My apologies for the lack of updates lately. I had to go in to hospital for some minor procedures on my back. Nothing too serious, but it left me without the time to keep everyone up-to-date. On the positive side it didn't slow down development, we've kept the whole process moving along.
Since my last post, we did a bit of testing on the current prototypes. That testing led us to make a few tweaks;
- Moved the mounting holes a few mm to one side for easier installation and better clearance of the air dam openings.
- Tweaked the shape of the hook to maximise clearance inside the air dam opening.
- Tweaked the shape of the middle mounting plate to provide more clearance behind the air dam.
- Increased the size of the hole on WK2 Recovery Point, to better fit 4.75T bow shackles.
We also moved to a new manufacturing process that significantly lowered costs. I hope to have the final prototypes in my hands by the end of the week.
I'm doing my best to develop a top quality product that is ready-to-go as soon as possible. I know everyone is anxious to get these bolted to their WK2s.
MY12 WK2 Overland (5.7L Hemi + Quadra-Lift)
Mineral Grey + Satin Black Trim + Black Interior
Mopar Rock Rails + Hayman Reese Tow Bar
Mopar 18" Off-Road Wheels + 275/65R18 Maxxis MT-762s
- (Recovery Hook + Recover Point + Sump Protection Plate + Latest Prototypes)