Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Export Grand Cherokee 2011+

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #6505  
Old 08-29-2013, 08:05 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Rockingham, WA
Posts: 63
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 564
adriwood is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyp911 View Post
Howdy all, just found out that JA couldn't find a vehicle for me from current orders after waiting over 6 weeks from paying a deposit and now has to be ordered direct from the factory and have a wait until the end of November, so continue to troll the forums which are informative and appreciate the input by so many and have learnt a lot. Hopefully the software bugs may have been fixed by the time mine is built. Whilst waiting I came across these steps on EBay locally in Aussie, has anyone bought these if so are they ok and would they fit a 2014. JGC Overland ?

Thanks in advance.

Black Aluminum Side Steps Running Board FOR Jeep Grand Cherokee 2011 2013 | eBay

Andyp911.

Quick answer - Yes(ish).

The new model has pretty much the same body apart from the front and rear portions. There has been a face lift (new front bumper and headlights) New tailgate/panels (no lift glass) and rear lights. Tweaks to the engine, new gearbox and a new interior.

That said, and this is where the "ish" comes in (2011/2012 owners please correct me if wrong). Having looked at the instructions for a similar set of steps/boards there appears to have been an additional wiring conduit run on the drivers side, on the underside (see attached photos), that looks like a 2012 fitment (from the drawings and dependant upon bracketing) may clash with that conduit. Look hard before buying. Ask for the installation instructions to be sure and then make your decision from there.

Also, if you have opted for the ORAII option, then the holes used for some after market bars/steps (bolt with a welded plate that wedges into the chassis) use a hole that is subsequently covered on the passenger side. Some suppliers provide an alternative "bracket" that uses a "bash" plate bolt rather than the hole, some do not appear to provide that option.

I can e-mail an examples if you would like. PM me if you want the data that I have to date.

So horses for courses as they say.

Happy hunting.

Regards

Adrian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_0702.jpg (512.7 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0701.jpg (514.8 KB, 53 views)
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6506  
Old 08-29-2013, 08:34 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 158
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 582
new2jeepsa is on a distinguished road
Andy...I don't know how much help this will be...but this is pictures of the 2014 mopar side steps and the underbody connection. There is 3 of these connections for the one side step.

Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20130829_230016.jpg (90.1 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20130829_230057.jpg (74.9 KB, 31 views)
__________________

__________________
2014 Jeep Limited CRD
soon to have b/g twins on board
Reply With Quote
  #6507  
Old 08-29-2013, 08:48 AM
anaraya9's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2013 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brisbane,QLD
Posts: 53
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 618
anaraya9 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Hello Everyone,

I have been reading the posts lately but have not posted anything. I am a bit concerned with all the problems you all are (were) having with your new JGC. Hopefully, by the time i get mine some of the issues get resolved but i won't hold my breath.

Anyway, my first order was totally screwed up by Jeep Australia, they ordered a wrong exterior and interior color despite the right order sheet that i had them fill out.
I had to place another order on July 2nd. Today i got my Vin Number from my dealership. Vehicle is built, to be delivered in November. This time the exterior and interior is correct.
Has anyone here had their orders screwed up or was i the only unlucky one?

Thank you to everyone who have contributed so many useful info here.



Till then this is my ride........

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum - anaraya9's Album: Album 2 - Picture
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6508  
Old 08-29-2013, 10:48 AM
Barboots's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,171
Thanks: 17
Thanked 90 Times in 77 Posts
Rep Power: 2407
Barboots has disabled reputation
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2jeepsa View Post
Andy...I don't know how much help this will be...but this is pictures of the 2014 mopar side steps and the underbody connection. There is 3 of these connections for the one side step.

Steve
Thanks Steve, I've been meaning to ask how some of the side steps / rock rails mount. I appreciate the info.

Cheers,
Steve
__________________
2014 Overland CRD
Perth, Western Australia
Reply With Quote
  #6509  
Old 08-29-2013, 10:52 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 101
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 528
chooke is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Picked up my Jeep from its 1000km check up and the list of faults. Most of the faults are still there as they relate to the uconnect/climate control which the dealer says the software fix is only a few days away. They could not diagnose any faults with the Evic disappearing (only happened once), cruise control sometimes not working and auto headlights issue is apparently "normal". The rattle/vibration behind the dash is still there (they could not fault it until I picked up the car and demonstrated it).

I am still waiting for the towbar and reversing camera - the dealer could not give a time frame except "soon". On the plus side, they apparently did change the oil and filter even though it is not required, and gave me a loan car for the day.

The crome oval side steps, mud flaps and metal sill panels have now arrived from the USA, all genuine MOPAR. The cost for them all was about $800 aud delivered.

I have now done close to 1500kms and I have noticed a quirk with the driving position which is probably just me, or a legacy of the Jeep being a RHD design, but I'd be interested if anyone else finds this. I just can't get my left leg (or more specifically foot) in a comfortable position. If I adjust the seat and column exactly how I like it, I find there is nowhere to rest my left foot. The angle of the floor pan and the lack of a footrest is the issue. If I compromise the seating position, ie moving it more forward, so my foot is flat on the floor, then my leg interferes with the stupid foot parking brake. If I move the seat somewhere between the two to strike a balance, then it is ok'ish for a while but then I get pins and needles in my leg after an hour or so at the wheel.

Btw I am 5"9 medium build/weight with normal length legs and arms.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6510  
Old 08-29-2013, 03:47 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 81
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 550
Buster01 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by chooke View Post
Picked up my Jeep from its 1000km check up and the list of faults. Most of the faults are still there as they relate to the uconnect/climate control which the dealer says the software fix is only a few days away. They could not diagnose any faults with the Evic disappearing (only happened once), cruise control sometimes not working and auto headlights issue is apparently "normal". The rattle/vibration behind the dash is still there (they could not fault it until I picked up the car and demonstrated it).

I am still waiting for the towbar and reversing camera - the dealer could not give a time frame except "soon". On the plus side, they apparently did change the oil and filter even though it is not required, and gave me a loan car for the day.

The crome oval side steps, mud flaps and metal sill panels have now arrived from the USA, all genuine MOPAR. The cost for them all was about $800 aud delivered.

I have now done close to 1500kms and I have noticed a quirk with the driving position which is probably just me, or a legacy of the Jeep being a RHD design, but I'd be interested if anyone else finds this. I just can't get my left leg (or more specifically foot) in a comfortable position. If I adjust the seat and column exactly how I like it, I find there is nowhere to rest my left foot. The angle of the floor pan and the lack of a footrest is the issue. If I compromise the seating position, ie moving it more forward, so my foot is flat on the floor, then my leg interferes with the stupid foot parking brake. If I move the seat somewhere between the two to strike a balance, then it is ok'ish for a while but then I get pins and needles in my leg after an hour or so at the wheel.

Btw I am 5"9 medium build/weight with normal length legs and arms.
No, not just you, my husband ( same height) really struggles with the foot brake position too. I feel as if I am not sitting dead centre of the steering wheel. Driving felt very odd to me. I finally realised part of the problem was that the car was pulling to the left. I reported it so they rotated the wheels. This has helped but I still feel off centre.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6511  
Old 08-29-2013, 04:34 PM
GMWK2's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney
Posts: 928
Thanks: 21
Thanked 53 Times in 48 Posts
Rep Power: 1860
GMWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeGMWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeGMWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeGMWK2 has a reputation beyond repute
I know you all want to take delivery of yr new car, but taking delivery without the reversing camera, tow bar etc is nuts. Jeep aus are hopeless at following these things up. If you all refused to take delivery they would put the cameras on a plane and get them here quick smart rather than the delays.

You get what you are willing to accept.

Wonder what ACCC would think about jeep not providing this critical safety item.
__________________
2012 Mineral Grey CRD Laredo, Off Road Adventure II, Quadra Drive II, Quadra Lift, Cooper AT3, Stupid Useless JA Recovery Hook (modified) and sand mode software upgrade on 8 April 2013, full size alloy spare, GME TX3345, Chief Products recovery hook and bash plate, Jeep Garage sticker
Reply With Quote
  #6512  
Old 08-29-2013, 05:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: JANE BROOK W.A.
Posts: 106
Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 707
Kevin P is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMWK2 View Post
I know you all want to take delivery of yr new car, but taking delivery without the reversing camera, tow bar etc is nuts. Jeep aus are hopeless at following these things up. If you all refused to take delivery they would put the cameras on a plane and get them here quick smart rather than the delays.

You get what you are willing to accept.

Wonder what ACCC would think about jeep not providing this critical safety item.
Are reversing cameras mandatory??
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6513  
Old 08-29-2013, 05:11 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne - Australia
Posts: 94
Thanks: 17
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 529
Andyp911 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaraya9 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I have been reading the posts lately but have not posted anything. I am a bit concerned with all the problems you all are (were) having with your new JGC. Hopefully, by the time i get mine some of the issues get resolved but i won't hold my breath.

Anyway, my first order was totally screwed up by Jeep Australia, they ordered a wrong exterior and interior color despite the right order sheet that i had them fill out.
I had to place another order on July 2nd. Today i got my Vin Number from my dealership. Vehicle is built, to be delivered in November. This time the exterior and interior is correct.
Has anyone here had their orders screwed up or was i the only unlucky one?

Thank you to everyone who have contributed so many useful info here.



Till then this is my ride........

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum - anaraya9's Album: Album 2 - Picture
Hi Ananaraya yes I was messed round too. I wanted the light beige interior and was told that although few and far between, JA did in fact initiate bringing some into the country and as Granite was a popular colour they would be able to assign a vehicle to me.........wrong! 6 weeks on still heard nothing and continual calls back to the dealer resulted in all of a sudden a factory order being placed with a delivery estimated late November. Although you said that your vehicle is not due in until November, your order tracking is just above mine on the list and yours appears to show delivery of mid September not November, wish that was the case for me.
__________________
Waiting for 2014 JGC Overland CRD Granite light beige interior

Collect at 12noon this Fridday, cant wait !
Reply With Quote
  #6514  
Old 08-29-2013, 05:26 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne - Australia
Posts: 94
Thanks: 17
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 529
Andyp911 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Hi everyone, I am interested about people's comments about the lack of a footrest. I currently drive a Calais and have a footrest which has become second nature in terms of access. I have read elsewhere suggestions about installing a footrest, but always have reservations about drilling through a firewall or tunnel into the unknown the other side.

I have got the light beige on order unfortunately the darker carpet with this trim option is not available on the Overland. In my current Calais I have the light urban interior like the light beige and was always concerned about the soiling. The Jeep carpet mats are just like the Holden ones I.e. small and no not provide much coverage. I bought special moulded carpet mats from a place in Dandenong for the Calais, these are full wrap around that run up the sides to an extent and am going to look at getting some made for my Overland when I finally get I and have some form of footrest incorporated to the underside of the drivers mat to provide me with a footrest.
__________________
Waiting for 2014 JGC Overland CRD Granite light beige interior

Collect at 12noon this Fridday, cant wait !
Reply With Quote
  #6515  
Old 08-29-2013, 05:31 PM
GMWK2's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney
Posts: 928
Thanks: 21
Thanked 53 Times in 48 Posts
Rep Power: 1860
GMWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeGMWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeGMWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeGMWK2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Are reversing cameras mandatory??
They are a component of the NCAP star rating. Which is only 4 for the GC by the way.
__________________
2012 Mineral Grey CRD Laredo, Off Road Adventure II, Quadra Drive II, Quadra Lift, Cooper AT3, Stupid Useless JA Recovery Hook (modified) and sand mode software upgrade on 8 April 2013, full size alloy spare, GME TX3345, Chief Products recovery hook and bash plate, Jeep Garage sticker
Reply With Quote
  #6516  
Old 08-29-2013, 05:44 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne - Australia
Posts: 94
Thanks: 17
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 529
Andyp911 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

New2jeep and Adriwood, thank you both very much for taking the time to reply to my question re running rails. The ones on EBay look tempting, but makes no reference to 2014 install and usually ends up the same old story I .e. you only get what you pay for. To make sure I get ones that will fit will probably put the onus on the dealer to supply and fit, although I have a dilemma in that my vehicle is being supplied by an interstate dealer and final delivery, rego etc is being done by Patricks in Melbourne so not sure if they do accessory supply and installs ie, tow bar, mud flaps and running rails etc.
__________________

__________________
Waiting for 2014 JGC Overland CRD Granite light beige interior

Collect at 12noon this Fridday, cant wait !
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 wk2 au, australia, SRT, wk2, wk2 au, wk2 srt

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Grand Cherokee - Ordering Information and Pricing Milous Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 8289 09-09-2014 11:33 AM
TSB and Recall information: 1993-2015 Grand Cherokee & 2006-2010 Commander Milous Technical Service Bulletins and Recalls 5 07-23-2014 09:48 PM
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2014 MB E-class Comparison Dan JGC Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 7 01-15-2013 10:39 AM
***JeepGarage Exclusive***Latest information and updates on the "WK2" Grand Cherokee Milous Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 4 07-20-2010 06:17 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community