Servicing jeep in perth - Page 7 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 - > Export Grand Cherokee 2011+

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #73  
Old 02-27-2015, 04:46 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 496
Thanks: 40
Thanked 37 Times in 31 Posts
Rep Power: 3218
imaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond repute
Servicing jeep in perth

If it's not the parking brake, maybe the tranny pcm was reset and lost my driving habits(skills).. As when I got the car back, I noticed my radio eq was back to default. Would it really take a couple weeks to for the car to relearn? Tranny Feels sluggish and holds back a little.

Also noticed they must of reset all codes, as there's no errors when I attach the obd reader. Usually there's some codes.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #74  
Old 02-27-2015, 07:00 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: PERTH West Australia
Posts: 114
Thanks: 20
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 1501
Gustlock is on a distinguished road
Re: Servicing jeep in perth

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaz View Post
If it's not the parking brake, maybe the tranny pcm was reset and lost my driving habits(skills).. As when I got the car back, I noticed my radio eq was back to default. Would it really take a couple weeks to for the car to relearn? Tranny Feels sluggish and holds back a little.

Also noticed they must of reset all codes, as there's no errors when I attach the obd reader. Usually there's some codes.
Imaz is your Jeep a 12 or 14 series? I understand that if it is a 14 and had the latest tranny update done the shift points may have changed. If it is a
12 give them a call it's a good vehicle. I am sure they will sort it out. I have found OBJ very helpful with my 14 with all the shit that has gone on with it that they are sorting out. Jeep/Fiat seem to be very slow at resolving issue that mostly seem to be programming related. I suppose you can't fix what's not broken!! Who did the initial research and development on this vehicle? Maybe they need a Spill Toooo.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 02-27-2015, 07:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 496
Thanks: 40
Thanked 37 Times in 31 Posts
Rep Power: 3218
imaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Servicing jeep in perth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustlock View Post
Imaz is your Jeep a 12 or 14 series? I understand that if it is a 14 and had the latest tranny update done the shift points may have changed. If it is a
12 give them a call it's a good vehicle. I am sure they will sort it out. I have found OBJ very helpful with my 14 with all the shit that has gone on with it that they are sorting out. Jeep/Fiat seem to be very slow at resolving issue that mostly seem to be programming related. I suppose you can't fix what's not broken!! Who did the initial research and development on this vehicle? Maybe they need a Spill Toooo.

12, Yeh they're quite accommodating. I'll give them a call after this long week end if it doesn't resolve itself.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #76  
Old 02-27-2015, 08:05 PM
sironic's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Perth WA
Posts: 208
Thanks: 83
Thanked 44 Times in 32 Posts
Rep Power: 1292
sironic is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: Servicing jeep in perth

Just going to leave another positive comment here for Osborne Park CJD. Had a service done this week and Mopar tow added. The front desk service was again very accommodating and professional. Got a decent price, and free loan car (which I wasn't expecting).

Good stuff!



Cheers, Simon
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 02-27-2015, 08:19 PM
Barboots's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 2,479
Thanks: 139
Thanked 359 Times in 304 Posts
Rep Power: 42565
Barboots has disabled reputation
Re: Servicing jeep in perth

I should have taken a photo of the numerous areas of dash and centre stack damage from when the leather top pad was replaced by them. It was like there wasn't a set of plastic trim tools in the whole workshop. I guess they did order in the side vent garnish which had been dragged along the concrete.

In retrospect, I'm happy that car got binned... because looking at all those prising marks everywhere would have driven me absolutely nuts.

Cheers,
Steve
__________________
2014 Overland CRD
Perth, Western Australia
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 02-27-2015, 08:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 496
Thanks: 40
Thanked 37 Times in 31 Posts
Rep Power: 3218
imaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Servicing jeep in perth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barboots View Post
I should have taken a photo of the numerous areas of dash and centre stack damage from when the leather top pad was replaced by them. It was like there wasn't a set of plastic trim tools in the whole workshop. I guess they did order in the side vent garnish which had been dragged along the concrete.

In retrospect, I'm happy that car got binned... because looking at all those prising marks everywhere would have driven me absolutely nuts.

Cheers,
Steve

Wow that's bad. Binned? Did you total it?
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 02-27-2015, 08:48 PM
Barboots's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 2,479
Thanks: 139
Thanked 359 Times in 304 Posts
Rep Power: 42565
Barboots has disabled reputation
Re: Servicing jeep in perth

Yeah it was about 9 months ago mate. Interestingly, the Statutory Write-off wreck went to the Middle East to be repaired. No wonder we can't get second hand parts here FFS.
__________________
2014 Overland CRD
Perth, Western Australia
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 02-27-2015, 09:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 496
Thanks: 40
Thanked 37 Times in 31 Posts
Rep Power: 3218
imaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond reputeimaz has a reputation beyond repute
Servicing jeep in perth

No surprise. Demand for jeeps in the desert so they pay more for the wreck then your local Tony wreckers eg. $50.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 03-15-2015, 11:40 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Perth Western Australia
Posts: 67
Thanks: 15
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 1260
Redldr is on a distinguished road
Re: Servicing jeep in perth

Hey guys,
My Overland CRD is due for its 20k service this week so I called around the usual suspects for prices.

DVG Maddington $565
DVD Melville $565
Osbourne Park $580
John Hughes $578

All of them are a lot more than on Snukes spreadsheet ($465.34). What has everyone else been paying for their 20K?
__________________
MY14 Overland CRD
Deep Cherry Red
Light frost Interior.

I'm loving it!
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 03-16-2015, 03:30 AM
sironic's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Perth WA
Posts: 208
Thanks: 83
Thanked 44 Times in 32 Posts
Rep Power: 1292
sironic is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: Servicing jeep in perth

Get the service price from a generic service place like lubemobile, then call the dealer, quoting that and they should give a better price. Worked for me with Os Park recently and I still got a loan car for free. They likely won't match the non-Jeep service price you quote to them, but in my case it did motivate them to move lower.


Cheers, Simon
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 03-16-2015, 05:11 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mandurah West Australia
Posts: 51
Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 1505
Elvin is on a distinguished road
Re: Servicing jeep in perth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redldr View Post
Hey guys,
My Overland CRD is due for its 20k service this week so I called around the usual suspects for prices.

DVG Maddington $565
DVD Melville $565
Osbourne Park $580
John Hughes $578

All of them are a lot more than on Snukes spreadsheet ($465.34). What has everyone else been paying for their 20K?
Had my 20000 klm service done at John Hughes about 3 weeks ago and cost exactly $340 . That was for labour ,oil filter and pollen filter and the oil was supplied by me .Top grade Castrol that i got on special for around $50 for 5lts.

I supply the two containers with 5 lts in one and three in the other and marked as such.
I also ask for the empty containers back so i can use next time.

Never had any problems at all with my vehicle other than recalls done at service.

Elvin
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 03-19-2015, 08:20 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Perth Western Australia
Posts: 67
Thanks: 15
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 1260
Redldr is on a distinguished road
Re: Servicing jeep in perth

Just dropped the overland at DVG Maddington for the 20K. Asked again about the price and was told $595. I asked if that was fleet price (as car is salary sacrificed) she dropped it down to $535 the showed the Mopar free oil filter coupon. She was happy to accept it and that dropped the price to $440. Got to be happy with that!
__________________
MY14 Overland CRD
Deep Cherry Red
Light frost Interior.

I'm loving it!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jeep Australia Servicing Deals AussieWK2 Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ 126 07-10-2012 12:09 AM
Hello from Perth Australia Thommo New Members - Welcome! 6 03-01-2012 07:27 PM
New Member for Perth Oz xerocash New Members - Welcome! 12 11-20-2011 10:02 AM
Hello from Perth, Australia wozza New Members - Welcome! 9 08-13-2011 02:22 PM
Hey from down under (Perth) luv_psi New Members - Welcome! 9 05-31-2011 08:35 PM

» Premium Vendor Showcase
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.