Did my 10k service on my MY14 CRD at Jeep Waitara, Sydney, the other day. Original price quoted was $481 when I booked it in. I supplied 9 litres of my own Mobil 1 ESP 5W30 (from GL Lubricants at $13.50 per litre). I used the free mopar oil filter voucher, they accepted it.
Total price for the service was reduced to $300.20, a reduction of $180 comprised of around $60 for the free oil filter and $120 for the oil that they did not use.
I asked what oil they normally use for the CRD and the response was a Caltex semi synthetic 5W30. Glad I supplied my own Mobil 1 ESP 5W30. But, I supplied 9 x 1litre bottles of oil, I thought that with oil filter replacement it takes 8.5litres, I was returned 1 unopened bottle of oil. I checked the oil level when I got home and it was clean oil at the max line on the dipstick. The invoice does show a new oil filter part has been used with a new oil drain bolt.
Uconnect was updated to 14.05.03 which is TSB08-021-14 which is RRT (recall) 14-023.
Asked if TSB 18-018-14 which is a RRT (recall) 14-028 was to be performed (the DPF and early limp mode issue), they said that only RRT14-023 was applicable for my car according to my VIN. Service dude then mentioned to me that if I wanted 14-028 done that I would need to pay for it…what
? I then questioned him saying “if the VIN check doesn’t show it needs to be done then why would I pay to get it done?” I then added that “you guys will be paying for it in the long run if my car comes up with the DPF full and goes into limp mode”.
Getting the roof rail bolts replaced as they are rusting, none in Australia so is coming in from US.
Getting the fuel door panel replaced as it’s not centred properly, in stock in Melb.
Getting the glove box replaced as not aligned and is warped, in stock in Melb.
Mentioned the cruise control doesn’t stay on in standby mode when pressing the button to activate (in standby) and also mentioned it turns off and locks out when pressing the +button. Service dude said a software update has been done for that.
Complained that a few times Uconnect radio was not showing any radio stations, all presets disappeared and couldn’t change radio stations at all. He said they updated the Uconnect version and it should be ok. I started the car to leave and this issue shows up again so I quickly run in to show the service dude, he was surprised to see it and then did the soft reboot (mute and tune buttons together). Told me to monitor it and if it happens again to let him know.
Wheels were rotated front to back (I marked them previously), I questioned shouldn’t they be rotated diagonally and he said on the 10k service they only do front to back and the next one will be diagonally, hmm we’ll see.
I asked if the oil life indication has been reset, service dude asked the tech and tech said it has been reset. I jump in, scroll to the correct screen and highlight to the service dude that it still shows 50%, he drives my car back into the workshop to get it reset again. A few minutes later car is back out with oil indicator now showing 100%.
The tyre pressure readings before service was 2.5bar, after service 3 were at 2.8bar and 1 at 2.5bar. Questioned it. Tech came out with tyre pressure guage and checked all 4 as he said they did pump up all 4 to 2.8 and said that when I start driving that the computer will update as it hasn’t yet picked up that the wheels have been changed from front to back. Sure enough a few km down the road it updated to reading all 2.8bar.