Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Export Grand Cherokee 2011+

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #7645  
Old 10-16-2013, 12:11 AM
lt4vette's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: On a farm 200km north of Sydney Australia
Posts: 317
Thanks: 105
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Rep Power: 846
lt4vette is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENFORCER View Post
My CRD was one of the first to hit the roads in OZ and has just over 30,000km in just over 2 years.
I have NEVER had a DFP issue and my office is 3km from home and the car generally does many short runs.
I am not sure if the '14 are different, but I rarely drive for 30mins, but then I do drive with a heavy right foot. my economy is generally in the 13's/100km
Enforcer - I noticed that last year in another thread, you said that the DPF is bolted to the turbo (and therefore gets hotter). I crawled all over my CRD, and although I can see what I THINK is the DPF, I am not sure - and I sure can't see where it is bolted to the turbo. Can you give me some hints? Was your comment related to the 2014?
Does the fact it is designed to run as hot as possible, indicate whether it is a passive or active system?
Thanks,
Russell
EDIT: Just noticed you have a my2011, so I assume your observations relate to that. But still, can you tell me where it is and what it looks like?
__________________

__________________
2014 JGC Overland Cherry Red Off Road Adventure Package, ARB colour coded bar, 265/65/18 BFG's
Reply With Quote
  #7646  
Old 10-16-2013, 06:21 AM
Beggsy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 166
Thanks: 8
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 866
Beggsy is on a distinguished road
WOW WOW WOW, so took delivery of my baby today and absolutely love it !!! limited CRD , tow, pano was a stock just off the boat and ticked the boxes, it came with the lux 2 which even though I didn't order it is an absolutely awesome truck. So does anyone have a good window tinter in the sydney northern beaches area ? And how much was the overland grille anamoiz ?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7647  
Old 10-16-2013, 07:06 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Rockingham, WA
Posts: 69
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 602
adriwood is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

And now for what may be a completely new occurrence of the computer gremlins. Obviously this car is based on a windows operating system

Last night on the way home from taking our son to his swimming lesson, SWIMBO phoned home to report a totally new issue. The issues (all of them to date) seem only to happen to her, don't know why. Must be her alien powers or something.

The MY14 Laredo illuminated the parking brake light (parking brake reported as definitely off!) Parking brake/brake system warning light (next to it on lower right hand side of dash), ESC and ABS warnings (on left hand side of dash). To put the icing on the cake the speedo was reading Zero, Nada, Nothing whilst driving along.

Has anyone else experienced this?

To me this is far more than a niggling cruise control issue (discussed in another thread) or a frustrating wheel alignment issue (again previously discussed on this forum), this is a passenger safety issue that we have experienced as the built in safety features now seem to be having a CTRL/ALT/DEL/Reboot day as well

Car in for diagnostics tomorrow afternoon. Will report back.

Less than impressed.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7648  
Old 10-16-2013, 07:28 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Rep Power: 0
Hendo1680 is just really nice
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Long time reader of this forum and thought it was time to say thank you to everyone that has contributed, have had quite a few laughs while reading in bed at night when the boss has been asleep. Woke her up several times which is like poking the bear, not good.

Just returned from 4 weeks overseas and my larado is due for the 10 k service, have sent emails and contacted the jeep dealer that I got the car from about the reversing camera, cannot get an answer back. Must say I love the car but the service from the jeep dealer has been the worst I have ever had when buying a new car.

As I spend a lot of time in the city and the beast is a little larger than my last car, I need the reversing camera. Funny thing is I wasn't told when I got the car that I still wouldn't have it after 10000 klms of driving.

Just wondering if anybody has any comments on the reversing camera if they have had it fitted, when I left I think a couple of the guys were just starting to have them fitted and were not happy with the quality and I really don't want it fitted if it is not what jeep advertise. I am kind of hoping that the quality may have improved.

Once again everyone, thanks for the enjoyment over the last few months.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7649  
Old 10-16-2013, 03:37 PM
Jarse's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 108
Thanks: 2
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 566
Jarse is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beggsy View Post
WOW WOW WOW, so took delivery of my baby today and absolutely love it !!! limited CRD , tow, pano was a stock just off the boat and ticked the boxes, it came with the lux 2 which even though I didn't order it is an absolutely awesome truck. So does anyone have a good window tinter in the sydney northern beaches area ? And how much was the overland grille anamoiz ?
Beggsy,
Not on the Northern Beaches, but I got my GC done at Tint-a-Car West Ryde. Great service, and I got 15% off for getting the wifey's near new Corolla done. I chose a Sol-Ace (3M) Formula 1 tint because of its UV properties, and I've used it in previous cars with good success. It looks good, too

I've had my CG just under 2 weeks. It came with the reversing camera fitted. It works fine, but the lens is susceptible to dust and rain, so needs a wipe over on a regular basis.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7650  
Old 10-16-2013, 05:05 PM
ENFORCER's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,009
Thanks: 23
Thanked 95 Times in 77 Posts
Rep Power: 322049
ENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4vette View Post
Does the fact it is designed to run as hot as possible, indicate whether it is a passive or active system?
Thanks,
Russell
EDIT: Just noticed you have a my2011, so I assume your observations relate to that. But still, can you tell me where it is and what it looks like?
Hi Russell,
Yes I have a 2011 and the info about the DFP is only for the '11-'13 as it does look like they have moved to an active DFP system now in the '14.
The info was gatered by Google from places like VM Motori (they make our motors) and some articles that explain why it is a good motor.

I am sure that Jeep had their reasons to change the system, it would just be nice if they made this info more available so people know what is going on and not just speculating.
__________________
Previous Ride = 2011 JGC CRD Overland
Current Ride = 2014 Silver JGC SRT with Pano, HK and Spider monkeys.
Mods = CLSTech Ribbon Mod

Best 1/4 13.4@102Mph
Reply With Quote
  #7651  
Old 10-16-2013, 05:09 PM
ENFORCER's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,009
Thanks: 23
Thanked 95 Times in 77 Posts
Rep Power: 322049
ENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beggsy View Post
So does anyone have a good window tinter in the sydney northern beaches area ? anamoiz ?
Go and see my mate Ben at Solatint in Brookvale. Tell him Mal sent you.
He did a great job on my Jeep's front windows and has tinted many of my cars and many friends as well.
52 Winbourne Rd Brookvale NSW 2100
(02) 9905 6464
__________________
Previous Ride = 2011 JGC CRD Overland
Current Ride = 2014 Silver JGC SRT with Pano, HK and Spider monkeys.
Mods = CLSTech Ribbon Mod

Best 1/4 13.4@102Mph
Reply With Quote
  #7652  
Old 10-16-2013, 05:12 PM
ENFORCER's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,009
Thanks: 23
Thanked 95 Times in 77 Posts
Rep Power: 322049
ENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond reputeENFORCER has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendo1680 View Post

Just wondering if anybody has any comments on the reversing camera if they have had it fitted, when I left I think a couple of the guys were just starting to have them fitted and were not happy with the quality and I really don't want it fitted if it is not what jeep advertise. I am kind of hoping that the quality may have improved.

Once again everyone, thanks for the enjoyment over the last few months.
Mate call up Jeep and have a real bitch to them as it is not good enough. Jeep can kick your dealer into action (hopefully). If that fails, call up the ACCC as it breaks so many consumer laws, the way this has been handled.
__________________
Previous Ride = 2011 JGC CRD Overland
Current Ride = 2014 Silver JGC SRT with Pano, HK and Spider monkeys.
Mods = CLSTech Ribbon Mod

Best 1/4 13.4@102Mph
Reply With Quote
  #7653  
Old 10-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 981
Thanks: 82
Thanked 110 Times in 98 Posts
Rep Power: 1703
SJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond reputeSJandL has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriwood View Post
And now for what may be a completely new occurrence of the computer gremlins. Obviously this car is based on a windows operating system

Last night on the way home from taking our son to his swimming lesson, SWIMBO phoned home to report a totally new issue. The issues (all of them to date) seem only to happen to her, don't know why. Must be her alien powers or something.

The MY14 Laredo illuminated the parking brake light (parking brake reported as definitely off!) Parking brake/brake system warning light (next to it on lower right hand side of dash), ESC and ABS warnings (on left hand side of dash). To put the icing on the cake the speedo was reading Zero, Nada, Nothing whilst driving along.

Has anyone else experienced this?

To me this is far more than a niggling cruise control issue (discussed in another thread) or a frustrating wheel alignment issue (again previously discussed on this forum), this is a passenger safety issue that we have experienced as the built in safety features now seem to be having a CTRL/ALT/DEL/Reboot day as well

Car in for diagnostics tomorrow afternoon. Will report back.

Less than impressed.
I've experienced the loss of the EVIC once. No speedo reading, no fuel gauge reading, no RPM reading etc...

Perhaps it only happens to the SWMBO'ed variant because, like you, none of these things happen to my husband either.

Don't forget though there is a recall pending - date given is sometime in November. Perhaps this will fix the issues.

http://media.chrysler.com/newsrelease.do?id=14903&mid=1
__________________
'07 WK Limited 5.7 Hemi
'14 WK2 Overland CRD ORAII

Ordered May 26th:
MY15 KL Limited Cherokee. True Blue/Moroccan Black. 2.0L CRD with Tech group, Electronics group, Pano and Stop/Start.
Estimated Delivery to Port Kembla: Nov 1st
Reply With Quote
  #7654  
Old 10-16-2013, 08:00 PM
ansamoiz's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sydney
Posts: 77
Thanks: 9
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 484
ansamoiz is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beggsy View Post
WOW WOW WOW, so took delivery of my baby today and absolutely love it !!! limited CRD , tow, pano was a stock just off the boat and ticked the boxes, it came with the lux 2 which even though I didn't order it is an absolutely awesome truck. So does anyone have a good window tinter in the sydney northern beaches area ? And how much was the overland grille anamoiz ?
I ordered Chrome Grille (US$21), Chrome side mirror covers (US$90) and Sill Gaurds (US$80) plus delivery (US$90) from moparonline.com.
__________________
2014 Overland CRD Granite Crystal
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ansamoiz For This Useful Post:
  #7655  
Old 10-17-2013, 12:42 AM
iwantanotherjeep's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 317
Thanks: 9
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 2166
iwantanotherjeep has a reputation beyond reputeiwantanotherjeep has a reputation beyond reputeiwantanotherjeep has a reputation beyond reputeiwantanotherjeep has a reputation beyond reputeiwantanotherjeep has a reputation beyond reputeiwantanotherjeep has a reputation beyond reputeiwantanotherjeep has a reputation beyond reputeiwantanotherjeep has a reputation beyond reputeiwantanotherjeep has a reputation beyond reputeiwantanotherjeep has a reputation beyond reputeiwantanotherjeep has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansamoiz View Post

Picked up the car this afternoon. When I left the car there, It had 300 kms on the clock and quarter of the tank fuel used. When I picked up it had 325 KMs and half of the tank left. That means they only drove it for 25 KMs but burnt a quarter of the tank.

One thing I noticed that first couple of gears are very noticeable. Both at pick up and when slowing down at traffic light. I will see how I go in the next day or two.
Hi ansamoiz,

How did you go with the gears? Are they still very noticeable? My ECO mode is getting closer to undriveable. If I put my foot down, like when I'm merging out of a slow lane and into a fast lane, I get a huge lag and then it shifts harshly and takes off. Between gears 1-2-3 mine is very harsh on the up shift and down shift. I'm going to have to take her back in as soon as I get a chance.
__________________
I have another Jeep :thumbsup:
MY14 Bright White GC Overland 3.0L CRD with Rock Rails :cool:
Reply With Quote
  #7656  
Old 10-17-2013, 01:50 AM
ansamoiz's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sydney
Posts: 77
Thanks: 9
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 484
ansamoiz is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantanotherjeep View Post
Hi ansamoiz,

How did you go with the gears? Are they still very noticeable? My ECO mode is getting closer to undriveable. If I put my foot down, like when I'm merging out of a slow lane and into a fast lane, I get a huge lag and then it shifts harshly and takes off. Between gears 1-2-3 mine is very harsh on the up shift and down shift. I'm going to have to take her back in as soon as I get a chance.
First couple of gears are still noticeable in ECO mode. Particularly the second gear. But, not as bad as before. Its very smooth when not in ECO mode.
__________________

__________________
2014 Overland CRD Granite Crystal
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 wk2 au, australia, SRT, wk2, wk2 au, wk2 srt

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Grand Cherokee - Ordering Information and Pricing Milous Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 8289 09-09-2014 11:33 AM
TSB and Recall information: 1993-2015 Grand Cherokee & 2006-2010 Commander Milous Technical Service Bulletins and Recalls 5 07-23-2014 09:48 PM
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2014 MB E-class Comparison Dan JGC Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 7 01-15-2013 10:39 AM
***JeepGarage Exclusive***Latest information and updates on the "WK2" Grand Cherokee Milous Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 4 07-20-2010 06:17 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.