Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Export Grand Cherokee 2011+

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #6517  
Old 08-29-2013, 05:45 PM
allypally's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NW Sydney
Posts: 2,159
Thanks: 24
Thanked 125 Times in 104 Posts
Rep Power: 55559
allypally has a reputation beyond reputeallypally has a reputation beyond reputeallypally has a reputation beyond reputeallypally has a reputation beyond reputeallypally has a reputation beyond reputeallypally has a reputation beyond reputeallypally has a reputation beyond reputeallypally has a reputation beyond reputeallypally has a reputation beyond reputeallypally has a reputation beyond reputeallypally has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaraya9 View Post
Hello Everyone,

Anyway, my first order was totally screwed up by Jeep Australia, they ordered a wrong exterior and interior color despite the right order sheet that i had them fill out.
I had to place another order on July 2nd. Today i got my Vin Number from my dealership. Vehicle is built, to be delivered in November. This time the exterior and interior is correct.
Has anyone here had their orders screwed up or was i the only unlucky one?

Thank you to everyone who have contributed so many useful info here.



Till then this is my ride........

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum - anaraya9's Album: Album 2 - Picture
It is NOT UNUSUAL for Jeep Australia to screw up orders. You have only had 1 car built incorrectly. I had 2 built with the wrong interior.
I think the Order Placement chick in Jeep Australia is dyslexic, or a work experience, colour blind, moron. I don't know how else to express it.
The only way you can be sure that what you ordered is what will be delivered, is to get a BUILD SHEET from Milous, and check the details yourself. Dont rely on the dealer, who only confirms "something has been built and will be delivered.... soon".
__________________

__________________
MY12 Overland CRD
Cherry Red
Saddle Interior.
Front Recovery Hook.
Reply With Quote
  #6518  
Old 08-29-2013, 05:59 PM
GMWK2's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney
Posts: 917
Thanks: 21
Thanked 51 Times in 46 Posts
Rep Power: 1842
GMWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeGMWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeGMWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeGMWK2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

I checked on reversing cameras :

The fitting of reversing cameras on passenger vehicles is not a mandatory requirement of either the Australian Government (regulatory) or ANCAP (non-regulatory).

From an ANCAP perspective, reversing cameras are classified as an "Additional Safety Assist Technology (SAT)" which can be counted towards the minimum number of "Additional SAT" required for each star rating level, however the specific benefits of reversing cameras are not specifically assessed as part of the ANCAP safety rating process.

The Australian Government, through the Monash University Accident Research Centre (MUARC), is however conducting research into the effectiveness of vehicle reversing cameras. See:
https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/safety/driveway_safety/files/ck_release_2013_June_ck016_2013.pdf

For more information, you may wish to make contact with the Department of Infrastructure & Transport which regulates vehicle safety in Australia:
www.infrastructure.gov.au
__________________

__________________
2012 Mineral Grey CRD Laredo, Off Road Adventure II, Quadra Drive II, Quadra Lift, Cooper AT3, Stupid Useless JA Recovery Hook (modified) and sand mode software upgrade on 8 April 2013, full size alloy spare, GME TX3345, Chief Products recovery hook and bash plate, Jeep Garage sticker
Reply With Quote
  #6519  
Old 08-29-2013, 06:21 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Rockingham, WA
Posts: 63
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 558
adriwood is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyp911 View Post
New2jeep and Adriwood, thank you both very much for taking the time to reply to my question re running rails. The ones on EBay look tempting, but makes no reference to 2014 install and usually ends up the same old story I .e. you only get what you pay for. To make sure I get ones that will fit will probably put the onus on the dealer to supply and fit, although I have a dilemma in that my vehicle is being supplied by an interstate dealer and final delivery, rego etc is being done by Patricks in Melbourne so not sure if they do accessory supply and installs ie, tow bar, mud flaps and running rails etc.
Andyp911.

Before you spend approx. $1000 have a look at this site.

JEEP Grand Cherokee Side Step(Side bar)

Regards

Adrian.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6520  
Old 08-29-2013, 06:22 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: JANE BROOK W.A.
Posts: 106
Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 700
Kevin P is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMWK2 View Post
I checked on reversing cameras :

The fitting of reversing cameras on passenger vehicles is not a mandatory requirement of either the Australian Government (regulatory) or ANCAP (non-regulatory).

From an ANCAP perspective, reversing cameras are classified as an "Additional Safety Assist Technology (SAT)" which can be counted towards the minimum number of "Additional SAT" required for each star rating level, however the specific benefits of reversing cameras are not specifically assessed as part of the ANCAP safety rating process.

The Australian Government, through the Monash University Accident Research Centre (MUARC), is however conducting research into the effectiveness of vehicle reversing cameras. See:
https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/safety/driveway_safety/files/ck_release_2013_June_ck016_2013.pdf

For more information, you may wish to make contact with the Department of Infrastructure & Transport which regulates vehicle safety in Australia:
www.infrastructure.gov.au
Thanks for the insight, but because they are not compulsory then JAU are not breaking any rules, however I agree with you that if they form part of the contract then they should be fitted on delivery. Same, same you wait 6 months or more for the vehicle & you just want it, the extra's can wait.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6521  
Old 08-29-2013, 06:29 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 977
Thanks: 18
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Rep Power: 2558
webber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJandL View Post
10,000 first service for us as well. Half way there. Might get the tow bar done at the same time.
You're doing well, we've only just clocked 3000k. Hoping next year to drive it all the way to Agnes Water/Town of 1770 where we have a couple of apartments. If you want to know where paradise is then goggle Agnes Water/Town of 1770. Everyone knows Captain Cook sailed into your Botany Bay. A few scholars know he sailed into Cooktown to repair his ship but how many know he landed at the "Town of 1770" in May 1770? He thought it a desolate place and sailed out again after collecting water, a Turkey and plant material. If only he had known it was to become paradise he would have "set up shack".
__________________
Guess who's getting up to "hanky panky" with a gorgeous young blonde in the shed each night?
Reply With Quote
  #6522  
Old 08-29-2013, 06:36 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 977
Thanks: 18
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Rep Power: 2558
webber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by chooke View Post
Picked up my Jeep from its 1000km check up and the list of faults. Most of the faults are still there as they relate to the uconnect/climate control which the dealer says the software fix is only a few days away. They could not diagnose any faults with the Evic disappearing (only happened once), cruise control sometimes not working and auto headlights issue is apparently "normal". The rattle/vibration behind the dash is still there (they could not fault it until I picked up the car and demonstrated it).

I am still waiting for the towbar and reversing camera - the dealer could not give a time frame except "soon". On the plus side, they apparently did change the oil and filter even though it is not required, and gave me a loan car for the day.

The crome oval side steps, mud flaps and metal sill panels have now arrived from the USA, all genuine MOPAR. The cost for them all was about $800 aud delivered.

I have now done close to 1500kms and I have noticed a quirk with the driving position which is probably just me, or a legacy of the Jeep being a RHD design, but I'd be interested if anyone else finds this. I just can't get my left leg (or more specifically foot) in a comfortable position. If I adjust the seat and column exactly how I like it, I find there is nowhere to rest my left foot. The angle of the floor pan and the lack of a footrest is the issue. If I compromise the seating position, ie moving it more forward, so my foot is flat on the floor, then my leg interferes with the stupid foot parking brake. If I move the seat somewhere between the two to strike a balance, then it is ok'ish for a while but then I get pins and needles in my leg after an hour or so at the wheel.

Btw I am 5"9 medium build/weight with normal length legs and arms.
I'd just amputate the leg. I am having no problems at all at 5'10 1/2" at 85kg. Hope you can work through that one because so unpleasant a drive if you can't get comfy.
__________________
Guess who's getting up to "hanky panky" with a gorgeous young blonde in the shed each night?
Reply With Quote
  #6523  
Old 08-29-2013, 06:40 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Melbourne - Australia
Posts: 54
Thanks: 1
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 726
G6JET is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriwood View Post
Andyp911.

Before you spend approx. $1000 have a look at this site.

JEEP Grand Cherokee Side Step(Side bar)

Regards

Adrian.
Jeep Grand Cherokee 2011 TO 2014 Stainless Steel Side Step Running Boards Pair | eBay
Bought a pair of these side steps and fitted them to my 2014 GC. Easy to fit , took about 1.5 hrs
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6524  
Old 08-29-2013, 07:02 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 158
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 575
new2jeepsa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by webber View Post

I'd just amputate the leg. I am having no problems at all at 5'10 1/2" at 85kg. Hope you can work through that one because so unpleasant a drive if you can't get comfy.
Much the same here... but it might have more to do with shoe size than leg length.... my leg has never touched park break but my foot does reach the angled incline.

As for rear camera.... they are fantastic and I would hate to park one without it....it would be a case of gentle goes until you hit sonething.. . Laughs.... after a month I am still trying to figure out where the front and back of the jeep is.

The side mirrors don't help much as they make everything look so far away. I've turned my head more in this car in a month than what I have turned it in the last 5 years.
__________________
2014 Jeep Limited CRD
soon to have b/g twins on board
Reply With Quote
  #6525  
Old 08-29-2013, 09:03 PM
anaraya9's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2013 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brisbane,QLD
Posts: 53
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 611
anaraya9 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyp911 View Post
Hi Ananaraya yes I was messed round too. I wanted the light beige interior and was told that although few and far between, JA did in fact initiate bringing some into the country and as Granite was a popular colour they would be able to assign a vehicle to me.........wrong! 6 weeks on still heard nothing and continual calls back to the dealer resulted in all of a sudden a factory order being placed with a delivery estimated late November. Although you said that your vehicle is not due in until November, your order tracking is just above mine on the list and yours appears to show delivery of mid September not November, wish that was the case for me.
Andyp11,

Yes my first delivery for the original order shows September but the exterior color is Max Steel not Granite as i had ordered. And according to my dealership here, the interior color was also wrong, i wanted beige they ordered black. Anyway my second order got built on the 20th of August, the dealer gave me the VIN and we crossed check yesterday with Jeep America, this time the exterior and interior color is right. Pheww.

He also stated that the hot and cold air problem has been fixed with a SW Patch.

Regards
Ameet
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6526  
Old 08-30-2013, 12:01 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 929
Thanks: 70
Thanked 93 Times in 82 Posts
Rep Power: 1612
SJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by webber View Post
You're doing well, we've only just clocked 3000k. Hoping next year to drive it all the way to Agnes Water/Town of 1770 where we have a couple of apartments. If you want to know where paradise is then goggle Agnes Water/Town of 1770. Everyone knows Captain Cook sailed into your Botany Bay. A few scholars know he sailed into Cooktown to repair his ship but how many know he landed at the "Town of 1770" in May 1770? He thought it a desolate place and sailed out again after collecting water, a Turkey and plant material. If only he had known it was to become paradise he would have "set up shack".
My husband read your post Webber and now I'm getting, 'Let's go there after my conference in July - we'll drive' I assumed he would fly to Brisbane, now you've planted other thoughts in his mind. Thanks - NOT. There is a reason why they invented planes.

In other news, I rang our dealership today with regards to the Climate Control issue. Chrysler Australia are well aware of it and subsequent to that, the service department of our dealership is also aware.

She said that they are expecting a software upgrade to be sent to them shortly from CA to correct the issue. She also mentioned that all vehicles are experiencing this issue, so I assume all variants. (which from the anecdata posted here, we already knew).

I'm to call again in two weeks to check whether the upgrade has been received.

ETA: I have no issues with the comfort of the driving seat. I'm 5'11" - 69kgs and my left leg rests quite comfortably against the centre console mainframe bit (not sure what it's called). I have found no difference in comfort from WK '07 to WK2 '14. Husband 6'1" - 100kgs also has no issue with being comfortable driving.
__________________
'07 WK Limited 5.7 Hemi
'14 WK2 Overland CRD ORAII

Ordered May 26th:
MY15 KL Limited Cherokee. True Blue/Moroccan Black. 2.0L CRD with Tech group, Electronics group, Pano and Stop/Start.

August 3rd - D1
Sept 12th - Built & KZ
Estimated Delivery to Port Kembla: Nov 9th.
Reply With Quote
  #6527  
Old 08-30-2013, 01:23 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Victoria
Posts: 23
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 430
GiGi is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Hi all,
Been MIA for a while because we've been away. I'm hanging to track back through the posts and see what's been happening. I'm hoping some of you have taken ownership of your vehicles and maybe there are a few pics!!!

I finally got my E number yesterday and i'd love to know how I go about getting the built sheet etc... can anyone advise??
also got told that the car is due end of oct!!!! not long to go now but feels like a life time away :-/
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6528  
Old 08-30-2013, 03:22 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Brisbane AUSTRALIA
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 453
StormRL is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chooke View Post
Picked up my Jeep from its 1000km check up and the list of faults. Most of the faults are still there as they relate to the uconnect/climate control which the dealer says the software fix is only a few days away. They could not diagnose any faults with the Evic disappearing (only happened once), cruise control sometimes not working and auto headlights issue is apparently "normal". The rattle/vibration behind the dash is still there (they could not fault it until I picked up the car and demonstrated it).

I am still waiting for the towbar and reversing camera - the dealer could not give a time frame except "soon". On the plus side, they apparently did change the oil and filter even though it is not required, and gave me a loan car for the day.

The crome oval side steps, mud flaps and metal sill panels have now arrived from the USA, all genuine MOPAR. The cost for them all was about $800 aud delivered.

I have now done close to 1500kms and I have noticed a quirk with the driving position which is probably just me, or a legacy of the Jeep being a RHD design, but I'd be interested if anyone else finds this. I just can't get my left leg (or more specifically foot) in a comfortable position. If I adjust the seat and column exactly how I like it, I find there is nowhere to rest my left foot. The angle of the floor pan and the lack of a footrest is the issue. If I compromise the seating position, ie moving it more forward, so my foot is flat on the floor, then my leg interferes with the stupid foot parking brake. If I move the seat somewhere between the two to strike a balance, then it is ok'ish for a while but then I get pins and needles in my leg after an hour or so at the wheel.

Btw I am 5"9 medium build/weight with normal length legs and arms.
Chooke, can you please post the link to the site that you bought the MOPAR side steps from. The US sites that I've found don't deliver to AUS. Thanks.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 wk2 au, australia, SRT, wk2, wk2 au, wk2 srt

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Grand Cherokee - Ordering Information and Pricing Milous Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 8289 09-09-2014 11:33 AM
TSB and Recall information: 1993-2015 Grand Cherokee & 2006-2010 Commander Milous Technical Service Bulletins and Recalls 5 07-23-2014 09:48 PM
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2014 MB E-class Comparison Dan JGC Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 7 01-15-2013 10:39 AM
***JeepGarage Exclusive***Latest information and updates on the "WK2" Grand Cherokee Milous Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 4 07-20-2010 06:17 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community