Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Export Grand Cherokee 2011+

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #5293  
Old 07-17-2013, 04:52 AM
Pharmaboy's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Newcastle , Australia
Posts: 185
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 683
Pharmaboy has a reputation beyond reputePharmaboy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo10 View Post
The question is; "how binding is the delivery date?" Is there a process whereby cars are allocated based on their $ sale value. ie. Those deals which have the most margin are fufuilled first???
No. Not only is the margin the same for jeep Australia , but its also illegal supply under the accc competition laws. Some salespeople have been known to use such innuendo to try and maximise their price.

It's a different question as to whether a dealership can supply straight out of their own stock, or put an order in for you specifically - they can manage their own stock how they like.

Delivery date means you can end the contract and get our deposit back without penalty. You cannot force the fulfilling of the contract without legal action, and having evidence they had the stock and on sold it.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5294  
Old 07-17-2013, 04:52 AM
allypally's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NW Sydney
Posts: 2,142
Thanks: 23
Thanked 122 Times in 102 Posts
Rep Power: 55518
allypally has a reputation beyond reputeallypally has a reputation beyond reputeallypally has a reputation beyond reputeallypally has a reputation beyond reputeallypally has a reputation beyond reputeallypally has a reputation beyond reputeallypally has a reputation beyond reputeallypally has a reputation beyond reputeallypally has a reputation beyond reputeallypally has a reputation beyond reputeallypally has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

For what it's worth, here is my theory on how the ordering process works.
Jeep Australia negotiate "x" amount of vehicles from Jeep USA at an agreed price for a set period, which we might call 1 year.
That quota is spread throughout the year, therefore averaging out per month. Jeep Australia order the makeup of those cars well in advance. They consist basically of the popular whites and blacks, with a smuttering of other colours as well as the various models and engine mixes.
When a dealer takes an order it sits at the dealership until the end of the month. Dealers then all submit their orders to Jeep Australia, who then try to match with incoming cars. If a total match can be found, the car is assigned, and the dealer is advised of the E Number.
If no exact matching, Jeep Australia then try to change a car due for production to the dealers order. If they can do, then a E number is allocated. If not, then it is matched to a car scheduled for production several months in the future. These would be those cars which have non common options, such as interior colours and upgrades. Jeep Aust do not keep an abundance of stock, and have allocations per dealership. Dealers must have a customer to submit an order. Some dealers, wanting stock, tend to submit phantom orders, pretending they have a customer. When the car arrives, they simply tell Jeep Aust that the buyer pulled out for whatever reason, and they then have on hand stock which they can quickly sell. Generally, the dealer must be secretive about this, so the car is not advertised.
__________________

__________________
MY12 Overland CRD
Cherry Red
Saddle Interior.
Front Recovery Hook.
Reply With Quote
  #5295  
Old 07-17-2013, 05:51 AM
Blakey's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 150
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 657
Blakey is on a distinguished road
It4vette,
My jeep is coming on the Asian king which departed Curtis Bay Monday
It is heading directly to Melbourne arriving around the 10th august then heading up the East Coast
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5296  
Old 07-17-2013, 06:20 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central Coast NSW
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 429
Snoddy is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munars View Post
Called the lease company this morning, they are in total meltdown and not sure how this will pan out also the guy doing my lease is feeling very unsecure about his future employment.
I then called the dealer and started to put in place new arrangements for the purchase of the car. My GC was loaded on the boat last night so it still gives me 6 weeks to see how this goes but I will be getting my new CRD Overland one way or another.
Hi Munars, I also called my leasing company this afternoon & they are also in a state of uncertainty. Yesterday I received a call from the dealer saying that my Overland 3.6 had just arrived in their yard & would be ready for pick up on Friday, I was overjoyed, our first Jeep. Then 2 hrs later the Rudd news, wow I didn't expect that & it all starts from the day my Jeep arrives with the last of the paperwork to be finalised. The leasing company told me that their financing bank has frozen all motor vehicle salary sacrifice funding until they know what's going on. I am not going to let Rudd & Co ruin my 9 month research & wait for our first Jeep GC, so just in case I am looking into a back up plan.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5297  
Old 07-17-2013, 06:24 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Blue Mtns, Sydney
Posts: 132
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 913
Erina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by allypally View Post
For what it's worth, here is my theory on how the ordering process works.
Jeep Australia negotiate "x" amount of vehicles from Jeep USA at an agreed price for a set period, which we might call 1 year.
That quota is spread throughout the year, therefore averaging out per month. Jeep Australia order the makeup of those cars well in advance. They consist basically of the popular whites and blacks, with a smuttering of other colours as well as the various models and engine mixes.
When a dealer takes an order it sits at the dealership until the end of the month. Dealers then all submit their orders to Jeep Australia, who then try to match with incoming cars. If a total match can be found, the car is assigned, and the dealer is advised of the E Number.
If no exact matching, Jeep Australia then try to change a car due for production to the dealers order. If they can do, then a E number is allocated. If not, then it is matched to a car scheduled for production several months in the future. These would be those cars which have non common options, such as interior colours and upgrades. Jeep Aust do not keep an abundance of stock, and have allocations per dealership. Dealers must have a customer to submit an order. Some dealers, wanting stock, tend to submit phantom orders, pretending they have a customer. When the car arrives, they simply tell Jeep Aust that the buyer pulled out for whatever reason, and they then have on hand stock which they can quickly sell. Generally, the dealer must be secretive about this, so the car is not advertised.
All sound about right to me. I would also like to know how much ( if any ) deposit Jeep Australia have to pay to Jeep USA and what their terms of trade are like. Jeep AU is a separate company owned by Fiat to my knowledge. So I assume their dealings with USA are on arms length terms. I can't see Jeep USA carrying the cost all the time from final production to customer delivery so JeepAU must have a large commitment for stock on the water.

Customers here pay only a token deposit. The importer needs a large amount of working capital to finance at least in part cars on the water for 2 months. 50 cars ( just for example ) with an average cost of 50K is 2.5million on the water. Interest on that sort of finance ain't cheap.

Maybe individual orders should carry a larger deposit requirement. I don't know the answer. Not saying jeepAU are doing the. Right thing but I can see the stresses they are under.
__________________
Gone to the dark side this time. 2016 SRT looking good
Reply With Quote
  #5298  
Old 07-17-2013, 06:56 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 474
Thanks: 1
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 992
mmcrh has a reputation beyond reputemmcrh has a reputation beyond reputemmcrh has a reputation beyond reputemmcrh has a reputation beyond reputemmcrh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erina View Post
All sound about right to me. I would also like to know how much ( if any ) deposit Jeep Australia have to pay to Jeep USA and what their terms of trade are like. Jeep AU is a separate company owned by Fiat to my knowledge. So I assume their dealings with USA are on arms length terms. I can't see Jeep USA carrying the cost all the time from final production to customer delivery so JeepAU must have a large commitment for stock on the water.

Customers here pay only a token deposit. The importer needs a large amount of working capital to finance at least in part cars on the water for 2 months. 50 cars ( just for example ) with an average cost of 50K is 2.5million on the water. Interest on that sort of finance ain't cheap.

Maybe individual orders should carry a larger deposit requirement. I don't know the answer. Not saying jeepAU are doing the. Right thing but I can see the stresses they are under.
Hi Erina,

To start with, it's dealer NOT Jeep AUS keeps customer deposit. Normally, dealer pre-order standard vehicles on floor plan, and if what customer want matches the pre-ordered,dealer will buy the vehicle first and sell to the customer, hence the waiting period is relatively short. If it's customized order, then long wait ahead.

Mmc
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5299  
Old 07-17-2013, 07:05 AM
SNUKE's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney, Aus
Posts: 2,752
Thanks: 62
Thanked 244 Times in 201 Posts
Rep Power: 5408
SNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Not leasing myself, but looks like I could get with my company provided car too.

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

"One of Australia's largest leasing firms, Smart Salary, issued a bulletin to dealers ordering them to halt new-car deliveries until further notice: "Due to the uncertainty and until we have further clarification of details from the Department of Treasury, all settlements are to be suspended," the email said in part."
__________________
I'm just want it for the "shorter headlamps".

MY14 GC Limited, 3.0 CRD, Lux II, Granite Crystal, 18" Wheels, Tubular Side Steps.
Could I get my avatar much larger?
Ordered: July 7 2013 Delivered Nov 25th
Reply With Quote
  #5300  
Old 07-17-2013, 07:25 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Blue Mtns, Sydney
Posts: 132
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 913
Erina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond reputeErina has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNUKE View Post
Not leasing myself, but looks like I could get with my company provided car too.

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

"One of Australia's largest leasing firms, Smart Salary, issued a bulletin to dealers ordering them to halt new-car deliveries until further notice: "Due to the uncertainty and until we have further clarification of details from the Department of Treasury, all settlements are to be suspended," the email said in part."
I can't see what this has got to do with the leasing firm. The employer provides a car to an employee then the employer is responsible for the FBT. If the employee now has to keep a logbook that does not change anything. Most employers I know who provide a car have a total package figure agreed with the employee. If the car costs more ( and cost includes FBT ) then the salary portion of the package goes down.

Certainly an employee should reassess his car component if required but this banks suspending financing is a knee jerk and wrong reaction.

Besides, it is a proposal that won't come about unless Rudd wins the election. That's a very big IF
__________________
Gone to the dark side this time. 2016 SRT looking good
Reply With Quote
  #5301  
Old 07-17-2013, 07:30 AM
Karrakin's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 555
Karrakin is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Hi All

Just picked up our V6 Larado this afternoon and was suprised to see a launch control button near the terrain selector, can anyone shed any light on what this button is about?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5302  
Old 07-17-2013, 07:39 AM
Bretto's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2013 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NSW
Posts: 272
Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 831
Bretto is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrakin View Post
Hi All

Just picked up our V6 Larado this afternoon and was suprised to see a launch control button near the terrain selector, can anyone shed any light on what this button is about?
Congrats!!

And ummm isn't that for the SRT if I'm not mistaken ? Manufacturing whoops??
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5303  
Old 07-17-2013, 07:41 AM
SNUKE's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney, Aus
Posts: 2,752
Thanks: 62
Thanked 244 Times in 201 Posts
Rep Power: 5408
SNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Not relevant to Aus but FYI for those that did not see any of the threads pop up showing it.

Chrysler recalls over 4,400 Grand Cherokee SUVs to fix headlights | Reuters

"(Reuters) - Chrysler Group LLC, the U.S. automaker majority controlled by Fiat SpA, is recalling 4,458 Jeep Grand Cherokee sport-utility vehicles to fix an electrical problem that is turning off the headlights.

The action covers 2014 Grand Cherokee SUVs equipped with premium headlamps and built between Jan. 14 and March 20, according to a post published on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website on Tuesday.

"An investigation discovered the software that controls lamp function was turning them off," Chrysler said in a statement.

Chrysler said it was unaware of any consumer complaints, injuries or accidents associated with the problem.

The recall involves 4,242 vehicles in the United States and 216 in Canada."
__________________
I'm just want it for the "shorter headlamps".

MY14 GC Limited, 3.0 CRD, Lux II, Granite Crystal, 18" Wheels, Tubular Side Steps.
Could I get my avatar much larger?
Ordered: July 7 2013 Delivered Nov 25th
Reply With Quote
  #5304  
Old 07-17-2013, 07:41 AM
Bretto's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2013 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NSW
Posts: 272
Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 831
Bretto is on a distinguished road
Is it this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-2854693474.jpg (241.9 KB, 35 views)
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 wk2 au, australia, SRT, wk2, wk2 au, wk2 srt

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Grand Cherokee - Ordering Information and Pricing Milous Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 8281 08-05-2014 11:10 PM
TSB and Recall information: 1993-2015 Grand Cherokee & 2006-2010 Commander Milous Technical Service Bulletins and Recalls 5 07-23-2014 09:48 PM
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2014 MB E-class Comparison Dan JGC Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 7 01-15-2013 10:39 AM
***JeepGarage Exclusive***Latest information and updates on the "WK2" Grand Cherokee Milous Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 4 07-20-2010 06:17 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community