Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Export Grand Cherokee 2011+

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #6901  
Old 09-11-2013, 08:38 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 977
Thanks: 18
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Rep Power: 2659
webber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond reputewebber has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by hymer View Post
A Not So Happy Anniversary!!!

* On Monday the 16th September it will be TEN (10) months since I ordered my MY14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo CRD from Frankston Jeep.
* Today, It is FOUR (4) weeks since it arrived in Melbourne, Australia on the Good Ship Tarago.
* Chrysler/Jeep/Fiat/Dodge/RAM/Alpha Oz etc has promised to deliver ASAP because of the extensive wait.
* But have they?? Oh No they havent!!
* Since then I have been promised on a weekly basis the delivery to Frankston Jeep.
* From the director of Chrysler Corporate Affairs, Chrysler Southern Region manager, his underling "Best man" to the main mob at Frankston Jeep. Still not delivered.

Reasons (Excuses/Buckpassing)

* Prix Car Deliveries (a subcontractor to Chrysler OZ) has the job of getting them of the wharf, prepping and delivering them to the dealers.
* Generally it takes 3 to 10 days to do this (Mine a month...so far)
* Prix Cars have mine in a "BUILD" process??
* It only takes 3 days to manufacture the whole damned vehicle in the first place!!
* I find out that the "BUILD" process involves a wash and clean, confirming the manufacturing info and putting a Compliance sticker on it. Been told a 2 hour job.
* So has my vehicle been subject to damage and undertaking repairs??
* How would I know???

At the end of delivery (Finally) I will be sending a critique to Chrysler/Jeep/Fiat/Dodge/RAM/Alpha Oz etc outlining my personal issues BUT also issues that many,many owners have with their Corporate style.

PS; I think I have been banned from Jeep Aust Facebook page (who cares) because I have asked the "WHEN" question too many times!!

Probably finish up in the rubbish bin but who knows.

I'm sure I will enjoy my MY14 Laredo by Christmas time. (2013 Christmas that is). It may even be called a MY15 by that stage!!


Bluey

Rob, this is disgusting. You know my story. I originally purchased an MY12 through Frankston and after waiting several months they got me the wrong colour. I am really feeling for you. If this all turns upside down please contact me and I will ring Val for you at Werribee Jeep and see if I can set something up for you. Val Has taken over from Shannon, and everyone knows how good Shannon was. Indications so far are that VAl will be as good as Shannon or better so I don't mind ringing Val for you if it comes to that and make a plea on your behalf. As far as that goes, if anyone out there is still contemplating buying a Grand Cherokee send me a PM and let me see if I can do any better for you. Oh, and let me add. Shannon is still at Werribee Jeep. It's just that he has moved on to bigger and better things. I only got a "teasing" sms from Shannon the other day.
__________________

__________________
Guess who's getting up to "hanky panky" with a gorgeous young blonde in the shed each night?
Reply With Quote
  #6902  
Old 09-11-2013, 09:31 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 159
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 677
new2jeepsa is on a distinguished road
Can't wait to see the film of the 2014 from some unusual angles when someone attaches a camera to their r/c helicopter
__________________

__________________
2014 Jeep Limited CRD
soon to have b/g twins on board
Reply With Quote
  #6903  
Old 09-11-2013, 09:34 PM
xdra10's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 95
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 590
xdra10 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

I towed with my MY14 Jeep overland CRD on the weekend for the first time and I was very impressed.
I tow a 20 foot Nautique ski boat that weighs 2450kgs including the trailer, all the ski gear and fuel.
The Jeep towed it like nothing I have ever driven before, used way less fuel and the air suspension was just amazing for ride quality and self leveling.
Very happy with my choice in Jeep as a tow vehicle.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6904  
Old 09-12-2013, 12:38 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brisbane QLD Australia
Posts: 835
Thanks: 13
Thanked 37 Times in 32 Posts
Rep Power: 2269
iboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond repute
Hymer, what colour was/is your Laredo?
__________________
2014 Maximum Steel Overland, but the misses won't let me drive it!
Reply With Quote
  #6905  
Old 09-12-2013, 01:26 AM
JustinS's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 91
Thanks: 83
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 803
JustinS is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

HAHA well some of these multirotors can fly themselves, a feature a little while off for a Jeep I suspect
Shame we're in different states, a line up of '14 Overlands at a flying site full of RC gear would be cool
Great idea new2jeepsa, will get some hd vids up of my '14 Overland from above soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webber View Post
Justin, this Joseph guy knows his stuff. He has even conned me into going down this path. I am about to purchase my first TriCopter. Joseph has assured me I will be able to fly that better than I can drive my Jeep.
__________________
'14 GC Overland Granite
Reply With Quote
  #6906  
Old 09-12-2013, 01:28 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 110
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 631
chooke is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

I haven't heard from the dealer for a while regarding the rear camera, towbar, dash vibration/rattle, unconnect software so I gave them a call. Still no camera, but apparently the wiring harness for the towbar has come through. I asked about the software update and they told me they are still waiting for this update. I replied that this was released over a week ago and their service department should have bulletin info as well as the software which they replied they don't have it. Is that possible?

I get the feeling that I'm getting a fob off by the dealer due to a dispute on the extended "factory" warranty. As you all know, this is an expensive product but I thought worth it for a factory warranty. I finally got the T&Cs in the post with the form to sign (well I had to asked for the T&Cs) and it turns out the warranty is not transferrable, you are tied into dealer servicing, there are quite a few exclusions including anything to do with the body or trim, you have to pay for (dealer) diagnosis before claiming on the policy which is non-refundable and worse, it appears to be pro-rata, ie you need to pay a difference if the new part is better (ie newer) than the old part.

This was all confirmed by Jeep Australia but as I haven't signed the form yet (although I paid the dealer when I purchased the Jeep), there is no issue from Jeep administration if I cancelled the policy. To me the extended warranty is useless, let alone a $3k product, as I wouldn't tie myself to dealer servicing that far into ownership and the transferrable part was important as I usually sell my cars after 3 or 4 years. The dealer so far refuses to refund the policy, even though the product was misrepresented to me as a factory warranty and the fact that I haven't signed the application form. It has been escalated upwards in the dealer so we'll see what happens.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6907  
Old 09-12-2013, 02:31 AM
hymer's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 451
Thanks: 2
Thanked 46 Times in 33 Posts
Rep Power: 1509
hymer has a reputation beyond reputehymer has a reputation beyond reputehymer has a reputation beyond reputehymer has a reputation beyond reputehymer has a reputation beyond reputehymer has a reputation beyond reputehymer has a reputation beyond reputehymer has a reputation beyond reputehymer has a reputation beyond reputehymer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

IBAJ,

Hopefully its a Deep Cherry Red Laredo CRD with Quadralift and Sunroof.
Thats what the Build Sheet I got from Milouse said anyways.

But hey, I may get the mystery box and find out its a Compass instead!!

Lets hope not IBAJ, as i may not be a happy chappy any more!

Its this colour I hope AND HOPE IT STILL IS.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6908  
Old 09-12-2013, 04:39 AM
lt4vette's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: On a farm 200km north of Sydney Australia
Posts: 331
Thanks: 108
Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 922
lt4vette is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by chooke View Post
I haven't heard from the dealer for a while regarding the rear camera, towbar, dash vibration/rattle, unconnect software so I gave them a call. Still no camera, but apparently the wiring harness for the towbar has come through. I asked about the software update and they told me they are still waiting for this update. I replied that this was released over a week ago and their service department should have bulletin info as well as the software which they replied they don't have it. Is that possible?

I get the feeling that I'm getting a fob off by the dealer due to a dispute on the extended "factory" warranty. As you all know, this is an expensive product but I thought worth it for a factory warranty. I finally got the T&Cs in the post with the form to sign (well I had to asked for the T&Cs) and it turns out the warranty is not transferrable, you are tied into dealer servicing, there are quite a few exclusions including anything to do with the body or trim, you have to pay for (dealer) diagnosis before claiming on the policy which is non-refundable and worse, it appears to be pro-rata, ie you need to pay a difference if the new part is better (ie newer) than the old part.

This was all confirmed by Jeep Australia but as I haven't signed the form yet (although I paid the dealer when I purchased the Jeep), there is no issue from Jeep administration if I cancelled the policy. To me the extended warranty is useless, let alone a $3k product, as I wouldn't tie myself to dealer servicing that far into ownership and the transferrable part was important as I usually sell my cars after 3 or 4 years. The dealer so far refuses to refund the policy, even though the product was misrepresented to me as a factory warranty and the fact that I haven't signed the application form. It has been escalated upwards in the dealer so we'll see what happens.
Hi Chooke,
Can you tell us what the extended warranty is? Is it the one underwritten by Swann Insurance, but with Chrysler Jeep written all over it? I am trying to decide whether to buy it for my (soon to arrive) JGC. If so, they told me I could get "exemption" from the dealer lock by getting the dealer to agree and tell Swann. My quote was about $2700, for 2 years and 100,000km extra.
Russell
__________________
2014 JGC Overland Cherry Red Off Road Adventure Package, ARB colour coded bar, 265/65/18 BFG's
Reply With Quote
  #6909  
Old 09-12-2013, 05:42 AM
Twscoot's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1315
Twscoot is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

I read the conditions very carefully and was not worth it in my opinion. There were simply far too many exclusions.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6910  
Old 09-12-2013, 05:53 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brisbane QLD Australia
Posts: 835
Thanks: 13
Thanked 37 Times in 32 Posts
Rep Power: 2269
iboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond reputeiboughtajeep has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by hymer View Post
IBAJ,

Hopefully its a Deep Cherry Red Laredo CRD with Quadralift and Sunroof.
Thats what the Build Sheet I got from Milouse said anyways.

But hey, I may get the mystery box and find out its a Compass instead!!

Lets hope not IBAJ, as i may not be a happy chappy any more!

Its this colour I hope AND HOPE IT STILL IS.
I heard from a very reliable source that there was one to that exact spec that was involved in an incident...... honest it was a extremely reliable source..... it really was......

Edit: the incident involved lots of rolling.....
__________________
2014 Maximum Steel Overland, but the misses won't let me drive it!
Reply With Quote
  #6911  
Old 09-12-2013, 06:36 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 110
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 631
chooke is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4vette View Post
Hi Chooke,
Can you tell us what the extended warranty is? Is it the one underwritten by Swann Insurance, but with Chrysler Jeep written all over it? I am trying to decide whether to buy it for my (soon to arrive) JGC. If so, they told me I could get "exemption" from the dealer lock by getting the dealer to agree and tell Swann. My quote was about $2700, for 2 years and 100,000km extra.
Russell
It is called Maximum Care Plus. The warranty booklet is Jeep branded, and the warranty administrator is an IAG number (they were very helpful btw, agreeing I shouldn't have to pay for a product which was misrepresented). The price you were quoted is about right. It is a lot of money even if it was a pure extension of the factory warranty, but for this....)
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chooke For This Useful Post:
  #6912  
Old 09-12-2013, 06:41 AM
hymer's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 451
Thanks: 2
Thanked 46 Times in 33 Posts
Rep Power: 1509
hymer has a reputation beyond reputehymer has a reputation beyond reputehymer has a reputation beyond reputehymer has a reputation beyond reputehymer has a reputation beyond reputehymer has a reputation beyond reputehymer has a reputation beyond reputehymer has a reputation beyond reputehymer has a reputation beyond reputehymer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

IBAJ,

Thanks for the reassurance. Makes me feel really good!

However, he/she has her sea legs now and he/she will be right for the Spirit of Tassie when we put her on it.

Keep those rumours coming IBAJ. Boy, rumours from Melbourne to Brissie make it a long way, dont they.

Bluey
Hang on this is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Baby!!!!!!!!!!! Those Mongrels!!!!!!!!!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 wk2 au, australia, SRT, wk2, wk2 au, wk2 srt

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TSB and Recall information: 1993-2015 Grand Cherokee & 2006-2010 Commander Milous Technical Service Bulletins and Recalls 8 12-08-2014 09:27 PM
2014 Grand Cherokee - Ordering Information and Pricing Milous Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 8289 09-09-2014 11:33 AM
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2014 MB E-class Comparison Dan JGC Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 7 01-15-2013 10:39 AM
***JeepGarage Exclusive***Latest information and updates on the "WK2" Grand Cherokee Milous Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 4 07-20-2010 06:17 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.