Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Export Grand Cherokee 2011+

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #6541  
Old 08-30-2013, 05:24 PM
mtech's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Melbourne, Aust
Posts: 28
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 550
mtech is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

I noticed on the SRT build sheet it says additional 3 gallons of gas.

I assume there is some standard level that all get and then the SRT gets a bit more so it doesn't get stranded on a ship, truck or train.

If it still had that much then they must put a bit in at the factory.

I have found most dealers will provide full tank but I do remember my father saying once that he was surprised that they included a bunch of flowers big enough to fill the whole back seat but not enough fuel to even get him home from 15kms away.
__________________

__________________
waiting for MY14 Deep Cherry Red SRT to arrive
Reply With Quote
  #6542  
Old 08-30-2013, 07:49 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 103
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 559
chooke is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormRL View Post
Chooke, can you please post the link to the site that you bought the MOPAR side steps from. The US sites that I've found don't deliver to AUS. Thanks.
Sure, just plain old Amazon - link below. Note that not all products can be shipped to Australia as it depends on which dealer stocks them and whether they ship internationally but most are available.

Webber, I laughed at the amputation suggestion. It is a solution but I suggest not the solution. Anyway I am looking at the possibility of fitting a footrest - perhaps wedging something at the corner of the floor plan. I drove my other half's Lancer the other day and the difference to leg comfort was stark.

Amazon.com: jeep
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6543  
Old 08-30-2013, 08:42 PM
Barboots's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,258
Thanks: 22
Thanked 100 Times in 86 Posts
Rep Power: 3481
Barboots has disabled reputation
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtech View Post
I noticed on the SRT build sheet it says additional 3 gallons of gas.

I assume there is some standard level that all get and then the SRT gets a bit more so it doesn't get stranded on a ship, truck or train.

If it still had that much then they must put a bit in at the factory.

I have found most dealers will provide full tank but I do remember my father saying once that he was surprised that they included a bunch of flowers big enough to fill the whole back seat but not enough fuel to even get him home from 15kms away.
I've heard people in WA collecting new cars that need to go straight to the servo. Typical odometer readings on cars at PD is around 40km.

Despite specifying a full tank, I got just over 3/4. I couldn't be bothered having a go at them over it, probably because reading the forum beforehand I knew there would be bigger issues on the agenda
__________________
2014 Overland CRD
Perth, Western Australia
Reply With Quote
  #6544  
Old 08-30-2013, 08:50 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brisbane QLD Australia
Posts: 768
Thanks: 13
Thanked 31 Times in 26 Posts
Rep Power: 2137
iboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barboots View Post

I've heard people in WA collecting new cars that need to go straight to the servo. Typical odometer readings on cars at PD is around 40km.

Despite specifying a full tank, I got just over 3/4. I couldn't be bothered having a go at them over it, probably because reading the forum beforehand I knew there would be bigger issues on the agenda
40k? Ours had 16km on it.
__________________
2014 Maximum Steel Overland, but the misses won't let me drive it!
Reply With Quote
  #6545  
Old 08-30-2013, 09:32 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 103
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 559
chooke is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by iboughtajeep View Post
40k? Ours had 16km on it.
Mine too - and a full tank of fuel
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6546  
Old 08-30-2013, 10:10 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 977
Thanks: 80
Thanked 108 Times in 96 Posts
Rep Power: 1696
SJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Ours had 50km on it. That raised my husbands eyebrows a bit but he didn't say anything. Do you think someone took it for a spin (or two) around the block?

A full tank came with it though, and that was in the contract but I think it's a standard inclusion with whatever car you purchase from that dealership.
__________________
'07 WK Limited 5.7 Hemi
'14 WK2 Overland CRD ORAII

Ordered May 26th:
MY15 KL Limited Cherokee. True Blue/Moroccan Black. 2.0L CRD with Tech group, Electronics group, Pano and Stop/Start.
Estimated Delivery to Port Kembla: Nov 1st
Reply With Quote
  #6547  
Old 08-30-2013, 10:30 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brisbane QLD Australia
Posts: 768
Thanks: 13
Thanked 31 Times in 26 Posts
Rep Power: 2137
iboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJandL View Post
Ours had 50km on it. That raised my husbands eyebrows a bit but he didn't say anything. Do you think someone took it for a spin (or two) around the block?

A full tank came with it though, and that was in the contract but I think it's a standard inclusion with whatever car you purchase from that dealership.
Not sure, and I doubt you will ever find out. I do remember taking the MY13 for a test, and all the dealer did was take the one in the showroom put some trader plates on it and away we went. I remember saying to my wife "someone will end up with a demo car as their new car".... Im pretty sure they aren't supposed to do what they did.... but who is going to stop them. I gave the test car a fair bit also. Not good for a car with under 50km on it.
__________________
2014 Maximum Steel Overland, but the misses won't let me drive it!
Reply With Quote
  #6548  
Old 08-30-2013, 10:42 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 977
Thanks: 80
Thanked 108 Times in 96 Posts
Rep Power: 1696
SJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Nah, you're right IBAJ. We'll never find out and it doesn't really matter now. We were expecting up to maybe 20km's on her but 50 (?). Someone most definitely had a bit of potter with her I think.

We sort of thought afterwards that we were a bit slack when we went to see it for the first time when it had first arrived at the dealership, still covered in plastic and whatnot, that we didn't ask for the key and turn her on. At that point we would have seen what was on the clock. But a week or so passed while they 'prepped' her before we could pick it up. I think that's when they (maybe ?) took it for a spin.

Added to the fact, that that was the only Overland that they had at the time. (and for a few weeks after actually - not sure if they even have a demo Overland now), but the second time we went back (in the same afternoon, because they were a bit busy the frist time we dropped in), there were customers all over it.

'That's my frigging car - get off it' was my initial thought. Not the customers fault of course but seriously - get out of my car.
__________________
'07 WK Limited 5.7 Hemi
'14 WK2 Overland CRD ORAII

Ordered May 26th:
MY15 KL Limited Cherokee. True Blue/Moroccan Black. 2.0L CRD with Tech group, Electronics group, Pano and Stop/Start.
Estimated Delivery to Port Kembla: Nov 1st
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SJandL For This Useful Post:
  #6549  
Old 08-30-2013, 10:46 PM
iwantanotherjeep's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 317
Thanks: 9
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 2164
iwantanotherjeep has a reputation beyond reputeiwantanotherjeep has a reputation beyond reputeiwantanotherjeep has a reputation beyond reputeiwantanotherjeep has a reputation beyond reputeiwantanotherjeep has a reputation beyond reputeiwantanotherjeep has a reputation beyond reputeiwantanotherjeep has a reputation beyond reputeiwantanotherjeep has a reputation beyond reputeiwantanotherjeep has a reputation beyond reputeiwantanotherjeep has a reputation beyond reputeiwantanotherjeep has a reputation beyond repute
Had a full tank and 12km.

On another topic, I took my CRD GC in for warranty repairs and all I got was could not replicate fault for all of my issues. Now I must say, I'm nick naming my jeep lickety split because it has a split personality and I never know which one I'm going to get. The good one appears about 50% of the time and drives smoothly and performs how it is suppose to. The bad one likes to shift rough and do all sorts of crap like have my front sensors blaring and the EVIC go blank.

Is anyone else getting the rough shifting on the CRD? The rough shifting is very noticeable in ECO mode and I get it approximately 90% of the time, especially in gears 1-2-3 while accelerating and stopping. Also I get high engine braking on downhills.

I change to normal drive and it improves but is still a little rough. I have noticed if I turn ECO off straightaway it usually stays smooth. I only used sport for the first time yesterday, I was a little angry on the way home and decided to pump up the music and give her a bit extra, so I'm not sure if it was rough because my driving wasn't exactly smooth. Great ride and handling though for a 2T truck
__________________
I have another Jeep :thumbsup:
MY14 Bright White GC Overland 3.0L CRD with Rock Rails :cool:
Reply With Quote
  #6550  
Old 08-30-2013, 10:51 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brisbane QLD Australia
Posts: 768
Thanks: 13
Thanked 31 Times in 26 Posts
Rep Power: 2137
iboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJandL View Post
Nah, you're right IBAJ. We'll never find out and it doesn't really matter now. We were expecting up to maybe 20km's on her but 50 (?). Someone most definitely had a bit of potter with her I think.

We sort of thought afterwards that we were a bit slack when we went to see it for the first time when it had first arrived at the dealership, still covered in plastic and whatnot, that we didn't ask for the key and turn her on. At that point we would have seen what was on the clock. But a week or so passed while they 'prepped' her before we could pick it up. I think that's when they (maybe ?) took it for a spin.

Added to the fact, that that was the only Overland that they had at the time. (and for a few weeks after actually - not sure if they even have a demo Overland now), but the second time we went back (in the same afternoon, because they were a bit busy the frist time we dropped in), there were customers all over it.

'That's my frigging car - get off it' was my initial thought. Not the customers fault of course but seriously - get out of my car.
Yeah when we picked ours up it wad in the show room with people in it. My wife walked up to them and politely asked them to get out of het car. I dont think they thought she was serious, so she said it again. The manager recognised us and then he asked them also. The manager apologised to us and told us it had been locked the whole time as they were waiting for for 5 weeks for us to come back from being OS. At the end of the day its a new car and they hadn't driven it and haven't done anything in it we haven't now done. We have a 3 yr old and her feet prints are all over the back of the passengers seat now.
__________________
2014 Maximum Steel Overland, but the misses won't let me drive it!
Reply With Quote
  #6551  
Old 08-30-2013, 10:55 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brisbane QLD Australia
Posts: 768
Thanks: 13
Thanked 31 Times in 26 Posts
Rep Power: 2137
iboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantanotherjeep View Post
Had a full tank and 12km.

On another topic, I took my CRD GC in for warranty repairs and all I got was could not replicate fault for all of my issues. Now I must say, I'm nick naming my jeep lickety split because it has a split personality and I never know which one I'm going to get. The good one appears about 50% of the time and drives smoothly and performs how it is suppose to. The bad one likes to shift rough and do all sorts of crap like have my front sensors blaring and the EVIC go blank.

Is anyone else getting the rough shifting on the CRD? The rough shifting is very noticeable in ECO mode and I get it approximately 90% of the time, especially in gears 1-2-3 while accelerating and stopping. Also I get high engine braking on downhills.

I change to normal drive and it improves but is still a little rough. I have noticed if I turn ECO off straightaway it usually stays smooth. I only used sport for the first time yesterday, I was a little angry on the way home and decided to pump up the music and give her a bit extra, so I'm not sure if it was rough because my driving wasn't exactly smooth. Great ride and handling though for a 2T truck
Dont know ill ask my wife. She has me sussed.. I only get to drive it when we go out so she can drink. ..... im such a sucker! She says that I didnt let her drive my car when it was new so she's paying me back.... mine was a ute!
__________________
2014 Maximum Steel Overland, but the misses won't let me drive it!
Reply With Quote
  #6552  
Old 08-30-2013, 11:48 PM
Gforce's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 317
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 960
Gforce is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcrh View Post
Hi All,

For car with air suspension, is side step a worthy accessory, apart from easy reach to roof? Your opinions are welcome.

thanks

mmc
I personally think they are a waste of money, have side steps on my Nissan Patrol and my wife did use them, but the Jeep sits lower so we have found that they are not required for easy entry / exit., so we have decided not to fit them to our GC Limited.
__________________

__________________
2014 GC Limited, CRD, White.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 wk2 au, australia, SRT, wk2, wk2 au, wk2 srt

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Grand Cherokee - Ordering Information and Pricing Milous Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 8289 09-09-2014 11:33 AM
TSB and Recall information: 1993-2015 Grand Cherokee & 2006-2010 Commander Milous Technical Service Bulletins and Recalls 5 07-23-2014 09:48 PM
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2014 MB E-class Comparison Dan JGC Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 7 01-15-2013 10:39 AM
***JeepGarage Exclusive***Latest information and updates on the "WK2" Grand Cherokee Milous Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 4 07-20-2010 06:17 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community