So I may or may not have experienced a DPF regen today. I remain unsure.
- Within a few minutes of leaving driveway, entered the normal traffic of 80km zone (semi-rural road, dips and rises and corners etc - normal stuff - not highway though).
- About 4 minutes into trip I had a very wordy message flash up on the EVIC but too quick to actually read what it said. My brain just thought 'that's a lot to read' but then it disappeared and I needed to watch the road.
- About two minutes later, it flashed up again - the same wordy message ie: but I still could not get a grasp of it between keeping eyes on the road and what it actually said.
- Vehicle was still in 'aero mode' and still travelling between 80-100kms.
- Had to slow for the 40km school zone and then enter the extremely slow 'kiss and drop school drop-off' zone for about 5 minutes. Vehicle travelling at about 5-10kms/hr now for about 5 minutes. Stopped to allow child off.
- I'm thinking 'She's going to throw the DPF and go into limp mode anytime now'
- Got out of the school as quickly as possible and once clear of normal traffic I hit it. 100kms and suddenly I had the red ring appear around the speedometer. I have never had that happen before.
- No message on the EVIC, just the 'red ring'. I maintained 100kms for about 3 minutes and it maintained the 'red ring'. Aero still on.
- After that, I had to slow down - red ring went away and whilst I took it up to 100kms for about another km or so after getting through that slow bit, the red ring nor the original message appeared again.
- No burn-off smell from the back of the vehicle once I was home and parked.
Was that a regen?
I have no idea and I still want to know want that very wordy message was (that appeared twice) but was so quick I couldn't read it.
Vehicle driven subsequent to this morning - same road and beyond. No message and all good as usual.
She is sitting at 18813kms at the moment - 1200 odd, short of the 20,000 service. Oil life is 60% as of today and everything is sweet as usual.
Build date because I checked the other day - April 13th 2013.