's to say?

Probably going to end up in something from Toyota by the end of the year. Got my eye on the FJ Cruiser. THAT has personality. It also doesn't have a reputation for randomly stalling, having a messed up driveline, or any of the other Chrysler items. Personality is interesting in that it can be good...or bad. So far, I am very pleased with how my jeep would drive and run if it drove and ran. Derp.
You know , you still dont have it as bad as the my14's. I am on those forums too and im glad I own a wk1 and not the 2. Theres guys over there with 13k kms and have had 2 kr 3 sets of shocks put on. The trans is rought, this dont work or that dont work blah blah blah. I could go on. And yes. The wk1 was designed by MB. Didnt say it was made in Germany. The wk2 is all fiat and they have 100 times more issues. I have an american motor backed by a german transmission. No disrespect intended, but if you can replace all the suspension that probably will solve it.
__________________
2008 JGC, Grey Stone Metallic SRT-6
MODS-http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/project-six-shooter-build-thread-68955.html
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-02-2014, 07:23 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 183
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 8491
Unobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do I get more suspension travel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongjeff View Post
You know , you still dont have it as bad as the my14's. I am on those forums too and im glad I own a wk1 and not the 2. Theres guys over there with 13k kms and have had 2 kr 3 sets of shocks put on. The trans is rought, this dont work or that dont work blah blah blah. I could go on. And yes. The wk1 was designed by MB. Didnt say it was made in Germany. The wk2 is all fiat and they have 100 times more issues. I have an american motor backed by a german transmission. No disrespect intended, but if you can replace all the suspension that probably will solve it.
Yeah...but it doesn't cost them a dime. Anything non-driveline related is MY money. Out of pocket.

There is no way in hell I am replacing all the sway bars, end links, control arms, axles, tie-rods, and all that just to get one thing. I'd done with this thing before that, I promise you. What if we did that at our hospital? "Well Mr. Jones, a heart transplant would probably fix your shortness of breath. No...no...we can't do a stent or balloon. Gotta be the whole pump! No...no it's not that bad. We just don't know where the blockage is, but THIS will TOTALLY fix it! Oh...and your insurance won't be paying. We can set up a billing system for you though. Hope you already have your house and everything, because your D/I ratio just DIIEEEEDDD!"

No.

Just...no.

If they cannot say "We found the problem, it is: .... " then I'm not having any of it.

Yes, I understand Fiat to be far worse than Chrysler's previous share holders. However, that is like when I was a child and my mother told me that there were starving children in Africa. I pointed out that children also existed in Beverly Hills. Much to her dismay (and mine, lol!)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-02-2014, 07:44 PM
greenwayer's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2005 6.4L WK
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 3,060
Thanks: 71
Thanked 150 Times in 128 Posts
Rep Power: 9953
greenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do I get more suspension travel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
I get that. I figured as much. My problem is that they can keep my vehicle for a whole day at the place that services and sells them, and shrug their shoulders and say "It sure is dicked up, man...but...um...yeah. Here are the keys."

That's unacceptable.

If something breaks. Fine. Let's fix it. But don't shrug and tell me *I dunno*. Shit, I could do that in the driveway for free without even looking at it. It's easy. "I dunno".

That's what I'm hacked off about. Chrysler gremlins. The thing dies. It has a shake to the steering-wheel. The axle is bending the mounting point on the shock..."but we dunno...".

THAT is my problem. Things break. Sure. Got it. But it shouldn't be a game of 20 questions with a mime to figure out what needs to be fixed.

This is not a Benz. It's an American motor in an American vehicle backed by an American transmission. Maybe they designed the moon-roof in Germany or something, but you're fooling yourself if you think this is a piece of fine German automobile except for some tidbit like that.

You might be right about me. I don't get off on playing guessing games with my wallet. The Jeep probably is not for me in this case, if they cannot tell me tomorrow what went wrong and why.

Again, yeah, stuff breaks. But stuff shouldn't be so far out in left field that you get a shrug and "I dunno" from the dealer. I mean, how do I know this thing won't snap some something and send me into a guardrail at 75mph some fine sunny day? I don't. It could. It's something to do with the suspension/steering/diff and every tech who touches it agrees and none of them have a clue what. So who's to say?

Probably going to end up in something from Toyota by the end of the year. Got my eye on the FJ Cruiser. THAT has personality. It also doesn't have a reputation for randomly stalling, having a messed up driveline, or any of the other Chrysler items. Personality is interesting in that it can be good...or bad. So far, I am very pleased with how my jeep would drive and run if it drove and ran.

*ETA: Just saw that you technically stated the Jeep was made while Benz owned Chrysler vs. they designed/made the WK. Well...there is a REASON Benz DUMPED Chrysler. I think we've all dated a few duds in the past...

The fact that the newest vehicle you bought of the SUV kind is a BMW and not a Jeep says more than your words ever could

I don't tolerate screw ups. I am not a person who gets paid to screw up. I screw up VERY MINIMALLY and VERY RARELY. When I do, there is a failure analysis, and typically corrective action. I suppose that has bled over into my expectations of others as well as machinery. Probably a personality quirk of my own that may/may not be desirable. Right now, it's causing me some severe irritation.
Ok first off sounds like your having a dealer problem, they need to accept that its broken and fix it. Otherwise just take it somewhere else. I was simply pointing out that Chrysler was owned by Benz not fiat, I was not suggesting it was a car with German qualities. And for the record, I bought the Jeep AFTER the BMW. The Bmw was bought because my ex liked it. However within the first two weeks I drove it to work it was keyed and the tires were slashed, so I went out and purchased the Jeep. I do not like the Bmw, it just feels too electronically controlled, everything is controlled by sensors even the lane change signal. It doesn't feel like I am driving the car but rather as if the car is driving so long as it is willing.
__________________
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 6.4L (The beast) (Fastest lifted WK) The Sparkly Build
2012 BMW X5 Turbo'ed (The b*tch)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L (Ol' reliable)
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-02-2014, 07:47 PM
greenwayer's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2005 6.4L WK
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 3,060
Thanks: 71
Thanked 150 Times in 128 Posts
Rep Power: 9953
greenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond reputegreenwayer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do I get more suspension travel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
Yeah...but it doesn't cost them a dime. Anything non-driveline related is MY money. Out of pocket.

There is no way in hell I am replacing all the sway bars, end links, control arms, axles, tie-rods, and all that just to get one thing. I'd done with this thing before that, I promise you. What if we did that at our hospital? "Well Mr. Jones, a heart transplant would probably fix your shortness of breath. No...no...we can't do a stent or balloon. Gotta be the whole pump! No...no it's not that bad. We just don't know where the blockage is, but THIS will TOTALLY fix it! Oh...and your insurance won't be paying. We can set up a billing system for you though. Hope you already have your house and everything, because your D/I ratio just DIIEEEEDDD!"

No.

Just...no.

If they cannot say "We found the problem, it is: .... " then I'm not having any of it.

Yes, I understand Fiat to be far worse than Chrysler's previous share holders. However, that is like when I was a child and my mother told me that there were starving children in Africa. I pointed out that children also existed in Beverly Hills. Much to her dismay (and mine, lol!)

Fiat is crap. I had a rental for 2 days, before I gave it back. Crap crap crap! What can we expect other than problems for the new jeeps?
__________________
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 6.4L (The beast) (Fastest lifted WK) The Sparkly Build
2012 BMW X5 Turbo'ed (The b*tch)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L (Ol' reliable)
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 183
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 8491
Unobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond reputeUnobtanium has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do I get more suspension travel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwayer View Post
Ok first off sounds like your having a dealer problem, they need to accept that its broken and fix it. They are trying. They can't FIND what's broke. You better believe they want to take my money. Otherwise just take it somewhere else. I was simply pointing out that Chrysler was owned by Benz not fiat, I was not suggesting it was a car with German qualities. And for the record, I bought the Jeep AFTER the BMW. The Bmw was bought because my ex liked it. However within the first two weeks I drove it to work it was keyed and the tires were slashed, No doubt by a jealous Jeep owner. so I went out and purchased the Jeep. I do not like the Bmw, it just feels too electronically controlled, everything is controlled by sensors even the lane change signal. It doesn't feel like I am driving the car but rather as if the car is driving so long as it is willing.
But at least the BMW works. Trade me? Lol!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can the 8.4A get Travel Link? YO-EL Audio/Visual/Navigation 8 04-13-2014 12:57 AM
No more clunks and no more rear wheel ticking... viking757 Grand Cherokee - WK 29 08-04-2012 10:30 AM
wk suspension drop/tire fitment..and more 07wkflex Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires 2 12-21-2011 07:58 PM
More and more..... vnbWK2 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 31 10-05-2010 03:11 AM
rearend travel fix for the SRT8 lowering springs Scottina06 Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 2 07-08-2009 06:29 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.