Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Export Grand Cherokee 2011+

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #9661  
Old 01-30-2014, 06:33 PM
SNUKE's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney, Aus
Posts: 2,857
Thanks: 68
Thanked 267 Times in 217 Posts
Rep Power: 5544
SNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

You may never need a regen, if the exhaust is hot enough, it will burn of the particulates by itself.
__________________

__________________
I'm just want it for the "shorter headlamps".

MY14 GC Limited, 3.0 CRD, Lux II, Granite Crystal, 18" Wheels, Tubular Side Steps.
Could I get my avatar much larger?
Ordered: July 7 2013 Delivered Nov 25th
Reply With Quote
  #9662  
Old 01-30-2014, 06:38 PM
Benn0's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 919
Thanks: 10
Thanked 58 Times in 51 Posts
Rep Power: 15984
Benn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Doesn't the regen message only appear in certain console modes?

The low km regens are interesting, I wonder if there is some residue left over from the manufacturing process that needs to be burnt off. I will be taking mine for a nice long drive when I pick it up.....
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9663  
Old 01-30-2014, 07:42 PM
Gforce's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 313
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Rep Power: 927
Gforce is a name known to all
I have been running a fuel consumption check over the last 3 tanks of diesel.

Results are :-

My calculation 7.64L per 100km, the Jeeps trip meter indicated 7.4 L
Second tank filling was 7.82 L per 100km, trip meter 7.6 L

So allowing for a little discrepancy it looks like the vehicles fuel flow readings are reasonably accurate.
My total average to date is showing 7.7 and best has been the magic 6.9 L. Best fuel consumption is around 95 to105 kph mark.

My gripe at present is that Fuel here at the BP Bribie Island is selling for 1.64 litre, on my road trip yesterday to Noosa the BP on the Bruce Hwy was selling it for $1.54... Why is is so?

Yes I know the answer ... Because they can.
__________________
2014 GC Limited, CRD, White.
Reply With Quote
  #9664  
Old 01-30-2014, 07:44 PM
Domo10's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Melbourne VIC AU
Posts: 286
Thanks: 29
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 752
Domo10 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY2014SRT View Post
Unfortunately it seems to be a common problem on some cars that do short trips. My wife drives 3k’s to work in traffic so that was my excuse to opt for a slightly larger petrol engine.

Here’s a bit of a rundown on what happens with the diesel Subaru.

Not sure if Jeep has similar tuning tools that could possibly assist to help fix issues. I know it’s a headache but I’d rather a 15 minute DIY than trekking to the closest service centre (provided they are willing to help)
Hi there,
Excellent post - very informative and important information.
In particular I hope people have a look and take note of the need to reset the oil life status, and how this compensates for dilution of the crank case oil from the blow off pipe. I am yet to have an oil change to see if this is being reset. Maybe those of you who have had an oil change recently should check.
Cheers,
__________________
MY14 GC Limited CRD, Maximum Steel, LuxII, Pano Roof, Side Steps, Enjoying it!!
Reply With Quote
  #9665  
Old 01-30-2014, 07:48 PM
Gforce's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 313
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Rep Power: 927
Gforce is a name known to all
Would one of you with the 18" wheels fitted please let me know what what the recommended Tyre pressure is, I had my 20" wheels replaced when I took delivery of the Jeep, my sticker states 36 psi.
Thanks.
__________________
2014 GC Limited, CRD, White.
Reply With Quote
  #9666  
Old 01-30-2014, 08:15 PM
Barboots's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,171
Thanks: 17
Thanked 90 Times in 77 Posts
Rep Power: 2407
Barboots has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforce View Post
Would one of you with the 18" wheels fitted please let me know what what the recommended Tyre pressure is, I had my 20" wheels replaced when I took delivery of the Jeep, my sticker states 36 psi.
Thanks.
Nope, no simple answer unless you want one that's just been made up Influences include the tyre construction, load, speed and ambient temperature.

I've used the "2psi rule" since having 4WDs and have never had irregular wear from inappropriate inflation. It takes a bit of experimentation, but produces a result correct for all variables. Tyre tables are another, but they are hard going! BobT is the man for the lowdown on this I think.

Anyway, for the 2psi rule, I find it easier to start with a higher cold pressure... say 40-46psi. Go for a high speed run for an hour and re-measure.
- If the pressure increased by less than 2psi, the starting pressure was too high. Lower and repeat at a later time when the tyres have cooled.
- If the pressure increased by more than 2psi, the starting pressure was too low. Increase and repeat at a later time when the tyres have cooled.

There's still variations... for example the margin may be considered 4psi if it's extremely hot.

The great thing is we can monitor the pressure variations while driving. It was extremely interesting for me on our Exmouth trip, which was the first run for my 18"s. I had the TPMS screen up more than any of the others. I must say that the girls thought it was a bit weird that I dicked around with the tyres each morning though.

Cheers,
Steve
__________________
2014 Overland CRD
Perth, Western Australia
Reply With Quote
  #9667  
Old 01-30-2014, 08:23 PM
Gforce's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 313
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Rep Power: 927
Gforce is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barboots View Post
Nope, no simple answer unless you want one that's just been made up Influences include the tyre construction, load, speed and ambient temperature. I've used the "2psi rule" since having 4WDs and have never had irregular wear from inappropriate inflation. It takes a bit of experimentation, but produces a result correct for all variables. Tyre tables are another, but they are hard going! BobT is the man for the lowdown on this I think. Anyway, for the 2psi rule, I find it easier to start with a higher cold pressure... say 40-46psi. Go for a high speed run for an hour and re-measure. - If the pressure increased by less than 2psi, the starting pressure was too high. Lower and repeat at a later time when the tyres have cooled. - If the pressure increased by more than 2psi, the starting pressure was too low. Increase and repeat at a later time when the tyres have cooled. There's still variations... for example the margin may be considered 4psi if it's extremely hot. The great thing is we can monitor the pressure variations while driving. It was extremely interesting for me on our Exmouth trip, which was the first run for my 18"s. I had the TPMS screen up more than any of the others. I must say that the girls thought it was a bit weird that I dicked around with the tyres each morning though. Cheers, Steve
Thanks Steve, very detailed response.
__________________
2014 GC Limited, CRD, White.
Reply With Quote
  #9668  
Old 01-31-2014, 06:07 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 74
Thanks: 13
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 665
Zillajnr is on a distinguished road
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforce View Post
Would one of you with the 18" wheels fitted please let me know what what the recommended Tyre pressure is, I had my 20" wheels replaced when I took delivery of the Jeep, my sticker states 36 psi.
Thanks.
Hi Gforce, my sticker shows for the P265/60R 18 109T tyres:
Front 33psi cold tyre inflation
Rear 33psi cold tyre inflation
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9669  
Old 01-31-2014, 07:57 AM
SNUKE's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney, Aus
Posts: 2,857
Thanks: 68
Thanked 267 Times in 217 Posts
Rep Power: 5544
SNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond reputeSNUKE has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee information - Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barboots View Post
- If the pressure increased by less than 2psi, the starting pressure was too high. Lower and repeat at a later time when the tyres have cooled.
I has 36psi in my Falcon, today it was 6psi, that definitely increased by less than 2%.
__________________
I'm just want it for the "shorter headlamps".

MY14 GC Limited, 3.0 CRD, Lux II, Granite Crystal, 18" Wheels, Tubular Side Steps.
Could I get my avatar much larger?
Ordered: July 7 2013 Delivered Nov 25th
Reply With Quote
  #9670  
Old 01-31-2014, 08:28 AM
Gforce's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 313
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Rep Power: 927
Gforce is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillajnr View Post
Hi Gforce, my sticker shows for the P265/60R 18 109T tyres: Front 33psi cold tyre inflation Rear 33psi cold tyre inflation
Thanks, thought the pressure is a little high at 36 psi, but not enough to cause concern.
Must admit I haven't regretted the change over to the 18's as it has saved a rim when the other day I got too close to the gutter, the tyre took the rub.
That extra tyre height makes a difference.
__________________
2014 GC Limited, CRD, White.
Reply With Quote
  #9671  
Old 01-31-2014, 09:12 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 38
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1905
rain13 has a reputation beyond reputerain13 has a reputation beyond reputerain13 has a reputation beyond reputerain13 has a reputation beyond reputerain13 has a reputation beyond reputerain13 has a reputation beyond reputerain13 has a reputation beyond reputerain13 has a reputation beyond reputerain13 has a reputation beyond reputerain13 has a reputation beyond reputerain13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforce View Post
I have been running a fuel consumption check over the last 3 tanks of diesel. Results are :- My calculation 7.64L per 100km, the Jeeps trip meter indicated 7.4 L Second tank filling was 7.82 L per 100km, trip meter 7.6 L So allowing for a little discrepancy it looks like the vehicles fuel flow readings are reasonably accurate. My total average to date is showing 7.7 and best has been the magic 6.9 L. Best fuel consumption is around 95 to105 kph mark. My gripe at present is that Fuel here at the BP Bribie Island is selling for 1.64 litre, on my road trip yesterday to Noosa the BP on the Bruce Hwy was selling it for $1.54... Why is is so? Yes I know the answer ... Because they can.
I'm getting 8's and 9's per 100klm out of mine does that mean I'm giving it too much?????
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9672  
Old 01-31-2014, 05:38 PM
Domo10's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Melbourne VIC AU
Posts: 286
Thanks: 29
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 752
Domo10 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rain13 View Post
I'm getting 8's and 9's per 100klm out of mine does that mean I'm giving it too much?????
I'm getting the same as you doing mainly City driving.
__________________

__________________
MY14 GC Limited CRD, Maximum Steel, LuxII, Pano Roof, Side Steps, Enjoying it!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 wk2 au, australia, SRT, wk2, wk2 au, wk2 srt

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Grand Cherokee - Ordering Information and Pricing Milous Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 8289 09-09-2014 11:33 AM
TSB and Recall information: 1993-2015 Grand Cherokee & 2006-2010 Commander Milous Technical Service Bulletins and Recalls 5 07-23-2014 09:48 PM
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2014 MB E-class Comparison Dan JGC Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 7 01-15-2013 10:39 AM
***JeepGarage Exclusive***Latest information and updates on the "WK2" Grand Cherokee Milous Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 4 07-20-2010 06:17 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community