the seat pads are actually plug and play, but the wires are not. with a very simple swap, they become plug and play with the 05-07 harnesses.
disconnect the negative battery terminal after unbolting the front seats but before unplugging any wires! failure to do this can result in costly repairs!
the rear seats are super simple and plug and play. but you will need an impact wrench.
1. remove the 2 bolts on the bottom of the lower part of the seat.
2. slide the lower seat up and out to remove it.
3. remove the 4 bolts holding down the rear seat back and the one bolt holding the seats belt. (bolts are circled in the picture below)
4. loosen the 2 lower seat belt bolts near the doors and unhook the bottom part of the seatbelt (these bolts do not have to be removed)
5. pull up on the rear part of the seat and remove it from the jeep.
6. install the new seats buy going backwards through each of the last steps.
1. remove seats from jeep and unplug the wires. also, remove the seat belt bolt near the door.
the following steps are done on both the new seats and the old seats
2. remove all plastic cladding from both sides on the seat base. all of this is done with a phillips head screwdriver.
3. now remove the seat back buy removing the two bolts on each side and the 24mm seat belt bolt.
4. unbolt the two bolts under the lower seat pad and remove the seat from the frame.
5. swap the new srt seats on to the original frame and reinstall the same way.
-since the heated seats wiring is the same and all other wires only go to the frame, the seats will now be plug and play with your factory wiring.
-you must keep your old power seat controls, the new buttons will not match your old harness, they simple pop out and can be swapped.
-you must also keep your old seat belt pretensioners, using the new pretensioner will cause the airbag light to go off.