This is how I went about getting a set of 2005-2006 WK tails (or WH export tails) working with my 2007 stock wiring harness.
No wires were cut, nothing spliced, this is a "lazy" conversion - just wanted to add some photos and text into the mix - enjoy!
1. The 2005-2006 tails have a series of three of these "plugs" located in the photo below, these hold the bulbs. On 2007-2010 tails we only have two bulbs vs. three for the 05-06.
I took out one of the plugs below, removed the bulb and drilled out the center of the plug (the inner part with the text on it)
2. After I drilled out the center I got my 2007-2010 reverse bulb w/ connector and attached it to the plug with some 3M glue.
3. From the above photo you can see the 2007-2010 reverse bulb and connector make a perfect fit in the 2005-2006 plug
, all you need to do is snap it back into the 2005-2006 housing and you're all set with the reverse.
4. Now to attach the 2007-2010 blink/stop/run blub & connector to the 2005-2006 housing. Visual up first on this one! Check out the photo below and read the text under it...
5. Notice anything different on the far left housing? Of course you do! I shaved the top of the housing down - this lets the 2007-2010 bulb & connector sit flush on the top of the housing and also allows the bulb to sit nice and deep inside the housing (dirty!
) Next you need to shave some plastic off the 2007-2010 connector - see below:
6. Shave down that nub near my pointer finger so the connector fits into the 2005-2006 housing. Now just glue that piece in and you should have something that looks like this:
7. Sweet! Almost done - now for "lazy" part. See the middle hole in the photo above? Well since we are not cutting any wires right now all you need to do is put the bulb and plug back in. It's just for show since it's not going to have any power so grab it and toss it back in.
8. Above is the "for looks only" light.
9. So to review, 2007-2010 reverse goes in the bottom socket, 2007-2010 blink/stop/run goes in the top socket, and for the middle - in goes the "for looks only".
**This is just a quick way to get your 2005-2006 export tails working on 2007-2010 models**