After 4 hours of sweating and banging, [email protected]
and I gave up for the
day trying to install a new lift.
The vehicle is a victim of galvanic corrosion and the upper and bolts on the clevis seized.
On the right side, we broke off one of the bolts and hammered it out.
I took the strut to Mr tire and they got the upper bolt out.
I went to Fastenal and ordered some new bolts, got them today.
The strut mount kits I have to buy separately included the upper strut
isolator but not the lower. I returned those and ordered the Moog strut mounts with lower isolator.
I hope to get the rest of the mounts torn down today so I can install the springs and strut tomorrow......and Southington by Saturday!