Is your Engine Oil Correct in Australia - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Export Grand Cherokee 2011+

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 06-11-2015, 03:45 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Hunter Valley Aus
Posts: 104
Thanks: 9
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 737
Anzac is on a distinguished road
Is your Engine Oil Correct in Australia

I have been doing some digging around and have been looking at the specs for my 6.4L SRT and it seems that the recommended engine oil is in fact

PENNZOIL ULTRA 0W-40........New Pennzoil UltraTM 0W-40 Designed For All SRT Vehicles so I read the article and then proceed to look for the oil here in Australia (which I can't Fuc*ing find or buy).

Then I learn that Penzoil is really Shell Oil as I wanted to contact them (Penzoil) to ask about purchasing in Australia Contact Us - Pennzoil and the URL of the specs gives it away as well..........http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GPCDOC_Local_TDS_United_States_Pennzoil_Ultra_Plat inum_0W-40_(SN_Chrysler)_(en-US)_TDS.pdf.....

So I go to the Shell website and see if I can get a Synthetic Oil for my vehicle from them and there is no product that I can find that meets or exceeds the MS - 12633 even though Penzoil is Shell and Shell is Penzoil.............ffs

QOUTE "Specifically formulated for the needs of Chrysler SRT engines where MS-
12633 is required. It may also be used in SRT engines originally
recommending Chrysler MS-10725" via this .pdf http://www.moparinternational.com/as..._19Dec2014.pdf

Shell search for oil is bull shite as it does not list Jeep GC at all only Chrysler see attached .pdf

Mobil is next
Mobil 1 0W-40 Mobil 1â„¢ 0W-40
Does not state approved for my engine at all.

Castrol, Nulon, Penrite all the same as Mobil all say they are the greatest but none stating they meet or exceed the needs of Chrysler SRT engines where MS- 12633 as required

The only oil company I found today.......that openly states it meets the Chrysler MS-12633, MS-10725, MS-10850 standard.................and I'm sick of looking TOO is

AMSOIL - Signature Series 0W-40 Synthetic Motor Oil
https://www.amsoil.com/newsstand/art...gh-horsepower/

2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 6.4L 8-cyl Engine Code [J] ESG from their US site: AMSOIL Online Product Application Guide

It's also sold in Australia here: http://enginecare.com.au/product-cat...nts/motor-oil/

VIN DECODER IF YOU NEED IT: Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 - 2011-up Grand Cherokee VIN decoding

Hopefully some oil engineer will correct me and say that there are many choices out there that I can use in my engine today...(these days).....all he or she has to do is prove in writing IS that whatever engine oil he or she suggests meets or exceeds the Chrysler MS-12633, MS-10725 standard.

I didn't stuff myself around to find the cheapest engine oil for my vehicle either, I want the right oil is all, I simply want my oil to meet or exceed the standard.

What do the dealers use? Does anyone work for a dealer here? Give us some insight please.

Really sorry if this has been posted/asked before as I did search and there were heaps of hits to my search.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf United_States_Pennzoil_Ultra_Platinum_0W-40_(SN_Chrysler)_(en-US)_TDS.pdf (422.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: pdf Shell.pdf (222.6 KB, 0 views)

__________________
2015 JGC SRT...Injen CAI, Borla ATAK Axle Back, DRL mod, BT Catch Can, R1 Rotors, Hawk Pads, 180 Tstat, Cosmoblaze 20 120W CREE LED Light Bar hidden behind grill
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 06-11-2015, 05:57 AM
nicjak's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: victoria
Posts: 865
Thanks: 48
Thanked 124 Times in 108 Posts
Rep Power: 3086
nicjak has a reputation beyond reputenicjak has a reputation beyond reputenicjak has a reputation beyond reputenicjak has a reputation beyond reputenicjak has a reputation beyond reputenicjak has a reputation beyond reputenicjak has a reputation beyond reputenicjak has a reputation beyond reputenicjak has a reputation beyond reputenicjak has a reputation beyond reputenicjak has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is your Engine Oil Correct in Australia

Mate I run a workshop and have the 5.7 im using valvoline full synthetic, it was recommended on there website and from the techs.
__________________
2012, grand cherokee 5.7 overland.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-11-2015, 06:06 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Hunter Valley Aus
Posts: 104
Thanks: 9
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 737
Anzac is on a distinguished road
Re: Is your Engine Oil Correct in Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
Mate I run a workshop and have the 5.7 im using valvoline full synthetic, it was recommended on there website and from the techs.
Thanks for getting back, I'll definitely check out Valvoline, which had escaped my mind today after all the looking I did.

I have just checked and SynPower 0W-40 Synthetic Engine Oil does not mention the Chrysler MS-12633, MS-10725 standard it is probably fine to use, but it's not in writing.

Your 5.7 is as follows: 5W-20 (5.7 V8 Hemi)
MOPAR® API Certified SAE 5W-20 engine oil, meeting the requirements of Chrysler Group LLC Material Standard MS-6395
Mopar p/n 04761872AC, MSRP $5.95/quart

CAUTION: Vehicles with 5.7L engines equipped with Multiple Displacement System (MDS) must use SAE 5W-20 oil. Failure to do so may result in improper operation of the Multiple Displacement System (MDS).

From http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_maintenance.htm#LUBE
__________________
2015 JGC SRT...Injen CAI, Borla ATAK Axle Back, DRL mod, BT Catch Can, R1 Rotors, Hawk Pads, 180 Tstat, Cosmoblaze 20 120W CREE LED Light Bar hidden behind grill
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-11-2015, 06:32 AM
nicjak's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: victoria
Posts: 865
Thanks: 48
Thanked 124 Times in 108 Posts
Rep Power: 3086
nicjak has a reputation beyond reputenicjak has a reputation beyond reputenicjak has a reputation beyond reputenicjak has a reputation beyond reputenicjak has a reputation beyond reputenicjak has a reputation beyond reputenicjak has a reputation beyond reputenicjak has a reputation beyond reputenicjak has a reputation beyond reputenicjak has a reputation beyond reputenicjak has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is your Engine Oil Correct in Australia

Been using it for sometime now the dealer also recommended it as I was supplying him my oil whilst they were doing the servicing. I now do my own since the warranty has ran out. I did at some stage cross it over in writing, I will dig it up in the next few days.
__________________
2012, grand cherokee 5.7 overland.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-15-2015, 10:56 AM
orid's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 25
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 966
orid is on a distinguished road
Re: Is your Engine Oil Correct in Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anzac View Post
I have been doing some digging around and have been looking at the specs for my 6.4L SRT and it seems that the recommended engine oil is in fact

PENNZOIL ULTRA 0W-40........New Pennzoil UltraTM 0W-40 Designed For All SRT Vehicles so I read the article and then proceed to look for the oil here in Australia (which I can't Fuc*ing find or buy).

Then I learn that Penzoil is really Shell Oil as I wanted to contact them (Penzoil) to ask about purchasing in Australia Contact Us - Pennzoil and the URL of the specs gives it away as well..........http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GPCDOC_Local_TDS_United_States_Pennzoil_Ultra_Plat inum_0W-40_(SN_Chrysler)_(en-US)_TDS.pdf.....


So I go to the Shell website and see if I can get a Synthetic Oil for my vehicle from them and there is no product that I can find that meets or exceeds the MS - 12633 even though Penzoil is Shell and Shell is Penzoil.............ffs

QOUTE "Specifically formulated for the needs of Chrysler SRT engines where MS-
12633 is required. It may also be used in SRT engines originally
recommending Chrysler MS-10725" via this .pdf http://www.moparinternational.com/as..._19Dec2014.pdf

Shell search for oil is bull shite as it does not list Jeep GC at all only Chrysler see attached .pdf

Mobil is next
Mobil 1 0W-40 Mobil 1â„¢ 0W-40
Does not state approved for my engine at all.

Castrol, Nulon, Penrite all the same as Mobil all say they are the greatest but none stating they meet or exceed the needs of Chrysler SRT engines where MS- 12633 as required

The only oil company I found today.......that openly states it meets the Chrysler MS-12633, MS-10725, MS-10850 standard.................and I'm sick of looking TOO is

AMSOIL - Signature Series 0W-40 Synthetic Motor Oil
https://www.amsoil.com/newsstand/art...gh-horsepower/

2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 6.4L 8-cyl Engine Code [J] ESG from their US site: AMSOIL Online Product Application Guide

It's also sold in Australia here: http://enginecare.com.au/product-cat...nts/motor-oil/

VIN DECODER IF YOU NEED IT: Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 - 2011-up Grand Cherokee VIN decoding

Hopefully some oil engineer will correct me and say that there are many choices out there that I can use in my engine today...(these days).....all he or she has to do is prove in writing IS that whatever engine oil he or she suggests meets or exceeds the Chrysler MS-12633, MS-10725 standard.

I didn't stuff myself around to find the cheapest engine oil for my vehicle either, I want the right oil is all, I simply want my oil to meet or exceed the standard.

What do the dealers use? Does anyone work for a dealer here? Give us some insight please.

Really sorry if this has been posted/asked before as I did search and there were heaps of hits to my search.
Pity there are no answers from the dealers .I am having the same problem finding oil that meets Chryslers specs, only amsoil seems to meet them makes you wonder what the dealers are using , anything that suits them no doubt.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-15-2015, 10:46 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Hunter Valley Aus
Posts: 104
Thanks: 9
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 737
Anzac is on a distinguished road
Re: Is your Engine Oil Correct in Australia

I'm using AMSOIL
__________________
2015 JGC SRT...Injen CAI, Borla ATAK Axle Back, DRL mod, BT Catch Can, R1 Rotors, Hawk Pads, 180 Tstat, Cosmoblaze 20 120W CREE LED Light Bar hidden behind grill
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-16-2015, 01:17 AM
orid's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 25
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 966
orid is on a distinguished road
Re: Is your Engine Oil Correct in Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anzac View Post
I'm using AMSOIL
thankyou Anzac
are you using 0w-40 amsoil?
heh not stocked here in wa may have to order from east freight is a killer
Amsoil guy here says the Amsoil euro 5w-40 should be ok
Ive phoned a few dealers here in wa one said we use whatever is available in the workshop??? another said they use shell helix 5w-30 another said they use penrite 0w-40 when I said that doesn't meet the standards Chrysler specifys like the Pennzoil he came up with "oh we use Pennzoil if you bring a container we can sell you some " All BS
All very very disappointing
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-16-2015, 02:36 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Hunter Valley Aus
Posts: 104
Thanks: 9
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 737
Anzac is on a distinguished road
Re: Is your Engine Oil Correct in Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by orid View Post
thankyou Anzac
are you using 0w-40 amsoil?
heh not stocked here in wa may have to order from east freight is a killer
Amsoil guy here says the Amsoil euro 5w-40 should be ok
Ive phoned a few dealers here in wa one said we use whatever is available in the workshop??? another said they use shell helix 5w-30 another said they use penrite 0w-40 when I said that doesn't meet the standards Chrysler specifys like the Pennzoil he came up with "oh we use Pennzoil if you bring a container we can sell you some " All BS
All very very disappointing
Orid,

Just to let you know that Shell OWNS the Pennzoil brand and Pennzoil has not been available since 1 June 2010 in Australia, so that dealer is full of shite for sure.

AMSOIL 0W40 is what I use I have attached a couple of pics for you.

Interesting to note up to 25,000 Miles or 40,000 KM, 700Hrs or 1 year on a single oil change...............I do mine every 12000 Km
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Front.pdf (720.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: pdf Back.pdf (608.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: pdf Inside back Leaflet.pdf (762.5 KB, 6 views)
__________________
2015 JGC SRT...Injen CAI, Borla ATAK Axle Back, DRL mod, BT Catch Can, R1 Rotors, Hawk Pads, 180 Tstat, Cosmoblaze 20 120W CREE LED Light Bar hidden behind grill
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-16-2015, 04:08 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 72
Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 15841
wk2gp has a reputation beyond reputewk2gp has a reputation beyond reputewk2gp has a reputation beyond reputewk2gp has a reputation beyond reputewk2gp has a reputation beyond reputewk2gp has a reputation beyond reputewk2gp has a reputation beyond reputewk2gp has a reputation beyond reputewk2gp has a reputation beyond reputewk2gp has a reputation beyond reputewk2gp has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is your Engine Oil Correct in Australia

Meets MS-10725 MS-10850


eBay item # 181618536845


Pennzoil Ultra Euro 5W 40 1 Quart 0 946 Liter Ferrari Maserati Porsche Chrysler | eBay
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-16-2015, 04:34 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Hunter Valley Aus
Posts: 104
Thanks: 9
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 737
Anzac is on a distinguished road
Re: Is your Engine Oil Correct in Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by wk2gp View Post
Does it meet or exceed the MS - 126633

PENNZOIL ULTRA 0W-40........http://www.pennzoil.com/press/new-pe...-srt-vehicles/
__________________
2015 JGC SRT...Injen CAI, Borla ATAK Axle Back, DRL mod, BT Catch Can, R1 Rotors, Hawk Pads, 180 Tstat, Cosmoblaze 20 120W CREE LED Light Bar hidden behind grill
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-16-2015, 04:41 AM
orid's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 25
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 966
orid is on a distinguished road
Re: Is your Engine Oil Correct in Australia

ill stick with amsoil myself
but thanks for the suggestion
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-16-2015, 05:09 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 72
Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 15841
wk2gp has a reputation beyond reputewk2gp has a reputation beyond reputewk2gp has a reputation beyond reputewk2gp has a reputation beyond reputewk2gp has a reputation beyond reputewk2gp has a reputation beyond reputewk2gp has a reputation beyond reputewk2gp has a reputation beyond reputewk2gp has a reputation beyond reputewk2gp has a reputation beyond reputewk2gp has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is your Engine Oil Correct in Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anzac View Post
Does it meet or exceed the MS - 126633

PENNZOIL ULTRA 0W-40........New Pennzoil UltraTM 0W-40 Designed For All SRT Vehicles
From your Post #1

* The only oil company I found today.......that openly states it meets the Chrysler MS-12633, MS-10725, MS-10850 standard.................and I'm sick of looking TOO is

AMSOIL - Signature Series 0W-40 Synthetic Motor Oil
https://www.amsoil.com/newsstand/art...gh-horsepower/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
australia

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Correct oil type, and EURO? jerzjunior Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 10 04-15-2014 07:41 PM
Is this the correct oil filter? rdalcanto Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 8 04-22-2012 04:32 PM
Stalling Problem -- Dealer has been able to correct maddogskibum Grand Cherokee - WK 6 06-26-2011 09:27 PM
Correct me on suspension + tires JohnsonUSAF Grand Cherokee - WK 1 03-15-2010 12:50 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.