Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK > Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 03-26-2014, 06:19 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2007 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 336
XTEEJAYY is on a distinguished road
Re: Will these tires fit my wk?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgcoman View Post
That's a good price for the tires....if they indeed have 60% left on them. They will fit fine when using the SRT wheels. You'll be pretty close to the shock on the right rear, but it is not a problem. The 315's are probably 315/35-20's. Make sure of that, or the diameters will be an issue. There is plenty room in the front though for the 275's. I've got 265/45's in the front and 295/40's in the rear. As far as odometer error, there is almost an inch difference in diameters (from stock, 20's being shorter), so you'll be off a little. IIRC, it'll read about 2 mph slower at 65 mph.....so at 65 indicated you'll really be going around 63 mph.
Thanks a bunch man!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-26-2014, 07:07 PM
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2006 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Home of the Mountain Blue Bird
Posts: 1,006
Thanks: 0
Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Rep Power: 154936
jeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will these tires fit my wk?!

To give you an idea on the tire widths between mine and your projected sizes:

315/35's are 12.4 in. wide
295/40's are 11.6 in. wide

275/45's are 10.83 in. wide
265/45's are 10.43 in. wide

You may be closer yet to the right rear shock than I am.... maybe about .4 in. closer. I know that some of the SRT guys have been running the 275/315 combo without problems, but on mine I can barely stick my fingers between the shock and the tire, so yours may have somewhat less clearance. There is also a difference in the offset of the stock SRT rear wheels and the SRT Replica wheels I have on mine. Offset on the stock SRT's is 50 and on mine it's 54.
__________________

__________________
05 LX/RT & 06 WK/GCO, modded similarly, MDS "ON" Light, Vortex Gens, Debadged, DashHawk, BT Catch Can, SRT CAI W/Add Air Inlet, K&N Filter, Sonnax Trans Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tuning App, DS Tuner, Cust tube headers w/3 in. catback, Bilsteins, SRT frt/rear bumpers, Eibach SRT Lwr Sprgs & Sways, FRI Sidewinder Cam Adv 2*, 6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK 90mm TB, SOS Coils/.060 plug gaps. 20 in. SRT Reps.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-26-2014, 08:00 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2007 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 336
XTEEJAYY is on a distinguished road
Re: Will these tires fit my wk?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgcoman View Post
To give you an idea on the tire widths between mine and your projected sizes:

315/35's are 12.4 in. wide
295/40's are 11.6 in. wide

275/45's are 10.83 in. wide
265/45's are 10.43 in. wide

You may be closer yet to the right rear shock than I am.... maybe about .4 in. closer. I know that some of the SRT guys have been running the 275/315 combo without problems, but on mine I can barely stick my fingers between the shock and the tire, so yours may have somewhat less clearance. There is also a difference in the offset of the stock SRT rear wheels and the SRT Replica wheels I have on mine. Offset on the stock SRT's is 50 and on mine it's 54.
ahhh now im so confused/worried lmao...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-26-2014, 09:28 PM
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2006 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Home of the Mountain Blue Bird
Posts: 1,006
Thanks: 0
Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Rep Power: 154936
jeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will these tires fit my wk?!

I say, go for it. If you're still concerned, you may want to hop over the SRT part of the forum and ask about the 275/315's on stock SRT wheels. Don't think you have a problem, but it may ease your mind a little. This may help you decide too......the stock run flat Goodyears (255/45 and 285/40) for the SRT run close to $500 a piece and everyone says they're crap. I bought Toyo STII's and they ran about $1000 out the door. You can get Nittos and a couple other brands for less but, for me, this is my 3rd set of Toyos (on two different vehicles) and I love them. If you end up purchasing tires you just need to be sure that the diameters are pretty close to each other (your used combo is only .02 in. different between the two sizes, mine are .14 in. different) or you'll encounter traction control probems. The computer wants the rotation rate of all four to be about the same, otherwise it thinks you're in a skid or something and it needs to make adjustments.
__________________
05 LX/RT & 06 WK/GCO, modded similarly, MDS "ON" Light, Vortex Gens, Debadged, DashHawk, BT Catch Can, SRT CAI W/Add Air Inlet, K&N Filter, Sonnax Trans Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tuning App, DS Tuner, Cust tube headers w/3 in. catback, Bilsteins, SRT frt/rear bumpers, Eibach SRT Lwr Sprgs & Sways, FRI Sidewinder Cam Adv 2*, 6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK 90mm TB, SOS Coils/.060 plug gaps. 20 in. SRT Reps.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-26-2014, 10:02 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2007 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 336
XTEEJAYY is on a distinguished road
Re: Will these tires fit my wk?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgcoman View Post
I say, go for it. If you're still concerned, you may want to hop over the SRT part of the forum and ask about the 275/315's on stock SRT wheels. Don't think you have a problem, but it may ease your mind a little. This may help you decide too......the stock run flat Goodyears (255/45 and 285/40) for the SRT run close to $500 a piece and everyone says they're crap. I bought Toyo STII's and they ran about $1000 out the door. You can get Nittos and a couple other brands for less but, for me, this is my 3rd set of Toyos (on two different vehicles) and I love them. If you end up purchasing tires you just need to be sure that the diameters are pretty close to each other (your used combo is only .02 in. different between the two sizes, mine are .14 in. different) or you'll encounter traction control probems. The computer wants the rotation rate of all four to be about the same, otherwise it thinks you're in a skid or something and it needs to make adjustments.
Thank you man you've been a big help, quick question- do I need to worry about this being a problem of my jeep is 4wd all time? http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/x...55469884_1.png
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-27-2014, 09:49 AM
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2006 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Home of the Mountain Blue Bird
Posts: 1,006
Thanks: 0
Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Rep Power: 154936
jeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond reputejeepgcoman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will these tires fit my wk?!

No, not a problem. Your attachment is correct.
__________________
05 LX/RT & 06 WK/GCO, modded similarly, MDS "ON" Light, Vortex Gens, Debadged, DashHawk, BT Catch Can, SRT CAI W/Add Air Inlet, K&N Filter, Sonnax Trans Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tuning App, DS Tuner, Cust tube headers w/3 in. catback, Bilsteins, SRT frt/rear bumpers, Eibach SRT Lwr Sprgs & Sways, FRI Sidewinder Cam Adv 2*, 6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK 90mm TB, SOS Coils/.060 plug gaps. 20 in. SRT Reps.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-10-2014, 01:30 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2005 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Posts: 26
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 192
JeepMike is on a distinguished road
Re: Will these tires fit my wk?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgcoman View Post
To give you an idea on the tire widths between mine and your projected sizes:

315/35's are 12.4 in. wide
295/40's are 11.6 in. wide

275/45's are 10.83 in. wide
265/45's are 10.43 in. wide

.
Just to clarify.... the 2nd number (35, 40, 45, etc) have nothing to do with the width.
The first number is metric, so you divide it by 25.4 to get the width in inches.

Diameter is your big concern:
315/35/20 = 28.68" diameter
275/40/20 = 28.66" diameter

Stock
245/65/17 = 29.54" diameter
__________________
05 WK 4x4 5.7L (Extras: Dynomax 19421 exhaust)

Previously owned Jeeps:
76 CJ7, 93 YJ, 98 TJ, 99 WJ, 84 SJ, 83 CJ7, 90 XJ, 94 ZJ, 87 SJ, 97 ZJ, 02 WJ, 84 SJ, 08 JKR, 09JKUR
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-11-2014, 09:13 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2007 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 336
XTEEJAYY is on a distinguished road
Re: Will these tires fit my wk?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepMike View Post
Just to clarify.... the 2nd number (35, 40, 45, etc) have nothing to do with the width.
The first number is metric, so you divide it by 25.4 to get the width in inches.

Diameter is your big concern:
315/35/20 = 28.68" diameter
275/40/20 = 28.66" diameter

Stock
245/65/17 = 29.54" diameter
So what would the recommended tire size to put on a set of oem SRT rims front and rear? My stock size is 245/65/17
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-04-2014, 01:58 PM
Ariont's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2009 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 278
Ariont is on a distinguished road
Re: Will these tires fit my wk?!

You could use Car / SUV / Van / Light Truck Tire Calculations and put your current size in the left side and then test tire sizes on the right to see what more closely fits your current set up as far as speedo and other factors are concerned.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tires

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do these tires fit? GCOverland Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 7 03-22-2014 12:04 PM
Will These tires fit on my jgc w/ a rro leveling kit? ATins215 Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires 1 12-30-2012 03:10 AM
Will these 18" tires fit my WK2? ooja3k Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires 2 11-28-2011 03:32 PM
Can I fit these tires? readingbabelfish Off Road Modifications 4 01-09-2011 02:54 PM
Will these fit?? Matteo Grand Cherokee - WK 9 07-22-2009 03:55 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community