Re: Is it possible to transfer navigation address book from one RER to another?
The entire HDD can be backed up and restored to another radio of the same model via USB to an external HDD. BUT, the procedure requires using the dealer scan tool.
These are the directions:
1. Turn the ignition to RUN, engine OFF.
2. Power on the external HDD.
3. Connect the external HDD to the radio using the USB cable. The radio display will change to the “Manage My Files” screen.
4. Connect the scan tool and perform the following steps to place the radio into “Dealership Mode”:
5. Follow the on screen instructions on the radio to back up and restore the radio HDD.