Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Export Grand Cherokee 2011+

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #4285  
Old 06-25-2013, 08:07 PM
Sparky74's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Sydney NSW Australia
Posts: 42
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 578
Sparky74 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Help.

I am getting the MY14 Overland with Off-Road Adventure pack II (due mid July).

Off-Road Adventure Group II
Includes skid plates for fuel tank, transfer case, front suspension and underbody; Quadra-DriveŽ II, Selec-SpeedTM Control
(if 5.7L V8 equipped); requires 5.7L V8 or 3.0L V6 Diesel. (265/60R18 BSW All-season tyres and 18-inch Polished Aluminum Wheels replaces the 20-inch wheels and tyres on Limited and Overland)

Does anyone know whether the 18-inch Polished Aluminum Wheels
replacing the 20-inch wheels on my Overland are identical to the standard 18" rims on the Laredo?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4286  
Old 06-25-2013, 09:10 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 53
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 1062
geapra has a reputation beyond reputegeapra has a reputation beyond reputegeapra has a reputation beyond reputegeapra has a reputation beyond reputegeapra has a reputation beyond reputegeapra has a reputation beyond reputegeapra has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky74 View Post
Help.

I am getting the MY14 Overland with Off-Road Adventure pack II (due mid July).

Off-Road Adventure Group II
Includes skid plates for fuel tank, transfer case, front suspension and underbody; Quadra-DriveŽ II, Selec-SpeedTM Control
(if 5.7L V8 equipped); requires 5.7L V8 or 3.0L V6 Diesel. (265/60R18 BSW All-season tyres and 18-inch Polished Aluminum Wheels replaces the 20-inch wheels and tyres on Limited and Overland)

Does anyone know whether the 18-inch Polished Aluminum Wheels
replacing the 20-inch wheels on my Overland are identical to the standard 18" rims on the Laredo?
That is my understanding - YES.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4287  
Old 06-25-2013, 09:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 47
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 625
yoda is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by geapra View Post
That is my understanding - YES.
Having abandoned my 14 Limited CRD with off road and lux packs I ordered last December, and then buying off the floor a 13 Limited CRD so I could get a car this year rather than next year, I was able to find a swap with a Laredo buyer so I could go down from the 20 inch rims on Limited to the 18 inch as on Laredo and the off road packs. Both wheels look a treat and are quite similar, both fit with no adjustments or mods. Bree who swapped with me got really flash looking 20 inch rims and Kumho tyres, and I got 18 inch similar rims but with 2 more inches of Michelin tyres for greater handling and flexibility off road. The 20 inch rims also hold a bit straighter on the highway, but the 18 inch steer more responsively and smooth the bumps a bit more, as well as being happy down to 18 psi for off road sand work.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4288  
Old 06-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Peanut's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Port Hedland WA
Posts: 81
Thanks: 5
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 593
Peanut has disabled reputation
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

I have noticed on the bottom of the print screen that the dealer sent me that it does state the "unit requires a TCM software reflash" which was dated 6-6-13 which going by some internet research is an update for the transmission.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4289  
Old 06-25-2013, 10:02 PM
hymer's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 443
Thanks: 2
Thanked 45 Times in 32 Posts
Rep Power: 1435
hymer has a reputation beyond reputehymer has a reputation beyond reputehymer has a reputation beyond reputehymer has a reputation beyond reputehymer has a reputation beyond reputehymer has a reputation beyond reputehymer has a reputation beyond reputehymer has a reputation beyond reputehymer has a reputation beyond reputehymer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
I have noticed on the bottom of the print screen that the dealer sent me that it does state the "unit requires a TCM software reflash" which was dated 6-6-13 which going by some internet research is an update for the transmission.
Can read this one now.Think of us poor silly old buggers that need glasses.

"I have noticed on the bottom of the print screen that the dealer sent me that it does state the "unit requires a TCM software reflash" which was dated 6-6-13 which going by some internet research is an update for the transmission"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4290  
Old 06-25-2013, 10:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 524
GC Blue Mountains is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda View Post
Having abandoned my 14 Limited CRD with off road and lux packs I ordered last December, and then buying off the floor a 13 Limited CRD so I could get a car this year rather than next year, I was able to find a swap with a Laredo buyer so I could go down from the 20 inch rims on Limited to the 18 inch as on Laredo and the off road packs. Both wheels look a treat and are quite similar, both fit with no adjustments or mods. Bree who swapped with me got really flash looking 20 inch rims and Kumho tyres, and I got 18 inch similar rims but with 2 more inches of Michelin tyres for greater handling and flexibility off road. The 20 inch rims also hold a bit straighter on the highway, but the 18 inch steer more responsively and smooth the bumps a bit more, as well as being happy down to 18 psi for off road sand work.

Did you have to get the tyre air pressure sensors in the Laredo 18" wheels changed with the Ltd 20" wheels? I was told by a dealer that the two models have different sensors as they have different Tyre Pressure Monitoring systems.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4291  
Old 06-25-2013, 10:42 PM
Peanut's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Port Hedland WA
Posts: 81
Thanks: 5
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 593
Peanut has disabled reputation
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hymer View Post
Can read this one now.Think of us poor silly old buggers that need glasses.


Sorry Hymer did not realise it was so small, I had my glasses on. Bahahah
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4292  
Old 06-25-2013, 11:43 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 569
Alleyoop is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Gday guys,
I had an opportunity to checkout the Tamesis docked in Newcastle today.At 11am no vehicles had been unloaded but I will recheck tomorrow morning.
Cheers
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4293  
Old 06-25-2013, 11:50 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 977
Thanks: 80
Thanked 108 Times in 96 Posts
Rep Power: 1695
SJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by frad1312 View Post
Just seeing if anyone with there 2014's can try the parking light issue I talked about in the last post.. To try have jeep on Acc but not running then switch lights to parkers, this should turn on inside lights and dim the DRL's but not turn on the HID's.. If this works fine then turn on the car "engine running" and try the same thing. In my car everything stays off until full lights are selected. So no interior illumination when in park light mode and engine running or dimming of DRL's.. Just trying to see if mine the only one? Would appreciate the help!
Tested for you Frad and here is what is happening (which seems to be correct to our way of thinking). Will pass over to "the man"....

Hi all,

When in ACC and lights are switched to park then ambient lighting goes on and DRL's turn on but dimmed. Turn lights off (or auto) turns both dimmed DRLs and inside ambient lights off.

When vehicle on (engine running) with light switch off (or auto) the DRLs are on full (during daytime at least). When lights turned to park then the DRLs dim and ambient lights turn on.

This all seems to be as expected.

With regards the PCM update. I suspect it has corrected a standing start issue we noticed. Previously it seemed a very small throttle input resulted in a slight delay followed by quite aggressive acceleration. There is a tight off-camber turn near our place and it really felt like wheel spin was likely but after the PCM update it feels like we have better/finer throttle control.

Current fuel consumption after approx. 400km is 9.9 L/100km. Brilliant compared to our 2007 Hemi yet feels as powerful. We're both really impressed - so if you're thinking of going for the diesel, just do it!

My only complaint (comment really) and we've told the dealer is with regard to the ORAII pack. One would expect an off-road pack for a 4WD to include off-road tyres and tow hooks. Both these items would cost next to nothing if installed at the factory. The provided Kumho tyres are marginal even for our gravel driveway and paddock tracks.

Back to "the woman" now!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4294  
Old 06-25-2013, 11:52 PM
Pharmaboy's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Newcastle , Australia
Posts: 187
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 744
Pharmaboy has a reputation beyond reputePharmaboy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

[QUOTE=Peanut;848243]
Quote:



Sorry Hymer did not realise it was so small, I had my glasses on. Bahahah
Peanut, nooooo, I was just thinking it was the most clever example of irony I had seen in ages......
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4295  
Old 06-26-2013, 12:00 AM
mkmydnr's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2013 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Darwin NT Australia
Posts: 83
Thanks: 7
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 833
mkmydnr is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Hi there, just question for those who have already taken delivery or at least have a build sheet for an Overland (looking at the CRD personally). Were Advanced Technology Group, Quadra Drive II and Quadra Lift all standard? Also anyone who has seen the new interiors first hand, whats your opinion on the colour options.
__________________
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland CRD, Brilliant Black, Black Interior. (BAA BAA - tinted front windows, Mopar bash plates, Mopar rock rail, Mopar slush mats, Mopar Cargo tray, Tow kit, KMC Monster XD 18x9 rims, Pirelli Scorpion ATR 265/60R18)
Reply With Quote
  #4296  
Old 06-26-2013, 12:20 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 977
Thanks: 80
Thanked 108 Times in 96 Posts
Rep Power: 1695
SJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmydnr View Post
Hi there, just question for those who have already taken delivery or at least have a build sheet for an Overland (looking at the CRD personally). Were Advanced Technology Group, Quadra Drive II and Quadra Lift all standard? Also anyone who has seen the new interiors first hand, whats your opinion on the colour options.
All standard on the Overland. As far as interior colours go, our Overland CRD's interior is black. (Deep Cherry Red exterior).

We chose this colour because the particular model of 10 year old child that we have, has a penchant for grossness and general dishevelment especially illustrated by way of muddy soccer boots and soccer balls.

A light interior would have been a disaster for us. The black interior (white stitching) is very nice and we have no regrets.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SJandL For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
2014 wk2 au, australia, SRT, wk2, wk2 au, wk2 srt

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Grand Cherokee - Ordering Information and Pricing Milous Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 8289 09-09-2014 11:33 AM
TSB and Recall information: 1993-2015 Grand Cherokee & 2006-2010 Commander Milous Technical Service Bulletins and Recalls 5 07-23-2014 09:48 PM
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2014 MB E-class Comparison Dan JGC Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 7 01-15-2013 10:39 AM
***JeepGarage Exclusive***Latest information and updates on the "WK2" Grand Cherokee Milous Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 4 07-20-2010 06:17 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community