just finished the job and I can now shift into all gears. I used a pencil eraser (continuously cleaned on a pad of paper), isopropyl alcohol, and disposable blue shop paper towels (non linting).
- be prepared to have a sorts of small metric torx bits. 7, 10 & 15 I believe.
- the 4 wheel low switch is a pain in the balls, I had to remove the center console.
- I only slightly tweaked the flexible metal contacts.
- stuck in 3rd, no lower gears.
- wife previously reported; trans overtemp/PRND all selected/stuck in 3rd.
- code P0700 reported from vehicle diag, did not hook up my laptop to get trans codes (too pissed off)
Now it's time for a trans fluid svc. I had to beat that horse just to get it up to speed after stopping for a couple toll booths.
Dealer better have the upper gear selector equipment at a good price or I'm gonna show some serious disgust with their product.
EDIT: FSCK, I'm now declaring this an intermittent, time for a new bezel top assembly.
EDIT2: CRAP ! my problem is with the 25 pin connector at the front of the trans. Wiggled it and it went back into D.
EDIT3: Strangely, my esm is missing the third spring/contact. The one that says 'pull up gently'. For the life of me I thought I had dropped it, but I searched all over. No way. Could that 3rd spring be for the W5A trans ? I have the 5F5 in an 06 hemi limited. It's all reassembled and working fine, now that I wiggled the connector on the trans.