Australia - TSB updates - Page 2 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Export Grand Cherokee 2011+

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 03-31-2015, 08:33 PM
Benn0's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 2,103
Thanks: 105
Thanked 334 Times in 262 Posts
Rep Power: 18747
Benn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Australia - TSB updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepking View Post
Ok, thank you, will cross this off the list.

I am worried about the DPF issue, read a lot on the forum and seems that it is not affected for my build date but never know. Hope the 18-045-14 update will address my concern.
Well that TSB is for the US model:
This bulletin involves verifying the proper operation of the Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF)system

This one is supposed to fix the DPF regen failure issue, but it only applies to MY14:
http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_1801914a.pdf

__________________
MY14 Grand Cherokee LTD CRD - ORA2 & QL | Mopar 18" Night Fever Rims & Rock Rails | Chief Recovery Hooks & Sump Skid Plate | STMaxx 275/65R18
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14  
Old 03-31-2015, 08:39 PM
Benn0's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 2,103
Thanks: 105
Thanked 334 Times in 262 Posts
Rep Power: 18747
Benn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Australia - TSB updates

This on may be applicable, but they may only apply it if you see symptoms (error codes recorded)
18-022-15 Flash: 3.0L Powertrain Diagnostic And System Enhancements

This one only applies to MY14:
18-023-15 Flash: 3.0 L MIL Illumination Diagnostic and System Improvements

This one is an RRT, so it should be applied no matter what:
18-074-14 The following software is being released to improve A/C compressor relay duty cycle operation to prevent ignition off battery draw
__________________
MY14 Grand Cherokee LTD CRD - ORA2 & QL | Mopar 18" Night Fever Rims & Rock Rails | Chief Recovery Hooks & Sump Skid Plate | STMaxx 275/65R18
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Benn0 For This Useful Post:
  #15  
Old 03-31-2015, 08:40 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: BrisVegas
Posts: 20
Thanks: 7
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Rep Power: 713
jeepking is on a distinguished road
Re: Australia - TSB updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn0 View Post
Well that TSB is for the US model:
This bulletin involves verifying the proper operation of the Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF)system

This one is supposed to fix the DPF regen failure issue, but it only applies to MY14:
http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_1801914a.pdf
Benn0, so I have to ask the service center to verify the DEF system is working properly?

Notice that you are in Brissy, may be we can meet up one day and you can teach me more about JGC.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-31-2015, 08:42 PM
Benn0's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 2,103
Thanks: 105
Thanked 334 Times in 262 Posts
Rep Power: 18747
Benn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Australia - TSB updates

So if I were you I'd tell them the steering wheel isn't straight and needs to be fixed, the eco button isn't remembering its setting and it should be (they may not be able to fix that straight away) and ask them which RRT/recalls they are applying.

If you have ever got a MIL light appear you can ask them to read the error codes and see if any TSBs are applicable.....
__________________
MY14 Grand Cherokee LTD CRD - ORA2 & QL | Mopar 18" Night Fever Rims & Rock Rails | Chief Recovery Hooks & Sump Skid Plate | STMaxx 275/65R18
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-31-2015, 08:44 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: BrisVegas
Posts: 20
Thanks: 7
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Rep Power: 713
jeepking is on a distinguished road
Re: Australia - TSB updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn0 View Post
So if I were you I'd tell them the steering wheel isn't straight and needs to be fixed, the eco button isn't remembering its setting and it should be (they may not be able to fix that straight away) and ask them which RRT/recalls they are applying.

If you have ever got a MIL light appear you can ask them to read the error codes and see if any TSBs are applicable.....

So far the is no MIL appearing.

What is RRT?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-31-2015, 08:44 PM
Benn0's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 2,103
Thanks: 105
Thanked 334 Times in 262 Posts
Rep Power: 18747
Benn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Australia - TSB updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepking View Post
Benn0, so I have to ask the service center to verify the DEF system is working properly?

Notice that you are in Brissy, may be we can meet up one day and you can teach me more about JGC.
The export models don't have DEF system (thank your lucky stars there!).

So anything that says it fixes DEF issues we don't worry about.

We have heaps of Brissy owners, I wouldn't mind setting up a meet one day, but I'm being smashed at the moment. Just found out I have a leak in my basement and I have to dig out a few tonnes of drainage gravel to get to it..... very unhappy!
__________________
MY14 Grand Cherokee LTD CRD - ORA2 & QL | Mopar 18" Night Fever Rims & Rock Rails | Chief Recovery Hooks & Sump Skid Plate | STMaxx 275/65R18
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-31-2015, 08:46 PM
Benn0's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 2,103
Thanks: 105
Thanked 334 Times in 262 Posts
Rep Power: 18747
Benn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Australia - TSB updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepking View Post
So far the is no MIL appearing.

What is RRT?
A bit like a recall, but it is addressed when you come in for your next service, and isn't a safety issue. It should get applied even if you aren't seeing symptoms of an issue. The DPF fix for the MY14s is an RRT, all MY14 cars are supposedly getting it applied, if the dealer is doing their job.
__________________
MY14 Grand Cherokee LTD CRD - ORA2 & QL | Mopar 18" Night Fever Rims & Rock Rails | Chief Recovery Hooks & Sump Skid Plate | STMaxx 275/65R18
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-31-2015, 08:47 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: BrisVegas
Posts: 20
Thanks: 7
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Rep Power: 713
jeepking is on a distinguished road
Re: Australia - TSB updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn0 View Post
The export models don't have DEF system (thank your lucky starts there!).

So anything that says it fixes DEF issues we don't worry about.

We have heaps of Brissy owners, I wouldn't mind setting up a meet one day, but I'm being smashed at the moment. Just found out I have a leak in my basement and I have to dig out a few tonnes of drainage gravel to get to it..... very unhappy!
No DEF , sorry for the newbie question, what is the limp mode issue that many Oz JGC has experience in the forum?

With the rain forecast this coming days, I wish you all the best to fix your leak.

It would be good if there is a Brissy JGC owner meet, i can learn more.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-31-2015, 08:53 PM
Benn0's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 2,103
Thanks: 105
Thanked 334 Times in 262 Posts
Rep Power: 18747
Benn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Australia - TSB updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepking View Post
No DEF , sorry for the newbie question, what is the limp mode issue that many Oz JGC has experience in the forum?

With the rain forecast this coming days, I wish you all the best to fix your leak.

It would be good if there is a Brissy JGC owner meet, i can learn more.
In the US they use DEF to help meet NOx emissions limits:
Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) is a non-hazardous solution, which is 32.5% urea and 67.5% de-ionized water. DEF is sprayed into the exhaust stream of diesel vehicles to break down dangerous NOx emissions into harmless nitrogen and water.
They don't bother with this on the exprt models, we just have a dpf which is a filter on the exhaust that catches the soot that diesels normally spew out.

Normally the dpf will fill after some time, and they use a method called a regeneration to burn off the soot in the filter (a bit like auto cleaning ovens). But for some reasons some cars wouldn't go into regeneration and the car would decide to go into limp mode as the dpf was too full.

There are a few reasons the regen may not work, sensors can fail, filters can become permanently clogged, etc, but it seems many were failing because the computer was misreading data from the sensors and wouldn't start a regen. The update supposedly fixes that.

Looking like a wet easter, I'm booked for a camping trip on the 2nd week of holidays, I'll be pissed if it gets rained out!
__________________
MY14 Grand Cherokee LTD CRD - ORA2 & QL | Mopar 18" Night Fever Rims & Rock Rails | Chief Recovery Hooks & Sump Skid Plate | STMaxx 275/65R18
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-31-2015, 08:57 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: BrisVegas
Posts: 20
Thanks: 7
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Rep Power: 713
jeepking is on a distinguished road
Re: Australia - TSB updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn0 View Post
In the US they use DEF to help meet NOx emissions limits:
Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) is a non-hazardous solution, which is 32.5% urea and 67.5% de-ionized water. DEF is sprayed into the exhaust stream of diesel vehicles to break down dangerous NOx emissions into harmless nitrogen and water.
They don't bother with this on the exprt models, we just have a dpf which is a filter on the exhaust that catches the soot that diesels normally spew out.

Normally the dpf will fill after some time, and they use a method called a regeneration to burn off the soot in the filter (a bit like auto cleaning ovens). But for some reasons some cars wouldn't go into regeneration and the car would decide to go into limp mode as the dpf was too full.

There are a few reasons the regen may not work, sensors can fail, filters can become permanently clogged, etc, but it seems many were failing because the computer was misreading data from the sensors and wouldn't start a regen. The update supposedly fixes that.

Looking like a wet easter, I'm booked for a camping trip on the 2nd week of holidays, I'll be pissed if it gets rained out!
Thank you Benn0 for this detail explanation. Appreciate it!

IF the update is only of MY14, do I need to get my MY15 updated?

I am going away too, not happy with the rain forecast
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-31-2015, 09:02 PM
Benn0's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 2,103
Thanks: 105
Thanked 334 Times in 262 Posts
Rep Power: 18747
Benn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenn0 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Australia - TSB updates

Well I haven't heard of the DPF issue occurring for the MY15, I'm guessing that since they fixed it for the MY14s they have already updated the software in the MY15 at the factory. But either way there is no update available for the DPF issue in the MY15, yet. So assume it will be all good, and hope for the best.
__________________
MY14 Grand Cherokee LTD CRD - ORA2 & QL | Mopar 18" Night Fever Rims & Rock Rails | Chief Recovery Hooks & Sump Skid Plate | STMaxx 275/65R18
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Benn0 For This Useful Post:
  #24  
Old 04-01-2015, 03:55 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 151
Thanks: 14
Thanked 26 Times in 25 Posts
Rep Power: 1040
Qpr39 is on a distinguished road
Re: Australia - TSB updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepking View Post
So far the is no MIL appearing.

What is RRT?
Just for your info RRT stands for Rapid Response Transmittal. By the sound of it it's an update that they should treat with a bit more urgency than normal but unfortunately you can't count on that.

But as Benn0 has said you should not be affected by the DPF issue.
__________________
MY14 Grand Cherokee Overland CRD - white - Mopar tow bar - Redarc Tow-Pro brake controller - Whispbar racks - cheap Chinese sill guard plates that look the part :)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
australia, update

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
uConnect Updates for Australia ? Paul Julian 2014+ Cherokee-KL 22 03-10-2015 08:13 PM
***JeepGarage Exclusive***Latest information and updates on the "WK2" Grand Cherokee Milous Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 4 07-20-2010 07:17 PM
Superchips Owners Updates SoCalMoparWK Performance Modifications 11 02-15-2010 06:58 PM
Sign Up For Updates! Frankie Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 2 01-01-2010 11:57 AM
Jeepgarage.org Twitter account-get updates via Twitter Scottina06 Site News, Help, and Feedback 13 06-11-2009 04:39 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.