New Member; Installing KWood DNX 691HD - need help please
Hello All - I'm new here and pretty mechanically inclined, but still a novice when it comes to audio and electronics, so any guidance here would be greatly appreciated. I will try to be brief, but I have lots of questions.
I have an '09 Rocky Mountain Edition with the BA/navi head unit. It has satellite radio but no navi. I have a small button on the front edge of the dash which I assume is the satellite radio antenna.
On the Kenwood install:
1. The KWood comes with what looks like an antenna - a square plastic button (about 1.5") at the end of a plug-in cable. Is this the navi antenna?
2. I had to purchase a separate satellite radio tuner. Can I use the existing antenna?
3. Where do I mount the new satellite radio tuner?
4. Where is a good place to mount the Bluetooth microphone?
On the PAC RP4 CH11 Steering Wheel Control adapter:
1. It comes with two harnesses, how do I know which one to use?
2. Do I need to mount the controller for easy ongoing access?
3. I understand you lose fade control. For those that have hooked this piece up before, any other specific items I should know about?
On the parking brake bypass unit:
1. I bought a parking brake bypass harness - for test purposes only! Do I connect those wires to the KWood head unit and then just leave the PAC unit wires for the park brake unconnected?
2. What is the best way to hook that up with my set-up?
I'm sure I will have more questions once I start, but I thought I would start with these. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!